Academy Friendly: Loughborough U vs. United

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

vs

Academy Friendly
Kick-off: Wednesday, 10 October, 6:30 PM BST
Location: Loughborough University Stadium, Loughborough, Leicestershire (3,500)

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Ticket prices for the standing terraced areas are £11 adults and £5.50 concessions for current students, over 65’s and under 16’s.

There will also be a limited number of seats available in the grandstand at a cost of £16.50, or £11 for members of the Loughborough Sporting Club. These tickets are only available online.

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/community/news/manchester-united-academy-to-play-at-university.html

tickets

https://www.ticketline.co.uk/order/...orough-university-stadium-2012-10-10-18-30-00

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I should be going, I go to Uni there. Any idea of what type of squad United are taking, I hope it's strong.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I reckon a good portion of the caf goes to lboro.

jb8521

Gollini
Love
Grimshaw
McGinty
James
Weir
Pearson
Hendrie
Pereira
Daehli
Barmby

subs

Rudge
J.Pereira
Wilson
McNair
Rowley

ArmchairCritic

6-2 FT, Pearsonx2, Weir, McNair, Pereira and Daelhi, we conceded two goals from set-pieces after going 6 up. I'm freezing. Full Report when my hands warm up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
6-2 FT, Pearsonx2, Weir, McNair, Pereira and Daelhi, we conceded two goal from set-pieces after going 6 up. I'm freezing.
Who were our best players and did you managed to catch the U17 Match against Derby?

ArmchairCritic

Daelhi's fecking class, Pereira is talented and a bit of a showman, I think he Daehli could learn from each other, I'll give my full views later I'm starving.

ArmchairCritic

Who were our best players and did you managed to catch the U17 Match against Derby?
Pearson was great, love him to bits. Daelhi was great too. Didn't catch the U17's unfortunately had work to do, gutted to miss out on Demi Mitchell.

ArmchairCritic

Righto I'll get cracking on some info on tonight's game, sorry I got a bit sidetracked and started watching Con Air for some reason.

First of all I just want to comment on the warm-up's. Somewhere in my mind I am still convinced at 20 that I could make it as a professional player, after watching these lads warm up all that delusion vanished. Chirst these boys are sharp. Passing, movement, anticipation, vision, you only appreciate how talented these boys are in the flesh and even then you know that many of them won't even go on to play at the highest level.

The game started with the teams coming out to the Champions League theme song, feck me that was cringeworthy. Loughborough started off better passing the ball around until Pearson reads a pass and bursts through the middle unchallenged before squeezing a shot home. Literally our first touches of the ball. Loughborough were a decent side, well organised but lacking a cutting edge and identity, off the ball the gap was massive.

I thought Pearson was class, full of running and always aware of those around him. He didn't try any Hollywood passes and he loves to get stuck in. He reads the game well too, I think he has an excellent chance but my only worry is his size, he has time on side though. He gave the Linesman a right rollocking over one decision, the Linesman wasn't too pleased and it made me chuckle a bit. I loved his competitive spirit.

Daelhi is another lad who really impressed me in the flesh, that first touch is heavenly and his feet are so fecking quick. Some students around me were also impressed, they didn't know who he was and decided to label him Kuyt because of his hair. He seems to have gotten stronger Mats, I just wish he was bit more direct with his play. He looks a real talent though.

Pereira impressed me too, he didn't have a great game but there were just signs of class. He scored a free-kick, hit the bar with a first time shot after letting a pass or throw-in roll across him and there was a little bit of arrogance about him. He was pulling out the step-overs in the first 10 mins. He could learn a bit from Daelhi and be more efficient on the ball, he oozes that Brazilian flair though (he has that languid style which to be lazy reminded me of Kaka). I was disappointed he didn't impose himself on the game more however, Daelhi and Pearson were taken off around the hour mark and the game just petered out. I was disappointed considering the class of the players on the pitch. I was even more disappointed with us conceding from two set-pieces even with someone like Sean McGinty in the side. (We went 6-0 up, finished 6-2). They played goal music after their 2nd goal, more cringing ensued.

Barmby was excellent too, great close control and dribbling. Most of our goals were clinical counter-attacks taking advantage of their errors. I felt we could have gone up a few gears if need be.

There are some excellent young players coming through, Pearson, Daelhi, Pereira (Christ the lad's only 16!), Wilson and Barmby. Time will tell how far they go. Daelhi is a player though, really good technically, still needs to add some strings to his bow. Chatting to Mr.MUJAC in the 2nd Half he reckons Janzuaj has a knee injury.

ArmchairCritic

how was Weir and Barmby?
Weir's good, another neat technical player and he scored, to be honest though I was paying more attention to Daelhi as he was on my side before I switched to standing behind the goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great to read, we do definitely have some great young talent in this squad, so exciting for the future. Just hope to god they dont go the same way Morrison / Pogba did... though for sure they would be key first teamers in the future :rolleyes:.

Pearson seems to be a very good finisher, i havent seen a huge amount of his overall game but seems as though every chance he gets he scores.

Daelhi could be our iniesta, he's got that ability to make the game look slow around him, his dribbling and agility is very similar, and he definitely has the passing ability in the bag.

Lets hope Januzaz can get over his injuries, the lad is going all Petrucci on us.