AC Milan vs. Manchester United: Who will win their respective league first? | concluded.

Lentwood

I like AC Milan, one of the great 'historic' football clubs that we grew up watching and inspired our love for the game.

That being said, it's a pointless comparison (their return to the top vs United) because we're playing in a much stronger league with at least two insanely good teams who barely drop a point.

Bear in-mind, United have finished second behind City twice post-SAF. If you strike them out as the cheats/anomalies that they are, we would have an extra couple of league titles.

Having said that...Liverpool would have 3 or 4 more too! So probably better on balance the cheat-code oil franchise does exist!

Lee565

Mourinho thinking short term as usual and pushing Ibrahimovic to the side for lukaku was a big mistake, I would have much rather had seen us just been a bit patient and gone with rashford or martial as strikers whilst ibra was recovering from his injury. It seemed like he had that Cantona aura, everyone seemed to look up to and when did you ever hear of players in our dressing room acting unprofessional when he was at the club? Christ pogba was like stary eyed kid around ibra.

maybe it was a big coincidence but when he left the club things started to go real sour and the clubs he has gone to since all have had successful spells, give me a real role model like ibra over the self centre egotistical drama queen that is ronaldo.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I like AC Milan, one of the great 'historic' football clubs that we grew up watching and inspired our love for the game.

That being said, it's a pointless comparison (their return to the top vs United) because we're playing in a much stronger league with at least two insanely good teams who barely drop a point.

Bear in-mind, United have finished second behind City twice post-SAF. If you strike them out as the cheats/anomalies that they are, we would have an extra couple of league titles.

Having said that...Liverpool would have 3 or 4 more too! So probably better on balance the cheat-code oil franchise does exist!
Ironically (I'm assuming by growing up watching you meant 90s or 00s) they were bankrolled by a benefactor just like the 'cheats/anomalies'.

Lentwood

Ironically (I'm assuming by growing up watching you meant 90s or 00s) they were bankrolled by a benefactor just like the 'cheats/anomalies'.
Right, but loads of teams have had benefactors and people putting cash into the club.

There's no team who have done it on the size/scale of City, bar maybe PSG....plus...it wasn't technically cheating then...what City have done breaks the rules of the modern game. They regularly cook the books to avoid FFP, have been caught red-handed (who knows what they haven't yet been caught doing but rumours abound) and got away on a technicality via an appeal to CAS

Eddy_JukeZ

They fell off worse than we did and still recovered better.

I suppose that's somewhat a positive.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
His name, @Lentwood , reminds me of Lentini who Milan bought for £13M in 1992! That's 13 times more than United paid for Cantona.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His name, @Lentwood , reminds me of Lentini who Milan bought for £13M in 1992! That's 13 times more than United paid for Cantona.
His whole story would make for a movie. Signed after Berlusconi was convinced he was going to be the next Baggio, his career basically ended by a car accident. A car accident while he was driving to meet up the woman he was having an affair with - who happened to be the wife of his teammate and best friend

Tap

His whole story would make for a movie. Signed after Berlusconi was convinced he was going to be the next Baggio, his career basically ended by a car accident. A car accident while he was driving to meet up the woman he was having an affair with - who happened to be the wife of his teammate and best friend
That’s a fine example of just desserts.