Adam Berry | signs for Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still only 15, but looks a very talented player for his age. There's quite a bit of talk about him already among observers of youth football. And I don't believe it'll be long before we see him in the u18s regularly. From the very little I've seen of him, he looks to be utilised as a left sided forward who cuts in-field and displays a good level of vision and passing.

Last edited:

Trequarista10

I've never seen so much footage of a United player from u16s or lower. Where did this footage come from?

Nicklas

A goal from the half way line, at kick off - that’s special! Looks very tidy on the ball, good vision and scored a good goal with his left foot as well.

khoazany

Hate to be that guy but I'm not a fan of hyping youngsters purely based off highlight clips. You haven't even seen 1 full game of him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
A few of those tricks and passes remind me of Ronaldinho (that pass with the outside of his foot at around 50s was so good it made me laugh).

So, I predict he will end up somewhere between Callum Gribbin and Ronaldinho.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hate to be that guy but I'm not a fan of hyping youngsters purely based off highlight clips. You haven't even seen 1 full game of him.
There's plenty of people who have watched him play live and we also have someone who posts in here regularly who is a parent of one of the players and he/she also says he's a very good talent that is highly rated

It's also not hyping a youngster but rather making use of the youth/reserve section of the forum which one mod in particular has said is under used on the site and hence we're encouraged to create threads on youth players rather than cram everything into the miscellaneous reserve/youth news thread.

khoazany

There's plenty of people who have watched him play live and we also have someone who posts in here regularly who is a parent of one of the players and he/she also says he's a very good talent that is highly rated

It's also not hyping a youngster but rather making use of the youth/reserve section of the forum which one mod in particular has said is under used on the site and hence we're encouraged to create threads on youth players rather than cram everything into the miscellaneous reserve/youth news thread.
I don't really want to say this out publicly but how do you know he's not his parent?

I have seen Berry played but my point still stand. Unless you're one of the parents etc who have seen him play at U16s on regular basis the only time you could possibly have seen him (beside his U18s cameo this season) was on the Mumbai Cup last year which he did not make much impact (yeah there are reasons for this) otherwise you would have traced back to U11s/12s.

Just to clarify I like the look of Adam from the little I've seen, and this is not particularly about this thread but the general hype of social media in general. Very baseless and he has only played 1 game at a sub at U18s level. For sure he can turn out to be a world beater but would love if we can be just a little bit more patient tbh.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Reminds me of Callum Gribbin. Hopefully Adam fulfills his potential.

Mickson

I'm always surprised by how few care about youth prospects, especially at a club like United who has a tradition of great youth players making a great impact at the club (Greenwood the latest). I feel a player who is playing U18 football at Man United can take being named one or two times in an Internet forum if we're talking pressure. Otherwise, he shouldn't be at United. I'm very excited about Berry and I hope to see a bit more from him.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Berry seems a good talent...he is predominantly left footed and can take a man on. From having seen bits and pieces of him, he has good balance and likes to take a man on but his long range passing and shooting is really impressive too. Like all young wingers, his decision making and ball retention can let him down but that's normal, particularly if you are trying to make something happen. There are a few U/16's which seem to of interest which is reflected in youth call ups...probably McAllister and Jackson the pother picks. Although I also hear good things about James Nolan.

Just watching and waiting patiently.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Berry seems a good talent...he is predominantly left footed and can take a man on. From having seen bits and pieces of him, he has good balance and likes to take a man on but his long range passing and shooting is really impressive too. Like all young wingers, his decision making and ball retention can let him down but that's normal, particularly if you are trying to make something happen. There are a few U/16's which seem to of interest which is reflected in youth call ups...probably McAllister and Jackson the pother picks. Although I also hear good things about James Nolan.

That’s the key isn’t it. Something we United fans are not very good at

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

There appears to be a few very talented kids coming through these day. Feels like there is at least a couple of very good -05s too that is very, very good/talented. Or is it just the normal hype of youngsters at Man Utd?

Bigsid

I presume from previous posts that this is someone's son on here as you can see from constant positives and posting of clips which can only have come from internal club accounts. It's a dangerous game for me but parents will naturally at this point (where contracts/scholarships are given) push their kids any way they can. I've heard McAllister plays for England in this year group and plays in 18s at times. Jackson/Sharpe have also played internationally and again play up. There's some half decent players amongst them but not convinced there's anyone to get carried away with. Best to sit back and wait and see.....

Beaucoup

I presume from previous posts that this is someone's son on here as you can see from constant positives and posting of clips which can only have come from internal club accounts. It's a dangerous game for me but parents will naturally at this point (where contracts/scholarships are given) push their kids any way they can. I've heard McAllister plays for England in this year group and plays in 18s at times. Jackson/Sharpe have also played internationally and again play up. There's some half decent players amongst them but not convinced there's anyone to get carried away with. Best to sit back and wait and see.....
There are good players in the all the age groups, you hear the same names mentioned all the time. How they develop is anyone's guess and there's always someone that comes through from nowhere. However there definitely no player coming through with the hype that surrounded Shoretire and Greenwood.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just out of curiousity, is there any actual thing about the United academy that you do like?

Demaw

I can't remember having so much talent coming through from Mason who is only 20, Hannibal, Amad, Shola, Elanga, Laird, Hansen, McNeill, Hugill, Gore, Mainoo, Kambala, Vitek just to name a few. We saw Berry, Habeeb and McAllister with big mentions in 16's as well. I don't even know about the Derby boys at this stage but we paid a lot of money for them. Looking at that list, there is definitely 4-5 that could make our top squad and that would be brilliant.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
A name destined for Shrewsbury, Rochdale or Bury (haha)

In all seriousness, looks extremely talented.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@khoazany

I don't see what Adnan did wrong here. Of course there is too much hype in general in football and it's not helpful to young players. But talking about your own youth prospects on a forum devoted to your club is pretty standard. Also, when you are coming through at United, it's par for the course. It's not like Adnan was saying "it's a shame he's got Rashford, Sancho, Pogba and Martial in front of him on the left there". He said it won't be long before we see him regularly in the u18s. If that's too much hype then we can just all go home right now.

I appreciate the thread and encourage more of these from those knowledgable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't know the poster personally but I do reside within 15 miles of Carrington and it's not difficult for me to know some of the parents of the players. Andrew Greenwood (Mason's Father) for example lives not far from me in Huddersfield. And any admin on here can verify that info by checking my IP address.

You also seem to be making a big deal out something innocuous which should be discussed in the youth section of the forum. Many people have seen the kid play and have said he's a talent. I've been mulling over starting this thread for a while now.
What other parents do you know? You've mentioned many times that you know somebody related to Greenwood but not that you're mates with all the parents.

Genuinely interested in understanding how living close to Carrington gets you into those circles. Then you say you live in Huddersfield though?

MUFC OK

We'll probably coach the life out of him so that when he finally reaches first team contention in 5 years he's afraid to make a 15 yard forward pass.

noelyman

Hate to be that guy...but I'm gonna be that guy...don't really wanna mention in public...but I'm gonna mention in public. Imagine moaning about people posting vids of United Youth in a United Youth thread. Personally I think all such videos should be deleted and posted in the 'don't talk about United youth and just wait and see thread'. :lol:

Tallis

Thanks for posting, Adnan. Looks like a lot of work ahead of him but one to watch out for in the coming years.

I am not sure about this don’t talk about youth players until they have won the Ballon D’or theory.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks for posting, Adnan. Looks like a lot of work ahead of him but one to watch out for in the coming years.

I am not sure about this don’t talk about youth players until they have won the Ballon D’or theory.
I think it’s grand. Always happy to get any info on the best up and coming players and certainly looks one to look out for. Cheers Adnan!
Thanks guys, I sometimes think to myself why even bother posting when you can't even discuss a youth player in the relevant section of the forum with out getting accused of hyping the player up.

MileStolar

Gareth Barry's son? If he has half as much talent as his dad, he'll be world class!

Edit:
They put David Beckham's footage at 2:40 for some reason

macheda14

Thanks guys, I sometimes think to myself why even bother posting when you can't even discuss a youth player in the relevant section of the forum with out getting accused of hyping the player up.
I find these threads far more exciting than the ones that pop up during transfer season about players we were linked to in the mirror.

I wonder how many fans would be for us investing more into our youth facilities one summer rather than our transfer fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.