Adama Traore

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So what do we make of this guy this season? Is he relying too heavily on his physical qualities or is there a serious baller in him capable of playing for a top side. Where will this guy end up..

prath92

He will end up in Spain s division 2 in a few years. Or China. He is like the new Agbonlahor with even less brains

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is lightning quick and can dribble really really well, but thats about it.

His passing, shooting, and decision making all leave a hell of a lot to be desired.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
One of the worst players in the league and one of the best dribblers in the league, zero chance he ends up at a top club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's in the wrong sport, should of played Rugby/NFL or been a sprinter :lol:

Couldn't believe how bad his shot was when he was through on goal against us.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
If it wasn't for the fact he was once at Barcelona, no one would give a shit about him.

See also: Bojan. Who was also incredibly overrated anytime he put in anything approaching an average performance for Stoke due to his past.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Probably should have played rugby. Lightening quick. But poor decision making and passing/shooting.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He runs fast. That's about it.

Acole9

Outstanding
His speed with the ball is phenomenal, I've said before in another thread if he can get some end product he could easily play for a top club.

kidbob

If it wasn't for the fact he was once at Barcelona, no one would give a shit about him.

See also: Bojan. Who was also incredibly overrated anytime he put in anything approaching an average performance for Stoke due to his past.
To be fair to Bojan, while overrated, he has the opposite issue in that he is a very capable footballer but lacks the physical attributes to be a top player. If you could combine both you'd probably have a great player.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Written off at 20 years of age with less than 12 full matches of playing time, no kneejerk assessments here

AR87

Just 20 years old with his primary issue seeming to be end product and decision making in the final third. Maybe not destined for a top club, but he should be able to carve himself out a good career in the top flight. Could be on a Zaha like trajectory.

Adam-Utd

The thing is, his speed and dribbling is SO good that he will still be at the top level for a while, even if his end product is iffy.

I don't get why Boro play him on the right wing, that's asking for his technique to be better. They should leave him on the left, let him burn passed defenders like Bale used to. He can still shoot from that side but actually cross properly with his left foot too.

Inside forwards are great when they work, but far too many cut inside now.

RedRover

The thing is, his speed and dribbling is SO good that he will still be at the top level for a while, even if his end product is iffy.

I don't get why Boro play him on the right wing, that's asking for his technique to be better. They should leave him on the left, let him burn passed defenders like Bale used to. He can still shoot from that side but actually cross properly with his left foot too.

Inside forwards are great when they work, but far too many cut inside now.
As long as people are paying £25 million for players like Bolasie he'll be a player teams in the PL like the look of.

Looks half decent from what I've seen. Pace is always a threat but you need more than that to play for a top side.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Written off at 20 years of age with less than 12 full matches of playing time, no kneejerk assessments here
I know you have an automatic repellent against anything that resembles Barcelona slander in any way, but he's hardly the first ever winger to be blessed with insane physicality but nothing upstairs. Players like him just don't make it. He'll bounce around a lot of clubs in Europe, never fulfilling any real potential.

Adam-Utd

He will probably score a wonder goal every few months but I doubt he will ever be consistent. He's the really frustrating type that is so close to being a fantastic player, but always that something missing.

Roeindo

Him and Valencia on our right side should be tasty...

CM10

He has all the physical qualities you'd want of a winger but as others have correctly pointed out, his decision making and the technical side of his game require serious improvement if he ever wants to make it at a top side. He'll probably continue to have highlight reel moments like when he left Blind in the dust but I can't imagine he'll do much of real substance for Middlesbrough or any other club.

donkeyfish

I'm starting to think this is one of those eternal talents, who spend their career showing great promise but never matures into a really good player. Suddenly he is 27 and people still think he is 19, because he plays like he is.

If he can play one really good season, he'll probably end up a decent club for a few years though. That speed running with the ball is something special.

Cheekiey

He had an off game against us, I have watched him in quite a few games especially the big games, City and Arsenal couldn't contain him at all in those games, he ran the show, doing box to box sprints out sprinting Bellerin in the 88th minute.

I'd honestly have him here rather than Memphis, Januzaj and potentially youngy if he wants more playing time.

SambaBoy

Definitely on the juice judging from that pic.

He's a good player to watch without being that effective, there's time when he runs from his own box past 3-4 players with close control and sheer power but then messes up. If he can develop that side of his game then he will be a terrific player but you can say that about most players in fairness, at his age, the technique isn't likely to improve much.

If it's just a lack of decision making or confidence in the final 3rd then he could turn into a top player if he sorts that. He's easily capable of breezing past any full-back even when closely marked but there's no point if you get to the box and kick it out for a thrown in.

Ibi Dreams

He completely fluffed it against us, that chance where it was 3 on 1 and he just kept running and then shot wide was pitiful. I would expect any player with a brain to make the simple pass there

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His dribbling with pace is very very good but boy is his decision-making awful at the moment. If he improves that he's a good player to have.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He'll do alright. Perhaps a bit like Lennon who's a terrific dribbler and very quick so will always get a game at a decent club somewhere because he can cause panic in defences and leave space for others. And if he's hard-working, he's still time to improve a lot too.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He is brainless, but I can't help like watching him play*

His ability to go past players is good enough that he could end up a top player by just driving into positions with easy passes or finishes.

*probably because he doesn't play for my team.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
He's exceptional on FM if you know how to manage him and bring the best out of his pace/dribbling.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If he was a United player we'd be preaching patience on the grounds of him being a very talented dribbler. There's always the chance he will improve on his end product and given he's barely started his career and is all of 20 years old some of comments on here are well over the top. His pace and dribbling ability alone will ensure he plays for a bigger club than Boro in the not too distant future. At the very least I expect him to reach the level of a Lennon or Navas and he's a better dribbler than both and perhaps quicker as well.

ti vu

It's not just the decision making: choosing between options or the timing. He seems lack football intelligence/ understanding. In their last game, few times his teammates gave him the eye for not being in correct position: He was hanging on right wing outside the box when on the other wing cross came toward his side.

In the game with us, he is frightening in offense vs Blind, but didn't help much in defense and Martial also had a field day. For someone as physical gifted, he is very lacking in pressing, running cover the space. Just a player who loves to have the ball at his feet and dribble.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he was excellent against us bar that poor effort on the 3vs2. Everything he got the ball I kept thinking we had danger, didn't really know who he was tho.