AC Milan (2019/20)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
What’s the genuine feeling heading into the new season? A challenge for the European spots im guessing and MAYBE a surprise league challenge (probably not).

Also is Donnaruma supposed to be leaving?

::sonny::

They are ready for another 6-7th league place

But better than us, because we’ll not finish in the top 7 next year

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's the situation with their ownership currently?

Hoof the ball

It's a step in the right direction for the Rossoneri. They've hired an actual coach, rather than a club legend. Whichever way you look at it, that's a step in the right direction. They'll miss not securing Bakayoko on a permanent transfer, and contrary to what many have said on this forum, he was outstanding for Milan last season. Their best player alongside Piatek. Romagnoli and Caldara will lock down their defence for years.

Three consecutive top ten finishes with Sampdoria (10, 10, 9) have been decent, if a little unspectacular. The Milan fans on Reddit aren't overwhelmed by the appointment but they are cautiously optimistic.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I'm confident that we'll reach 4th place

We signed Piatek and Paquetà last january and we made 37 points in 19 games since their debut, a real improvement -> usually 74 points are enough to finish top 4 in any league. AC Milan probably won't play in the UEL next season and this helps too.

My only fear is that, right because Leonardo already spent € 70 mln a few months ago, our summercato will be mediocre

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'm confident that we'll reach 4th place

We signed Piatek and Paquetà last january and we made 37 points in 19 games since their debut, a real improvement -> usually 74 points are enough to finish top 4 in any league. AC Milan probably won't play in the UEL next season and this helps too.

My only fear is that, right because Leonardo already spent € 70 mln a few months ago, our summercato will be mediocre
Really like Paqueta he is a real fun player to watch.

::sonny::

What's the situation with their ownership currently?
Elliot fund (an investment fund) bought the club after the former owner didn’t have the money to pay the mortgage he asked to them to buy the club

They will try to sell the club after having healed the financial situation (they will be banned again by UEFA from Europa league, for not respecting the ffp)

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
When people moan about Utd, I keep telling them to look at AC Milan. At least Utd is still rich (on paper).

I don't know what to say anymore about AC Milan: they could reach Top4 and win the EL or they could end up trophyless and 6th-7th.

Cloud7

In before “can we withdraw as well?”

Seriously though, can we?

They did play some decent football on occasions last season even before Piatek and Paqueta came onboard.
And they,to some extent,went against the stereotype of what you'd expect of a Gattuso side ie alot of graft but lacking flair and were,to some extent,the opposite.
Problem with Gattuso was his choice of personal rather than style.

They should do better now though. Giampaolo is a good coach who's had a steady career.Still relatively young in the management game too.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
EL is better than nothing. Arsenal banked about 30+mil for reaching the semis in 17/18 and it’s a not bad for a competition where you mostly play youngsters and subs. CL obviously better but EL is literally better than nothing.

lysglimt

Scout
EL will be brilliant for us..lots of gametime for the kids

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This should help them. A consistent week of rest during Serie A could help them secure CL. We've seen how performances improved for both Liverpool and Chelsea in 16/17.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Now that I think about it, Mou at ACMilan would be a good choice for both.

That said, current AC probably cannot afford him or his required players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised Rebic isn't starting.

Lucas Paqueta on bench tonight so looks like that hype has died down a little.

Said in Serie A thread but this reminds me of when Gaspierini managed Inter for about 5 games.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Surprised Rebic isn't starting.

Lucas Paqueta on bench tonight so looks like that hype has died down a little.

Said in Serie A thread but this reminds me of when Gaspierini managed Inter for about 5 games.
Honestly those guys coming from Frankfurt aren’t finding their life easy. Haller is at West Ham?Is Jovic playing for Madrid or injured?

Paqueta was criticised by Giampaolo at the start of the season and didn’t reacted well to that. The problems at the club look bigger than the coaches tbh, since Allegri left them what have they done?

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
They should appoint Allegri. Inter and Milan have been terrible at appointing managers. Inter got it right with Conte this time.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
They should appoint Allegri. Inter and Milan have been terrible at appointing managers. Inter got it right with Conte this time.
He was horrible the last time and without $$$ I don't think he'd fare any better.

What a horrible waste of money

Last edited:

Bole Top

sad times for them. they obviously aren't a top 3 team, but surely they aren't this bad. they're really not going anywhere and they're horribly managed. the team that beat that Barca side 2-0 not that long ago... I mean, on paper, was it really that better than current one? Abbiati, Zapata, Mexes, Constant, Ambrosini, Muntari, Boateng, Pazzini, Bojan, Yepes... yet they were easily getting that top 3 (they had Allegri though).

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's not like they are not spending. Italian Manchester United.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
sad times for them. they obviously aren't a top 3 team, but surely they aren't this bad. they're really not going anywhere and they're horribly managed. the team that beat that Barca side 2-0 not that long ago... I mean, on paper, was it really that better than current one? Abbiati, Zapata, Mexes, Constant, Ambrosini, Muntari, Boateng, Pazzini, Bojan, Yepes... yet they were easily getting that top 3 (they had Allegri though).
Cracking squad. At least Top3-UCL QFs level.