Academy players playing for the first team

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Henderson
Laird-Tuanzebe-Williams
Garner-Gomes-Levitt
Rashford-Greenwood

:drool: I realise it is not a real team, but what a fantastic core of academy players. Didn't even mention every potential one, just the ones I feel realistically should play a part. 9 players so close to the first team is in fact insane.
It is like we think we're in a hole and are desperately looking outside the club for ways to shine again then the club just suddenly does a trick and we have a new class of incredible youngsters coming through to save the club in a traditional fashion.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Had the list bookmarked somewhere but can't for the life of me find it, but think United's record was more than double of the team in second(possibly Everton), with the team in third a country-mile behind them.
In any one's book its should be a big feckin' deal. And yet, it doesnt seem to be appreciated or recognised universally.

lysglimt

Scout
I just wonder how much money this current crop will save us - I really elieve 5-6 of the 1998-2002 generation will be permanent members of the first-team squad, with maybe 3-4 of them being regulars

So we could easily have players with a market value of £300-400 million in 24 months - with Rashford, Greenwood and Henderson being the key-players.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
In any one's book its should be a big feckin' deal. And yet, it doesnt seem to be appreciated or recognised universally.
Think the original record having an Academy graduate in the starting XI was, but it was extended to having an AG in the match-day squad circa 2003, John O'Shea came on as sub at Arsenal to preserve the record and whoever the club owners are in the future it will continue now until the end of time!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I just wonder how much money this current crop will save us - I really elieve 5-6 of the 1998-2002 generation will be permanent members of the first-team squad, with maybe 3-4 of them being regulars

So we could easily have players with a market value of £300-400 million in 24 months - with Rashford, Greenwood and Henderson being the key-players.
Its recovery for all the money they pissed away post-Fergie.