Adama Traore \ Signed by Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

So much for spurs having this nearly a done deal. Levy and Conte are heading for some explosions soon.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Adama Troare is sort of like the middle man between Bebe and Antonia Valencia.

Last edited:

Nick7

hopefully he joins barca. I'll be glad that the conversation about him will die down a bit here.

slored1

He's the most non-Barca player imaginable. Where will he get the space from?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think Spurs have dodged a bullet if he goes to Barca, he's 26 and never going to have the brain to be a top top footballer

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
So much for spurs having this nearly a done deal. Levy and Conte are heading for some explosions soon.
Levy offered them €20m, Barca agreed to a €35m buy option. Traore gets to go back to the club where it all started, Barca get a good player, Wolves could get a good fee and Conte’s about to give Levy a good kicking. All’s well that ends well.

AussieDevil

The chance Barca trigger the buy option is less than 10%. Wolves were better off taking the 20m that was on the table instead of what will most likely be a 6 month loan.

Chairman Steve

Conte will be tearing his hair out at this.

And then subsequently reordering some more.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The chance Barca trigger the buy option is less than 10%. Wolves were better off taking the 20m that was on the table instead of what will most likely be a 6 month loan.
The club would probably rather take the Spurs option but if the player has had his head turned by Barca and won't go to Spurs then there is little they can do other than have him sit there and not getting anything for him.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Dodgy comment.

He lacks end product, not intelligence.

Conte and Barca are prob a better judge tbf.
I get that but I'm saying to be a top top player at a top club, Conte possibly thinks he can mould him into a wing back but it's such a key position and he has all the attributes but the amount of time you see him ball watching on the wing I just don't see him having the intelligence to play with better players and even do the simple things well, maybe with the right coach he can but lets face it he's played well over 100 professional games in the Chmapionship and the PL and he still has the same basic mistakes that a rookie player makes.

KingCavani

What a disastrous move for him.

Probably for the best if he wasn't willing to engage and learn the position but Conte would have transformed him into a star.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Such an overrated player. He'll be the new Memphis.

James Peril

I think Spurs have dodged a bullet if he goes to Barca, he's 26 and never going to have the brain to be a top top footballer
Tottenham are never going to be a top top club either, so they match pretty well. Obviously Traore was going there as a system player, he’s hardly in the same bracket as Son and Kane. Their nine remaining starting players are mostly… meh.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
From the little I have seen, I’m not convinced he has developed a great deal from the player Barca were not particularly fussed about letting go a few years back. His proclivity towards poor decision-making is still all too apparent, and I feel if he could be converted into a reliable full back, it would have happened by now.

That said, with Fati injured again, and Dembele’s future in doubt, Barca are definitely in need of pace and trickery in wide positions. He also occupies defenders. Though he’s unlikely to be overly productive given his goal and assist return throughout his career.

I suppose a loan is relatively risk free.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is it a mandatory buy option ? If yes,Barca hasn't learned anything from their mistakes.

35m for this guy is a waste of money.

Dodgy comment.

He lacks end product, not intelligence.

Conte and Barca are prob a better judge tbf.
Oh come off it.

He doesn't have a brain because he charges to the byline every time before booting it into the stands for a goal kick, and after 8 years in the Premier League he's still doing the same thing.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Not much you can do when Barcelona come in for a player to be fair. Nobody is going to choose us over them. Hopefully we have somebody else lined up.
Also offering almost double
Since Tottenham deal was for 20m? while Barca offer 35m

Dante

Average bang
If Conte can turn Victor Moses into a Premier League winning wingback, I'm sure he can pull off a similar truck with Traore.

FriedClams

I just cannot understand any team wanting to buy him at all, given that the data on him projects with almost certainty that he will be a failure. In the premier league - A league where pace and power are pretty much a prerequisite for success and he arguably is the best in the league based on these metrics- he has 160 appearances, in which he has scored 8 goals and made 14 assists. Honestly, that’s unacceptable for a player with the advantages he has from a physique standpoint. Extrapolating from the stats points to one thing and one thing only; he’s not a very effective footballer and statistically, you are more likely to win with Marc Albrighton in your team than Adama Traore.

He’s 26 now. He is well past the age where you’d expect to have seen better end product, so clearly the quest for unlocking his full potential is scripted to end in failure.

I just cannot understand any team wanting to buy him at all, given that the data on him projects with almost certainty that he will be a failure. In the premier league - A league where pace and power are pretty much a prerequisite for success and he arguably is the best in the league based on these metrics- he has 160 appearances, in which he has scored 8 goals and made 14 assists. Honestly, that’s unacceptable for a player with the advantages he has from a physique standpoint. Extrapolating from the stats points to one thing and one thing only; he’s not a very effective footballer and statistically, you are more likely to win with Marc Albrighton in your team than Adama Traore.

He’s 26 now. He is well past the age where you’d expect to have seen better end product, so clearly the quest for unlocking his full potential is scripted to end in failure.
I guess Barcelona are hoping his physical superiority puts him so far ahead of his peers in La Liga that it will be like a man playing amongst kids.

That and they're so desperate right now they'll buy anybody with a pair of football boots and a Louis Vuitton backpack.

Idxomer

I guess Barcelona are hoping his physical superiority puts him so far ahead of his peers in La Liga that it will be like a man playing amongst kids.

That and they're so desperate right now they'll buy anybody with a pair of football boots and a Louis Vuitton backpack.
He's Dembele replacement.

Xavi wants another player who could wreak havoc on his own in the final third and Adama might be his best bet currently.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He lacks end product but he is a literal train. Maybe Fullback is suited better for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.