Adama Traore

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He has the tools to hurt any fullback in the world, he was just woefully inconsistent.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
It's obvious that Nuno really rates him and you can see the improvement he's made. Great option to have on the bench.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I've always thought there was a player there. Still only 23 and sometimes it just clicks with players when they get some confidence and work on certain aspects of their game.

He has weapons in his arsenal, that's for sure. He's a world class dribbler who is built like a tank and can rinse any fullback in the league.

I think any manager would just keep it simple with him. Give him repetitive drills and work like hell on his crossing. Get him repeatedly beating his marker and flashing dangerous balls in to the box, he's never going to be particularly creative in his passing or a good finisher, but he can potentially nail the 'head down and run' winger.
He is not a World Class dribbler but he is a good one. I have seen many players who were much much better dribblers than him.

I do agree with the rest though, I think he can be a valuable player for teams and the fullback position is one where I thin he can Make a career for himself.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He is not a World Class dribbler but he is a good one. I have seen many players who were much much better dribblers than him.

I do agree with the rest though, I think he can be a valuable player for teams and the fullback position is one where I thin he can Make a career for himself.
I think he's a fantastic dribbler tbh. Maybe world class was OTT but he's very, very good at it. Runs at very high speeds but keeps the ball under very good control, and beats men for fun not just with pace but with great footwork.

Classical Mechanic

He is a top dribbler but at the top level he's shown awful end product from it so far. He's so strong. I think very few defenders could cope with him purely in a one on one situation.

Wolf there last night

Supports
Wolves
He is a top dribbler but at the top level he's shown awful end product from it so far. He's so strong. I think very few defenders could cope with him purely in a one on one situation.
You’re right. So far. Until now.

He still hasn’t grasped much off the ball, but if he can keep finding meaningful cut backs after roasting full backs then he will be an outlet.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Always thought he could have a Victor Moses of a season as a wingback in a 343 formation that Conte played.

Kag

A largely shite player who’s having a couple of eye-catching games. Can’t help but feel he’s playing the wrong sport.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Best way to defend against him is to just let him run past you and then prepare to run back up the pitch for the inevitable throw-in your team will get on the other side of the pitch after one of his crosses.

Wolf there last night

Supports
Wolves
Shock. One of worlds best defenders doesn’t get beaten by him in a foot race due to superior positioning.

That’s what a football brain does for you.

We’ll see. I’m hardly a Traore happy clapper, I wanted rid towards tail end of last season.
But looks like a proper pre season and a full year of beating basics into him, he’s turned a corner.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Shock. One of worlds best defenders doesn’t get beaten by him in a foot race due to superior positioning.

That’s what a football brain does for you.

We’ll see. I’m hardly a Traore happy clapper, I wanted rid towards tail end of last season.
But looks like a proper pre season and a full year of beating basics into him, he’s turned a corner.
Van Dijk is also fast as feck. If Mbappé couldn't beat him in a foot race, it is hardly surprising that traore couldn't either.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Van Dijk is also fast as feck. If Mbappé couldn't beat him in a foot race, it is hardly surprising that traore couldn't either.
What VVD did is defend more smartly than truly out pace Adama (he kept up with him still) as I have no doubt he would beat him if it were a straight line sprint but those situations happen rarely in games.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
If he buckles down there is no reason he could go on and have a trajectory similar to Sadio Mane.

He was once a VERY similar player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he buckles down there is no reason he could go on and have a trajectory similar to Sadio Mane.

He was once a VERY similar player.
He doesn't seem to have the footballing intelligence required to make the dangerous off the ball runs. Perhaps with some top level coaching he could learn it like Sterling managed.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Could he do a Mahrez and explode? Mahrez was 24 when he started that season in 2015. Maybe Traore has that extra level in him too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's looking good as a wingback. Dangerous enough with the ball as a creative force on the wing and solid at the back

Still lacks end product and off the ball skills to play in a more advanced role. On the other hand seems to be taking well to defence.

Less Mane, more Maicon

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He doesn't seem to have the footballing intelligence required to make the dangerous off the ball runs. Perhaps with some top level coaching he could learn it like Sterling managed.
Sterling always made great runs, he just had no composure and couldn't hit a teenager at Prince Andrew's house (allegedly :nervous:). Whilst Rodgers and Guardiola undeniably helped him to come on leaps and bounds, the talent was always in there, just not the maturity.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Another man of the match performance today and a call up for Spain too. His improvement from last season is immense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's turning into a very good wide player in premier league imo.

We couldn't handle him all afternoon.

Yagami

Good post resistant
In my previous posts in this thread in 2017 I stated I was a fan, that I could see a potentially good player in him and that his lack of a brain was overstated, and that I'd take him here. I still stand by all of that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
In my previous posts in this thread in 2017 I stated I was a fan, that I could see a potentially good player in him and that his lack of a brain was overstated, and that I'd take him here. I still stand by all of that.
I wanted him here at the start of the season, an absolute beast of a player.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
If he keeps putting in performances like he did today, then he'll be unstoppable. Goes past players with ease.
he should be unstoppable. He is strong as an ox and the fastest player in the world. He just need to learn to pick his moments and kill opponents with his pace

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems to have withdrawn from the international break due to injury.

Jacob

Traore on one flank, James on the other... We'd be shit but lightening :drool:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Played for Spain u16 u17 u18 he’s eligible for both Spain and Mali but there’s already 2 Adama Traores playing for Mali
Ha, there definitely needs to be three... make it so Adama.

On a side note, how many black players have represented Spain? Marcos Senna is the only one I can think of.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Played for Spain u16 u17 u18 he’s eligible for both Spain and Mali but there’s already 2 Adama Traores playing for Mali
Two's company, three's a crowd I suppose.

Is there a particular reason why he's been used mostly as an impact sub before this season? I always thought he looked like he might gas after 60 minutes or so because of his physique, but I was obviously wrong.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
With the options they have at this position, I highly doubt Spain will call Traoré.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Born in Spain but apparently Mali have called him up too. His 'injury' could be him needing more time to make a decision. The Spain call could just be to cap tie him just in case in light of the interest from Mali.
They did the same with Munir and now he cannot play for Morocco even after fielding in some request. Although I'd think the Spanish NT could have more of a use of Traore, so this time there might be more in it than just simply 'reserve' him...