Academy Players You Are Excited About

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When is the last time we created a star from the academy in the past 20 years before Greenwood? Rashford is questionable.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
When is the last time we created a star from the academy in the past 20 years before Greenwood? Rashford is questionable.
May not be stars but Fletcher, Evans and Brown have all been super high quality starters on premier league winning sides.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Elanga is super impressive every time I watch the reserves.
Mejbri looks nailed on to be a quality player as well.

Garner gets a lot of rave reviews but I haven't seen much of him.

Kweku Amonoo

Ethan Galbraith is class. I expect him to surprise many and push for a first team place ahead of Garner and Levitt, who might go on loan.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So Rashford is questionable but Greenwood is a star?

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
I think one of the most exciting questions every season is who will be the youth product that will be promoted to the first team! With so many of the more “senior” youth players potentially going out on loan this season who do we think it will be this year?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So much talent in there at the moment.

I have to start with Ethan Laird as he’s phenomenal and I think ready for first team football. Below him, you need to look at how the develop even to U23 level - but Mejbri and Elanga look great there, and lower still, Shoretire looks a natural too. Will need to see the new players to see how they get on. Mengi, of course, looks brilliant too, and could feasibly jump over Axel this season in my opinion.

Bestietom

Mejbri, Galbraith, Elanga, are the 3 I will be keeping an eye on. This guy from City, if we get him, has scored a barrow full of goals. I will be watching him closely also.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Depends what you mean by star. If you’re talking about immediate impact in the first team then...

Rashford
Januzaj

Immediate impact is very rare.

if you’re talking about a top talent reaching the first team and showing that talent then the list is much longer...

Williams, Welbeck, Rossi, Evans, Fletcher, Lingard, Richardson...

Then there are those who reached the first team and stayed there for a spell even though they weren’t obvious standouts...

Cleverley, McTominay, Gibson...

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’ve heard a few are going on loan but Galbraith isn’t - potentially good news that he’s next in line?

Or he is going on loan and I’m wrong :lol:
Looks like he's staying put. I'm hopeful of him getting the odd 1st team game this year, and, if so, I think he will impress/surprise a lot of people who overlook him.

Utdstar01

I think Elanga is the one who could surprise many. Got that arrogance about his play and could make the step up i think. Lets see how he does in the U23s.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hannibal looks like he’s going to play for us

Laird but he can’t seem to stay fit.

Elanga keeps improving and he could be anything.

Mengi but I doubt he’s going to play much next season.

I’m really excited to see our new youth signings. The added investment hasn’t gone amiss and the academy is looking well stacked with foreign talent over the last few seasons.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Mejbri, kid looks special.
Elanga, exciting forward with pace and skills. Swedish too so extra interest there.

lewwoo

This is one of those threads that you look back on in 10 years and one or two made it to low prem level and the rest you had forgotten about.

eltigreFalcao

Right now is quite exciting to watch the reserves and U18 sides, since we seem to have a lot of talent whirling around the place there and some of them seem very exiting to say the least.

The likes of Mejbiri, Laird, Galbraith, Garner, Mengi, Elanga, Kovar, Levitt are a joy to watch sometimes and look very promising.
We also have the likes of Puigmal, Traore, Bernard, who could also definitely step up and develop
Special mention to the youngest: Iqbal, Mejía, Fish, and the new additions who seem to be very promising players as well.

That being said, I understand is extremely difficult to get 3-4 players of this list to be successful in the first team. I see Mejbiri, Laird and hopefuly one or two between Garner, Galbraith, Mengi, Elanga to step up and claim a spot in the first team in the next few years.

Edit: looks like Garner is the one closest to get appearances in the first team.

Crashoutcassius

We have got decent players from the academy but lately our academy seems improved and our willingness to use the academy has gone up.

Seems a short term gap to me... Mejbri and Elanga look a little far away !
Lingard jokes are where comedy goes to die. Do people not get tired from typing "lol Lingard young talent" over and over
they really, really dont