Adam Berry | signs for Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I find these threads far more exciting than the ones that pop up during transfer season about players we were linked to in the mirror.

I wonder how many fans would be for us investing more into our youth facilities one summer rather than our transfer fees.
I'm with you. I'd rather see us invest more in our youth facilities one summer than our transfer fees. But that would require patience which I'm not sure the fan base has. Because from my observation, I don't believe many of our fans care too much about the youth side of the club.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I'm with you. I'd rather see us invest more in our youth facilities one summer than our transfer fees. But that would require patience which I'm not sure the fan base has. Because from my observation, I don't believe many of our fans care too much about the youth side of the club.
I have been going to Old Trafford since 1978 and can confidently say that 80% of match going fans don't know anything about our youth team or young players coming through. Obviously social media and MUTV has raised awareness of certain 'names' but most only care about the first team.

It's always been like that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The youth/loan updates and the bit of general banter is the best thing about posting on here. The never ending civil war between the fans on the first teams lack of success is mostly tedious with some occasional good points made by either side. I can’t be getting into it anymore really. Cheers for the updates lads :)

Mickson

Yep, trust me, people generally don't care about youth teams or youth players. I find it odd, because we have such a rich history with it and it's also our future, but that's how it is.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Was still on trial as of last week, has he signed now? Thought he might get a slightly better move.
According to his tweet that he quickly deleted. Might of course only allude to the trial. Not sure getting a contract at a PL club is that bad to be honest.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He confirmed that he’s leaving the club after 12(!) years, going to Burnley as expected.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Re-reading this thread is quite funny.

Hopefully he has a good career, going to Burnley has very different connotations these days in the A.D era (after Dyche).

Status
Not open for further replies.