Adama Traore \ Signed by Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafecillos

Well yes it is, just not by goals and assists alone. Those arent the only stats...

Whoscored has always had him performing highly based on stats, because they count the number of times he dribbles past an opponent and he's always been one of the highest in the league. So even when the goals and assists arent there, there are stats that say he's playing well.

Its maybe a bit similar to Valencia for us, the end product was rarely there but you knew he'd take on players on the right and beat them a lot. One difference that is interesting though is that Adama likes to come inside and dribble at players in the middle which can be more dangerous and certainly would be if he did fix his end product of his shooting and final ball.
Yes, I should've said goals and assists, which is what is mostly used to criticise him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
At the same time both Matic and Shaw bounce off him like they weren’t even there. Not sure there is a footballer that can outmuscle him - you probably need three. Not sure who’s faster either. End product on the other hand
Shaw is actually one of the few players (perhaps the only one although obviously I don't watch a great deal of Wolves vs other teams) who I've seen match and even overpower Adama. With those two it probably comes down to which one has the better stance when the contact happens. They are both absolute powerhouses.

Sviken

Tbh, I wish we would have taken shot at him. He's like one of those hidden gem players that Liverpool under Klopp would get (Mane and Salah, for example). We really need to start shooting at these young players that have shown glimpses of greatness, but are not quite there yet instead of splunging 100 million players like Rice or Sancho.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Give him space and he'll cause a lot of damage. Camp Nou is huge, he'll get a lot of joy there and like others have said, La Liga players aren't as quick or strong to deal with him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Tbh, I wish we would have taken shot at him. He's like one of those hidden gem players that Liverpool under Klopp would get (Mane and Salah, for example). We really need to start shooting at these young players that have shown glimpses of greatness, but are not quite there yet instead of splunging 100 million players like Rice or Sancho.
Oily man is 26 and probably a Barca fan. We never stood a chance :(

Rossa

Shaw is actually one of the few players (perhaps the only one although obviously I don't watch a great deal of Wolves vs other teams) who I've seen match and even overpower Adama. With those two it probably comes down to which one has the better stance when the contact happens. They are both absolute powerhouses.
The same Shaw has been beaten badly for pace. I think even Shaw struggles against Traore for strength and certainly lacks the acceleration to keep up.

Sviken

Oily man is 26 and probably a Barca fan. We never stood a chance :(
I mean, Barca got there in the last moment because Spurs couldn't come with an agreement on the deal. I'm not talking specifically on Traore because that's gone, but on players in a similar vein.

Status
Not open for further replies.