Achraf Hakimi | Accused of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

There isn't a thread on him here, but i think he deserves one. Born in Madrid, plays for the Morocco national team. 21 years old, RB, can play LB as well. Made his debut for Real a few years ago, they loaned him out to Dortmund for 2 years without buy option, this is his second season.

He is turning into a sensational attacking fullback at Dortmund. Scored 2 tonight against Inter and made all the difference. Previously scored 2 against Slavia Prague as well. Absolute machine, insane engine, great link up play, knows where the goal is and he is running up and down that wing. Real have got a gem on their hands. He is still a bit inconsistent given his age and is not a defensive fullback, but the boy can run all day and attack.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's plays further forward than FB no?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Should look into bringing him back in january and sendind Odriozola in Germany. Apparently every right back we send there turns out great :drool:

izec

He's plays further forward than FB no?
Played RB tonight and usually is a FB. He is so high up the pitch and often in attack that you would assume he is a right midfielder/winger. He obviously has a license to attack and bomb forward, which can be troublesome sometimes defensively when he is so high up the pitch.

Lyricist

He actually plays fullback.
Dortmund have scored 5 in 4 CL games so far. He's scored 4 of them, with all of those 4 coming from open play. :lol: All were absolute clutch goals too. Incredible!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Played RB tonight and usually is a FB. He is so high up the pitch and often in attack that you would assume he is a right midfielder/winger. He obviously has a license to attack and bomb forward, which can be troublesome sometimes defensively when he is so high up the pitch.
Damn right!! :eek:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's been playing a lot in midfield lately, in particular against Slavia. He can be suspect in defense at times, but his attacking contribution has been great this season.

Lyricist

So currently, after 1150 minutes of game time in league, cup, and CL, he's on 6 goals and 2 assists as a fullback.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So currently, after 1150 minutes of game time in league, cup, and CL, he's on 6 goals and 2 assists as a fullback.
He has basically been playing as many minutes as a winger as he has at FB.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Getting the right education to play WB for Zidane then :drool:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not fully convinced by him, really needs to improve his defending to be a great RB.

Great going forward but really poor at the back, where to fit him has been difficult this season because he is neither creative enough to be a pure right winger and neither is he good enough to be a right back. As an attacking player, he is very one dimensional (though a great finisher) and hasn't been very effective and he is best playing next to an attacking winger, therefore he has more space to run into. But again, that leaves Dortmund exposed down the right.

A good talent but has big weaknesses that can be exploited.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
yeah lately. Why?
I don't think there is a singular reason for it. Favre first played him there against Slavia Iiirc, I guess in an attempt to counter their intense pressing, by using two very direct players in Brandt upfront and Hakimi in midfield. He did quite well, scored two goals and so he became an option going forward. That's one reason.
Another one is probably that Favre often seems to prefer Piszczek at RB, who is much more consistent defensively, which frees up Hakimi for an attacking role in the first place.
There's also the factor other players, namely Brandt who has been hit and miss thus far and doesn't work that well on the wing general and who has been needed at #8/9/10, because of Reus, Alcacer missing games.
Sancho missed two games as well and Guerreiro has been playing a lot of left back, so it was kind of natural to play Hakimi a lot in midfield lately.
Another factor might be tactical: Favre places a very high importance on closing the center defensively, often at the cost of exposing his fullbacks, which cost his team quite a bit this season, since opponents could just brute force overload the wings and play a dozen crosses until something shakes loose. Having a natural FB as a winger helps a bit in that regard.

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
Never heard of this guy is he as good or better than Trent Alexander Arnold?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Another factor might be tactical: Favre places a very high importance on closing the center defensively, often at the cost of exposing his fullbacks, which cost his team quite a bit this season, since opponents could just brute force overload the wings and play a dozen crosses until something shakes loose. Having a natural FB as a winger helps a bit in that regard.
I've seen Favre doing that quite often: At Gladbach he played Fabian Johnson a lot as a winger, Guerreiro as well at BVB. Now Hakimi. Seems like it's always an option for him to enhance stability.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've seen Favre doing that quite often: At Gladbach he played Fabian Johnson a lot as a winger, Guerreiro as well at BVB. Now Hakimi. Seems like it's always an option for him to enhance stability.
That could be a thing, but on the other hand both Guerreiro and Johnson already played games in midfield before Favre trained them.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That could be a thing, but on the other hand both Guerreiro and Johnson already played games in midfield before Favre trained them.
So did Johnson at 1860, iirc. (And wasn't Piszczek a part-time winger as well under Favre at Hertha?) I think the common theme is that kind of offensive fullback/defensive winger hybrid type of player.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So did Johnson at 1860, iirc. (And wasn't Piszczek a part-time winger as well under Favre at Hertha?) I think the common theme is that kind of offensive fullback/defensive winger hybrid type of player.
I think Pizseck was a RW his whole career before he went to Dortmund and Klopp played him as a RB.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s brilliant. Was saying we should sign him ever since I first saw him for Madrid when they brought their B-team on against us in pre-season 3 years ago and they ran rings round us. He was great that day and I’ve kept a keen interest since.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I think Pizseck was a RW his whole career before he went to Dortmund and Klopp played him as a RB.
Just took a look at transfermarkt, and the lineups suggest he already started to play some games at RB under Favre. But he certainly started out as a winger, like other modern attacking FBs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pretty sure he was a regular at Madrid in 17/18 (can remember at the time not knowing his background and wondering who this random name was playing for them).

Can Dortmund sign him full time or is the plan for him to go back next season and see if he can get back into the 11.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Pretty sure he was a regular at Madrid in 17/18 (can remember at the time not knowing his background and wondering who this random name was playing for them).

Can Dortmund sign him full time or is the plan for him to go back next season and see if he can get back into the 11.
Dortmund don't have an option to buy. A couple of days ago Hakimi was quoted with: "Both clubs have to talk to each other and then they will make a decision at the end of the season. It wouldn't be a defeat if I didn't return to Madrid come summer".

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Never heard of this guy is he as good or better than Trent Alexander Arnold?
Different type of players, IMO — Alexander-Arnold is an efficient assist-maker and ties in closely with the picture of a consummate attacking fullback, whereas Hakimi is more direct as a vertical dribbler when he has space ahead of him and and a better goalscorer than creator (which seems kinda odd and he might not have a positive synergy with selfish goalscoring types ahead of him). Horses for courses so either would be productive if you put them in a good role where their strengths are accentuated, but given the choice, I'd say most would choose Alexander-Arnold over Hakimi (or Atal from Nice...who might have a future as a full time winger) for the rightback position because he seems more balanced/diverse in terms of his skill set and better at doing what you'd typically expect of someone in the position in a Back-4. Though of course, both are still young and can develop many branches of their game to expand their repertoire (like Hakimi becoming a more intelligent creative passer with time), so medium/long term prognostications would be mostly futile.

RoyH1

A fullback that’s world class in attack and terrible in defense. Sounds like the very definition of a Real Madrid fullback.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seems class.

a rare combination of tight agile dribbling with great acceleration, and a good finisher!

M16Red

Different type of players, IMO — Alexander-Arnold is an efficient assist-maker and ties in closely with the picture of a consummate attacking fullback, whereas Hakimi is more direct as a vertical dribbler when he has space ahead of him and and a better goalscorer than creator (which seems kinda odd and he might not have a positive synergy with selfish goalscoring types ahead of him). Horses for courses so either would be productive if you put them in a good role where their strengths are accentuated, but given the choice, I'd say most would choose Alexander-Arnold over Hakimi (or Atal from Nice...who might have a future as a full time winger) for the rightback position because he seems more balanced/diverse in terms of his skill set and better at doing what you'd typically expect of someone in the position in a Back-4. Though of course, both are still young and can develop many branches of their game to expand their repertoire (like Hakimi becoming a more intelligent creative passer with time), so medium/long term prognostications would be mostly futile.
Youcef Atal reminds me of Ronaldo.. might catch the next Nice game..

Okey

Storming season the lad is having. Great for Madrid, seeing as Odriozola has been quite the flop.

El-Manos

Was just about to start a thread on the guy. Started the season brilliantly.

mav_9me

Difficult to find his right position. It would be difficult to cover for him at RB even for example in a team like Liverpool with such a defensive hardworking midfield. He is further up the pitch than Alexander-Arnold, even playing as a RB I feel. But then maybe you use that depending on the situation, at home vs away, chasing vs consolidating.

Red Star One

Surprised there's no more recent thread on him but I guess it's fine to bump this one - looks like there's a battle between Chelsea and PSG for his signature as we speak. I rate him high and would rather not see him strengthening already very solid side of Tuchel.

macheda14

Surprised there's no more recent thread on him but I guess it's fine to bump this one - looks like there's a battle between Chelsea and PSG for his signature as we speak. I rate him high and would rather not see him strengthening already very solid side of Tuchel.
Who does he start ahead of? Reese James or Chilwell?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Perfect wing back, but only works in that kind of formation which not a lot of teams play regularly.

Red Star One

Who does he start ahead of? Reese James or Chilwell?
He plays mainly on the right, like James, but he's more capable forward so wouldn't be surprised to see him playing wingback with James at RCB perhaps? They're already solid on this side but you can never have too many good full backs these days I guess.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Seems like 3 at the back with 2 WB's will be their preferred formation. Not sure he strengthens Chelsea by that much, if you consider the prices being mentioned (Inter want anything from 60m-80m euro last i read) but maybe i just overrate James a little/James could potentially fill in at RCB as well, along with an ageing Azpi.

Status
Not open for further replies.