Adama Traore \ Signed by Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

Looks to be on his way to Spurs for around £20mill, what do we think, good deal?

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Feck spuds. Only good for roasting, mashing, boiling and frying. That includes Galston.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Yes, I would say. He is limited but with specific abilities. If he is not re-schooled as a wing back he would complement Kane and Son very well. Tottenhamn would be dangerous.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I presume he'll play RWB, will he improve them? Nah doubt it, his end product has gone back to being more miss than hit

Chairman Steve

I can see it now. Conte will probably get the best out of him and he’ll be at the most consistent he’s been in his career so far (since consistency is his inherent issue)

And then when Conte inevitably ragequits, the next manager won’t know what to do with him and they’ll end up selling him.

RedCurry

Good at running and crossing. Shite at scoring goals. RWB is a sensible transition for him.

Chief123

Conte will Victor Mosify him! I think a lot of people will be surprised how productive he comes in spurs set up as a wing back.

TheReligion

Abusive
So spurs have a load of wing backs which Conte can’t get a tune out of but he’ll definitely convert Traore into a world beater in a jiffy and have him playing like Cafu?

Makes sense

El-Manos

Doesn't bother me. Decent player but would not want him at United. He has regressed if anything. Having said that, Conte might improve him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So spurs have a load of wing backs which Conte can’t get a tune out of but he’ll definitely convert Traore into a world beater in a jiffy and have him playing like Cafu?

Makes sense
It’s almost like… the one he wants has the characteristics he needs in a wingback for his system?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder if Conte has plans to use him at wing back not realising that he could probably last about 17 minutes there before he’s gassed.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s almost like… the one he wants has the characteristics he needs in a wingback for his system?
So he wants someone who isn’t a full back to convert into a full back rather than use the collection of full backs he has because Traore will be a better full back than them?

Makes absolute sense.

Skills

Snitch
So he wants someone who isn’t a full back to convert into a full back rather than use the collection of full backs he has because Traore will be a better full back than them?

Makes absolute sense.
A wingback isn't a full back. See Victor Moses.

Jonesno.8

Its probably a bit of a gamble but in a game with 20 mins left, imagine this fecker and Moura running full tilt at you. For Spurs if it works, then fair play, if it doesn't I'd be surprised if they couldn't sell him for the same money in couple of seasons. Bit of a Tony Valencia vibe to him. Makes sense for them, for us we can afford to misstep with anymore players.

PoTMS

So Spurs are interested in Traore, it's £20m. Liverpool are interested in Jota, it's £40m in £5m installments. Man United come in, interested in either Jimenez or Neves and it's £50m+. Honestly, feck off Wolves.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Always reminds me of Forest Gump the way he just takes off. No end product though. Maybe conte can get a tune out of him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can he actually defend ? Because wingbacks tend to need to be able to. Pretty decent fee even if he turns out to be a squad option.

Tarrou

I don't understand how this guy plays RWB in a Conte team and doesn't get gassed after 45 minutes

Nordmore

So Spurs are interested in Traore, it's £20m. Liverpool are interested in Jota, it's £40m in £5m installments. Man United come in, interested in either Jimenez or Neves and it's £50m+. Honestly, feck off Wolves.
Tbf it's not really their fault that we've been run by absolute morons.

CloneMC16

I don't know how this guy is going to play as a RWB. He's definitely not going to be able to do it for 90 minutes. I'm interested to see how they will use him. Didn't Wolves want £50m for him in the summer?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think it sounds very cheap given Dan James cost Leeds 25 million
Yeh. Hard to understand why Wolves is risking their Europa place for a mere 20m (and they still need to get a replacement).

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yeh. Hard to understand why Wolves is risking their Europa place for a mere 20m (and they still need to get a replacement).
I don’t think they have that much money to spend, plus Traore is only used for 15-20 minutes off the bench.

I imagine Lage is quite happy for him to go if it means they can bring someone in for the first team, even if it’s in the summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don’t think they have that much money to spend, plus Traore is only used for 15-20 minutes off the bench.

I imagine Lage is quite happy for him to go if it means they can bring someone in for the first team, even if it’s in the summer.
Understandable. Maybe they have someone from Primeira Liga in mind already.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
20m sounds relatively cheap.
He has only 18 months left on contract.

Looks very good deal for Spurs. If Conte can improve Adama's stamina levels then he will be brilliant wingback. One of the best ball carriers in the world.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Looks very good deal for Spurs. If Conte can improve Adama's stamina levels then he will be brilliant wingback. One of the best ball carriers in the world.
Agreed. He's a limited player but he maximizes his limited skill. If Conte can improve his stamina, he'll be one hell of wingback.

Classical Mechanic

It'll be his physique that cause's his fatique. Most footballers are lean. He's an aberration in that regard. If he slimmed down to a lean physique he'd be rubbish given his such poor quality in the final moment and reliance on strength to hold off other players.. I think he'll be used similar to how he has been at Wolves, he will come off the bench a lot and will rarely complete 90 minutes.

SATA

20M is an okay price but he can’t defend and has no defensive awareness so why are Spurs signing him to play as a wingback? Might as well use Doherty in that position or keep Aurier. Not fuss if they sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.