Achraf Hakimi | Accused of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Inter a weird. Signed him last summer for big money, he has a great season winning the league with them and they immidiately want to cash into that by selling him?
Manager leaving, key players leaving - all after their first title in a decade. Are they that skint?
For Conte to quit right after winning the league? They have got to be. Knowing first hand Conte's transfer market demands, I think he was told there's hardly anything to spend and they need to sell someone to make money for the books, before even considering additions.

Or, along with that, he knew certain players were likely off...

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
This rumour seems a bit suspect to me. I dont buy it. I think they've made a lazy link about a swap deal involving Emerson or Christensen, because Inter want the former now apparently, and have wanted AC in the past.

I'll bet my bottom dollar he goes PSG

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Chelsea moving swiftly again yet we’re struggling to get Trippier or Sancho over the line.
Well they have to compete with PsG. The bid is already on the table. United are just waiting for someone to hijack Sancho deal.

Trequarista10

This rumour seems a bit suspect to me. I dont buy it. I think they've made a lazy link about a swap deal involving Emerson or Christensen, because Inter want the former now apparently, and have wanted AC in the past.

I'll bet my bottom dollar he goes PSG
Yeah, it's a very weird link unless they see James as a long term option at RCB, which is dubious.

mu4c_20le

I read a poster on here post something about the Chinese government encouraging disinvestment in football ventures - local and foreign. Might explain why Chinese clubs, who went on a spending spree a few years ago to attract international stars, basically did a U-turn. Not sure how true it is but I did a quick google and found this: https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp....ull-money-out-of-european-football/a-57171818

Don’t shoot the messenger.
That's only part of it. Their parent company is one of the biggest appliance makers in China and have apparently been hit hard by the pandemic. They completely dissolved their CSL team despite them winning their first ever title only last year.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I know the level is totally different but playing RCB (to accommodate Lamptey at wing back) is where he elevated himself to star prospect in the first place.
Aargh that’s good information.
That's only part of it. Their parent company is one of the biggest appliance makers in China and have apparently been hit hard by the pandemic. They completely dissolved their CSL team despite them winning their first ever title only last year.
Yeah I read something about them winning the league but the league (FA) took away their licence? Anyway, thankfully we’re not owned by a Chinese consortium or we’d be in chaos as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is what great coaching does. C
Apparently he’s at his best as a wingback, which doesn’t suit our system and assuming the €60m-€80m prices rumored are correct, we have much more pressing needs/gaps to fill in the squad which is also going to cost us a fortune. I assume that’s why the Trippier rumors are there - cheaper alternative, experienced and EPL proven.
I totally forgot that Tuchel plays with wingbacks

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
According to the gossip today we have offered them Alonso in pet exchange, with Emerson likely to leave too. So, like I said before, they want him as a LWB. I don’t expect us to buy 2 wing backs this summer.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
According to the gossip today we have offered them Alonso in pet exchange, with Emerson likely to leave too. So, like I said before, they want him as a LWB. I don’t expect us to buy 2 wing backs this summer.
I dont see both Emerson and Alonso leaving. Only one of them is likely to leave.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Done deal to PSG

One target went away it seems. His family not keen on shifting from france to London.So talks were broken at agent level. Not able to convince player hence no official bid from chelsea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Done deal to PSG

What a deal for Inter, sign for 40 million, win Serie A and then sell him for 70 million.

PSG gets brilliant wing back, will be interesting to see how they will fit him especially in the big games in CL.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's a lot to spend on a wing back. Personally I think it would been unnecessary to spend that much on Hakimi given what we already have so I'm glad he's chosen Paris.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What a deal for Inter, sign for 40 million, win Serie A and then sell him for 70 million.

PSG gets brilliant wing back, will be interesting to see how they will fit him especially in the big games in CL.
They lose a big part of what made them so good though. I don't think many Inter fans are celebrating that deal.

roonster09

Scout
They lose a big part of what made them so good though. I don't think many Inter fans are celebrating that deal.
Ofcourse, don't think any fans would celebrate selling key player, no matter the price. I meant it worked well for them, they signed him, sold him for profit and won league with him playing a key role.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ofcourse, don't think any fans would celebrate selling key player, no matter the price. I meant it worked well for them, they signed him, sold him for profit and won league with him playing a key role.
Yeah for sure. If you're forced to sell a player, flipping him for a huge profit will at least soften the blow.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hakimi & Mbappe down the right. :eek:

Fastest in the world, but more importantly, so cunning.

Glad he's not gone to Chelsea.

roonster09

Scout
Hakimi & Mbappe down the right. :eek:

Fastest in the world, but more importantly, so cunning.

Glad he's not gone to Chelsea.
Mbappe posts as 9 for them if I'm not wrong. Di Maria plays as RW.

MDFC Manager

Imagine if it was us who couldn't manage to agree a deal with/for our prime target, while another club comes in and does it. You'd never hear the end of it on here

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

Is he as good in a back four do you think?.

roonster09

Scout
I don't know, but as we know football is a team game. You have to play players to compliment each other. Hakimi isn't good defender, playing good defensive player to cover that should help it isn't it, especially when the wing back is so good at attacking like Hakimi.

Ooh. Things change - Mbappe thru the middle now, huh?
Yeah I think from last season.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ooh. Things change - Mbappe thru the middle now, huh?
Interesting question.

One issue is that Pochettino clearly favors his fellow citizens whatever their performances: Icardi, Paredes and Di Maria. He did start to correct this bias but you can be sure he really likes these players...

Now, Mbappe wants to be the main striker but I personnally think he is better when deployed as a false winger. Think about his performances against Barcelona (on the left replacing Neymar) and City in the 1st leg (Main striker).

The legacy of Tuchel is that PSG still alternates between 2 tactical systems:
  • One against quality opponents with 3 offensive players
  • One against quality opponents with 4 offensive players in order to reduce the number of frustrated offensive players (Mbappe, Neymar, Icardi, Di Maria, Kean). In this case, Mbappe would be the support striker (main one being Icardi or Kean)
Mbappe has not renewed so if he wants to play as the main central striker over the season, then the coach will respond to his request...

I don't know, but as we know football is a team game. You have to play players to compliment each other. Hakimi isn't good defender, playing good defensive player to cover that should help it isn't it, especially when the wing back is so good at attacking like Hakimi.
On a weekly basis in the French league, not necessary to be Cafu or Thuram to deliver quality performances when being part of a team supposed to crush the opposing teams.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he is defensively better than players like Florenzi or Meunier...

roonster09

Scout
On a weekly basis in the French league, not necessary to be Cafu or Thuram to deliver quality performances.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he is defensively better than players like Florenzi or Meunier...
Yeah that's correct. That's why I said it would be interesting to see how they line up in big CL games.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yeah that's correct. That's why I said it would be interesting to see how they line up in big CL games.
I know we don't contradict each other :)

Your comment made me think about the reputation of Dani Alves (exceptional offensively and good defensively).

I have only watched him 3 times so I have no expectations or views about his defensive capabilities.

Last edited:

abundance

Supports
Inter
In term of pure numerical lineups, I can see Pochettino do what Favre did with him at Borussia: baseline will be fullback in a back four, but oftentimes he could play in midfield in a 451, as a winger in a 4231, and I can see PSG switching to a back three occasionally (they got CBs that can play that system very well) and use him as a proper wingback.

With one year of Serie A and Conte under his belt, he's surely improved in shape awareness and defensive movement mindedness.
One on one (chasing players, dispossessing duels, denying dribblers) he was already pretty decent.

In a back four he'll end up in the box much more, guarding the space or man-marking, with more split-second decisions about when to go left. right or diagonal, when to rise up or pedal back, proper body postures, opponents cruising his blind spots etc
That'll be the challenge where he'll need to be a good student.

dinostar77

Good signing for PSG. Also for their owners getting an arab player to PSG. Poster boy for Qatar. Though Mo Salah must be high on their list as the biggest arab name in football.

roonster09

Scout
I know we don't contradict each other :)

Your comment made me think about the reputation of Dani Alves (exceptional offensively and good defensively).

I have only watched him 3 times so has no expectations or views.
Yeah Dani Alves was good defensively, brilliant attacker. Not sure if Hakimi is close to Dani Alves defensively.

Btw Dani Alves, what a player he was.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good signing for PSG. Also for their owners getting an arab player to PSG. Poster boy for Qatar. Though Mo Salah must be high on their list as the biggest arab name in football.
Mo Salah is an Arab?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The interesting stat is that this 22-year-old players already has 36 caps with Morrocco against 47 for Mbappe (same age). A player like Verratti (28y) only 42 caps...
I am not sure if there are real marketing considerations because Arabs from the Middle-East tend to feel superior to those from North-Africa... PSG was acquired in 2011 and it seems that Hakimi is the 1st Arab recruited IIRC
Mo Salah is an Arab?
Yes, Egypt. Please see below the 22 Arab countries members of the Arab League.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The interesting stat is that this 22-year-old players alreaady has 36 caps with Morrocco against 47 for Mbappe (same age). A player like Verratti (28y) only 42 caps...

I am not sure if there are real marketing considerations because Arabs from the Middle-East tend to feel superior to those from North-Africa... PSG was acquired in 2011 and it seems that Hakimi is the 1st Arab recruited IIRC

Yes, Egypt. Please see below the 22 Arab countries members of the Arab League.

Not sure how popular you'd be in Egypt!

marktan

60/70m is a steep price but he is a very good player, loved by Dortmund fans and Inter fans.

I'm curious though, I heard this signing was because Pochettino wants to go to a back 5? How would that work? It's true Hakimi has looked much better as a wingback than in a back 4.

It addresses one of PSGs weaknesses anyhow (fullbacks), but I still think they need some creativity in midfield. Against the likes of City they had Neymar dropping back into midfield trying to dribble the whole team because no one in midfield could get him the ball. Wjnaldum will bring energy but he's not a passer in between the lines. Given how well Pogba links with Mbappe I though they'd be interested in him, guess not.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
60/70m is a steep price but he is a very good player, loved by Dortmund fans and Inter fans.

I'm curious though, I heard this signing was because Pochettino wants to go to a back 5? How would that work? It's true Hakimi has looked much better as a wingback than in a back 4.

It addresses one of PSGs weaknesses anyhow (fullbacks), but I still think they need some creativity in midfield. Against the likes of City they had Neymar dropping back into midfield trying to dribble the whole team because no one in midfield could get him the ball. Wjnaldum will bring energy but he's not a passer in between the lines. Given how well Pogba links with Mbappe I though they'd be interested in him, guess not.
Three at the back will give enough creativity if centerbacks are good on the ball. Mbappe and Neymar play more centrally as no.10s behind lone striker will get more balls to them or two striker formation as these two as strikers with veratti as hard working no. 10.

Bojan Djordjic

Surely Veratti and Paredes offers as much creativity as you'd need?

marktan

Three at the back will give enough creativity if centerbacks are good on the ball. Mbappe and Neymar play more centrally as no.10s behind lone striker will get more balls to them or two striker formation as these two as strikers with veratti as hard working no. 10.
Could work, will be interesting to see how it goes if they do go that way. 5-2-3 is a very player-oriented system though so I'm not sure if it's ideal for the players they have. Remains to be seen I guess.

Surely Veratti and Paredes offers as much creativity as you'd need?
Going by the match against City, both started in both legs and did very little creatively. Neymar had to drop super deep that match. They're good midfield players (Verrati in particular) but not elite playmakers.

flappyjay

Fans are not happy as you know he is being sold to pay off debts which means they are mostly being linked to scrubs like Bellerin and dumfries (who has had a decent euro to be fair) or the alternative of playing Matteo Darmian as their starting right wing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.