Adama Traore

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I dunno. I've been watching for 15 minutes and I don't think I've seen him do anything.

Red00012

This guy is an absolute U-N-I-T

What an absolute beast of a physique....it always feels really frustrating watching Wolves when he is on the pitch. Because every time he gets the ball hes just so electrifying, you just keep thinking "why the heck dont you just pass him the ball".....he literally looks like he can beat anyone at will. So rapid and so strong....you get the impression that if you just gave him the ball, he would just fly past anyone in his path.

He has to have the close to the most perfect physique and pace you would want from an attacking footballer......imagine having him at a big club and bringing him on with 20 mins to go!
It’s his end product that gets criticised.

Bosws87

Not good enough for us we need to jump to the next level, very disappointed if these were targets we considered.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think he’d be better off on the wing
Me too. Give him some space to get the ball to his feet so he can run at players. Despite his incredible pace, he isn't particularly good at moving off the ball.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s scored 5 premier league goals in the last two seasons. In space he can be absolutely incredible as he was with the pen but I don’t think he has enough in his game to be a starter for a top club, he doesn’t even always start for wolves. I don’t think his off the ball movement is good enough, it’s always toward the ball to feet, I rarely see him make runs in behind which with his pace is a bit weird.

A brilliant option off the bench to change a game though.

Chief123

I dunno. I've been watching for 15 minutes and I don't think I've seen him do anything.
His pace was what won the penalty. The run to win that penalty was insane. Agreed he's been pretty quiet since then, but you can just sense that Wolves are waiting for that one moment where he is 1 v 1.

Redlyn

I can't believe people actually want us to sign him. That will be so underwhelming and will state our intent to be regular Europa League team.

Irrational.

His build? Bale isn't built like that with massive arms and huge chest.
Admittedly Traore is top heavy in comparison to Bale, but Bale at Spurs/ early Madrid was an absolute physical specimen and shared similar athleticism. Probably a more toned down version of Traore I suppose.

Classical Mechanic

Admittedly Traore is top heavy in comparison to Bale, but Bale at Spurs/ early Madrid was an absolute physical specimen and shared similar athleticism. Probably a more toned down version of Traore I suppose.
Bale had far more quality on the ball. A majestic left foot. Traore has some nice touches, skills and crosses at times but he’s very awkward a lot of the time too. Traore is fairly unique in football as players in the past didn’t really max out their physique like he has. Players have always tended to be as lean as possible.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you watch videos of Traore and Bale they are very similar in the way they utilise their strength, pace and dribbling.

Bosws87

If you watch videos of Traore and Bale they are very similar in the way they utilise their strength, pace and dribbling.
They are both fast.

One was a world class superstar which scored for fun at the highest level the other rubs his arms with baby oil and is very strong.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They are both fast.

One was a world class superstar which scored for fun at the highest level the other rubs his arms with baby oil and is very strong.
Bale is/was very strong too. I said nothing about Traore being world class or a superstar either or his scoring ability. Just that if you watch them both you can see their play style in those three attributes is pretty similar.

Irrational.

Bale is/was very strong too. I said nothing about Traore being world class or a superstar either or his scoring ability. Just that if you watch them both you can see their play style in those three attributes is pretty similar.
Spot on.

Look at that run Traore made to win the penalty, reminded me a lot of that run Bale made against Barca where he infamously ran off the pitch to run back onto the ball. Physically, players just can't compete once they get going.

mu4c_20le

Spot on.

Look at that run Traore made to win the penalty, reminded me a lot of that run Bale made against Barca where he infamously ran off the pitch to run back onto the ball. Physically, players just can't compete once they get going.
The trick is to be in front of him, not behind.

Infestissumam

don't rate him at all. Doubt he'd be effective week in week out for a top team that always faces teams that sit back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
don't rate him at all. Doubt he'd be effective week in week out for a top team that always faces teams that sit back.
I think we've had just that little taster of how he'd be received by our fans with the Dan James threads.

Yes he's more of a handful with the brute strength, but still way too kick and rush for what we're trying to be. And don't get me wrong, I was a massive kick and rush merchant when I played!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm also under the impression that Bale is just a vastly more intelligent footballer that ends up in a lot more dangerous positions compared to Traore. His ability on the ball is pretty good I think and that his physique is something else is no secret. Bale himself isn't exactly an elite technician so Traore may actually rival him dribbling wise. The difference is IMO that Bale is not only a better finisher (also with the head) but reads the game far better.

That being said, I found Traore pretty impressive this season when I saw him. Didn't really follow him before that so I can't really judge if he has improved or not but it seems to me he made a huge step and could continue to do so in certain areas - especially his output.

Chief123

The problem with watching videos on youtube is it will show "moments" of brilliance or strength. The video will not show levels of consistency, productiveness and composure. All 3 are needed to be a top player. Bale had all 3. I would say Traore has none of those 3 right now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You back-off him and give him space and he'll cause panic but if you have one or two individuals get tight on him quickly then the rest of his weaknesses become more evident.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Except Bale is actually really good at football...

Traore is pretty good but the Bale comparisons are a joke. Antonio Valencia would be a better comparison. Fast, strong, direct.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Bale and Traore being compared on football ability was a surprise to me i'll admit.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apparently half of you can't fecking read. Neither I or @Irrational. are comparing their ability or saying Traore is as good as Bale.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Traore's a good player but not one I think we should be going for, I want someone with top notch technique for that RW position.

TsuWave

I think I need to start some pilgrimage in the hopes that we never consider this guy. I'll even fast too.

Can't believe United fans think Adam Traore would be a good alternative to Sancho.

Jibbs

Only managers like Pep and Klopp can transform him into Bale or Robben for couple of seasons.