Adama Traore

Scarecrow

Having a week off
There doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz around his name, though admittedly I'm not reading the football forum all that much these days.

He's not particularly prolific at this point, judging by his stats, but every time I stumble across a Wolves game he's basically unstoppable.

It's a small sample size, so I'm turning to the caf to see what the consensus is.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is he still playing as a right wing back? Haven't watched Wolves at all.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz around his name, though admittedly I'm not reading the football forum all that much these days.

He's not particularly prolific at point, judging by his stats, but every time I stumble across a Wolves game he's basically unstoppable.

It's a small sample size, so I'm turning to the caf to see what the consensus is.
He’s unplayable (for others) and basically usually just stops himself.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
He’s player of the season so far much improved playing as a wing back probably the first name on the team sheet
The formation change helps him to play further forward.

Classical Mechanic

He’s always been unstoppable when dribbling but his end product was embarrassing. He’s improved on that count this season and I agree that if he continues to get better a lot of top clubs will want him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He’s always been unstoppable when dribbling but his end product was embarrassing. He’s improved on that count this season and I agree that if he continues to get better a lot of top clubs will want him.
The sheer panic he causes with his runs is just remarkable. The entire left side of Brighton's defense just collapsed 3-4 times today. It creates a lot of space and mismatches for the attack to explore.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
The sheer panic he causes with his runs is just remarkable. The entire left side of Brighton's defense just collapsed 3-4 times today. It creates a lot of space and mismatches for the attack to explore.
Considering we were playing Norwich:)

Pennywise

In incredible form at the moment. Wonder how much wolves would want for him now

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
He should be an elite winger. If you are as quick as he is and as strong you only need to pick your moment in matches. 2-3 moments a match where he kills his fullback and put in a good cut back. He is like Wilder of football,we know Wilder is not even top 20 in terms of boxing skills. But everything in his training revolves landing a powerful right hand

Popcorn

Reminds me of Tony Daley from Villa a number of years ago. Runs away from defenders with electrifying pace, creates a 1 vs 1 on the keeper, and if I remember correctly, messes it up every time. Fun to watch as a neutral.

Josep Dowling

He was always a threat with no end product. This season there has been some end product. He could become a very good player.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Reminds me of Tony Daley from Villa a number of years ago. Runs away from defenders with electrifying pace, creates a 1 vs 1 on the keeper, and if I remember correctly, messes it up every time. Fun to watch as a neutral.
Yes he does.

He could end up a more productive player though

Based Adnan

He is an over rated speed merchant. Every time he has played against us he has done nothing to write home about.
He's alot more than that lets be honest. Once he gets going he's a really good dribbler and strong as an ox. Players just bounces off him and he keeps his balance very well. Finally added some end product to his game this season.

Not surprising he doesn't look as good vs us when we give him so much attention. As soon as he got on the ball at least 2 or 3 players would instantly be on him. Shaw was given clear instructions to stop him by any means possible as soon as he got on it and he had to stay back as a result.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I wish we had him anyway, he has turned into a very threatening and attacking player.

Robbie Boy

Still don't really rate him but he's a-lot better than what we have vying for RW.

Ludens the Red

He is an over rated speed merchant. Every time he has played against us he has done nothing to write home about.
As opposed to the United attackers who have thrilled in their performances against wolves in the last two seasons?

they’ve all been close games we’ve had with wolves with attackers showing very little because both sides prefer to counter attack. in the two league games this season he looked the most likely out of anyone out of the two teams.

Bobski

There is a lot to improve on in his game. Decision making of course but movement almost as much. He should be getting many more chances with his running power at the back post but he tends to watch the play and wait outside. Get 4/5 goals a season making that type of run and he suddenly becomes a more viable option at a top team.

Maguire trying to rip his arm out seemed to put him off a little.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is 5 years older, Traoré is in a purple patch right now.
1 year older.

It is funny that the two have near identical stats, though.

4 goals and 7 assists in 23 games for Adama.
3 goals and 6 assists in 24 games for James.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's comfortably better, let's be honest.
Yeah agree with this. Adama is comfortably better now, teams are scared and have 2 defenders on him all the time. There isn't a defender who can deal with him 1v1. He is built like a tank and probably fastest player over short distance.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Yeah agree with this. Adama is comfortably better now, teams are scared and have 2 defenders on him all the time. There isn't a defender who can deal with him 1v1. He is built like a tank and probably fastest player over short distance.
Imagine James with a bod like Adama.

Varun

Staff
He is 5 years older, Traoré is in a purple patch right now.
He's not 5yrs older and it's not as if James has some prolific history behind him. Purple patch or not, there's no reasonable claim that can be made for James being better.

I could have sworn there was another thread about him?

Anyway, his technique is barely Championship level if we're honest. He's almost totally reliant on his ridiculous pace and strength. It's working to great effect right now but it never takes long for PL defenders to figure out one dimensional players like that. By this time next year they will know to give him a few yards, close him before he gets the ball under control, or whatever else works best, and he'll be quickly into obscurity. Wolves should cash in this summer whilst his profile is sky high.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I could have sworn there was another thread about him?

Anyway, his technique is barely Championship level if we're honest. He's almost totally reliant on his ridiculous pace and strength. It's working to great effect right now but it never takes long for PL defenders to figure out one dimensional players like that. By this time next year they will know to give him a few yards, close him before he gets the ball under control, or whatever else works best, and he'll be quickly into obscurity. Wolves should cash in this summer whilst his profile is sky high.
Bolded portions also aptly describe James. Poor fellow doesn't even have the strength to survive a shoulder barge. Also has been found out already so need to wait for next season. Should we cash in?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He’s regularly double/triple marked nowadays. This creates space for other players. It’s misleading to go on stats alone