Adama Traore

TheReligion

Abusive
Bolded portions also aptly describe James. Poor fellow doesn't even have the strength to survive a shoulder barge. Also has been found out already so need to wait for next season. Should we cash in?
Adama didn't really survive a shoulder barge from Luke Shaw. He was subbed off!

At least DJ gets back up and gets on with it :smirk:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Adama didn't really survive a shoulder barge from Luke Shaw. He was subbed off!

At least DJ gets back up and gets on with it :smirk:
Yesterday in the game i was watching Adama had a dislocated shoulder due to an arm pull by Maguire. He felt it immediately and medical staff came on. He continued and was subbed much later probably around the 75th minute.

James is a tough fellow for his physique but does absolutely nothing nowadays. No fault of his because he was a limited player to begin with and once the novelty wore off...

Bolded portions also aptly describe James. Poor fellow doesn't even have the strength to survive a shoulder barge. Also has been found out already so need to wait for next season. Should we cash in?
James has better technique and therefore a better chance than Traore, although whether he will develop it sufficiently to make a long term impact in the league is questionable. I can't think of a single player who has ever lasted more than a couple of seasons in the PL on pace alone.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
As opposed to the United attackers who have thrilled in their performances against wolves in the last two seasons?

they’ve all been close games we’ve had with wolves with attackers showing very little because both sides prefer to counter attack. in the two league games this season he looked the most likely out of anyone out of the two teams.
Jiminez, Jota and Neves all look a lot more dangerous against us than Traore. He is all speed and power, technically average and an average finisher.

Cambion

Built like Stewie Griffin when Peter puts him on steroids and has about the same level of ability.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Traore is silly fast, and obviously a beast, but he's been taken off in both recent games against us, and not just cos of his shoulder; he was very hot and cold (and I was at the first game so kept a keen eye on him). Personally I don't think he'd work for us. Give me Raul Jiminez any day of the week. Now he IS a United type of player (imho)

Kappa123

This guy is an epic player. Former Barca youth player and it shows; he's class.

Can't believe some of the comments and comparisons here! Daniel James :lol:

The Irish Connection

Traore at the right price, 50-60m max, would be great for us, and he would finally solve our issue on the right wing. It’s highly unlikely we can get Sancho, and for me traore is the next best thing. In the game the other night, despite being doubled up on, he beat his man on the outside and whipped in 2 or 3 dangerous crosses. He’s also lethal on the break because he can muscle out of tight pressure while dragging half a defence towards him. That ball he played with the outside of his foot passed maguire on the break was good too. He would improve us a lot.

I agree he could still work on things, like running into the box for tap ins at the back post etc.

Stadjer

James has better technique and therefore a better chance than Traore, although whether he will develop it sufficiently to make a long term impact in the league is questionable. I can't think of a single player who has ever lasted more than a couple of seasons in the PL on pace alone.
Does James really have a better technique? Isnt that a little bit too much of a Manchester United tinted view? I have not seen much of James where i thought "yeah he has a good technique". All positive things i have seen from James mostly came from his pace, accelaration and work rate. Adama also came from the Barcelona academy and they will try to teach you atleast a good basic technique.

Maybe Adama will never be good enough to be a starter for a topclub but if you can bring him on after 60 or so minutes. Totally fresh against a tired and maybe booked back... every player is going to struggle against Adama in that case. His combination of speed and strenght is pretty unique i think. Spurs Bale might be the best comparision speed and power wise.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In what way does James have better technique than Traore? :confused:

You are massively underrating Traore here. His technique when the ball is at his feet is actually extremely good. Far better than not just James but the vast majority of players in the league. The problem has always been the instant the ball leaves his foot as he tends to make the wrong decisions and picks the wrong pass, cross or shot. That and relatively poor off-the-ball movement which means he doesn't make the most of his ridiculous gifts. Obviously he's still got a long way to go in that regard but he's now improved enough that he's becoming a very dangerous player. If he improves further he can become a seriously scary player at the top level. The million dollar question is whether he will improve further or not, as with him it's hard to say.

Robbie Boy

:confused:

In what way does James have better technique than Traore? :confused:

You are massively underrating Traore here. His technique when the ball is at his feet is actually extremely good. Far better than not just James but the vast majority of players in the league. The problem has always been the instant the ball leaves his foot as he tends to make the wrong decisions and picks the wrong pass, cross or shot. That and relatively poor off-the-ball movement which means he doesn't make the most of his ridiculous gifts. Obviously he's still got a long way to go in that regard but he's now improved enough that he's becoming a very dangerous player. If he improves further he can become a seriously scary player at the top level. The million dollar question is whether he will improve further or not, as with him it's hard to say.
Traore's close control is pretty poor. He is too big to move the ball around with any agility, he will usually lose it if he can't get it out of his feet to run on to. Or he just uses his frame to shield it and passes it backwards.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
James does not have better technique than Traore

Teja

I don't understand the underrating of this guy here. He demands Ronaldo / Messi levels of attention from any team he plays against. Look at how many players we had surrounding him at every sign of a break! He'd easily walk into our team. Think of what Valencia was able to do at his peak and bump it up by another 10-15%.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Remember, Mahrez wasn't exactly special in 2014/15, he exploded in 2015/16 at roughly the same age as Traore is now.

I think Traore will prove he's got more in his locker.

mancan92

Who said Shaw kept him quite the other night? He dribbled past him 3/4 times and put crosses in just didnt pick out anyone. He was still very dangerous. From a standing start on the edge of his own box and 4 players on him he beat them all and played jimenez through for their best chance of the match that De gea saved well. He wasnt exactly quiet.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Traore is a phenomenal ball carrier. At a level that’s both rare, and expensive to purchase.

His decision making is terrible at times though.

People focus on end product too much. If he could simply pick up the ball, break through lines and play a simple pass, he’d be worth a fortune. He doesn’t need boat loads of assists or goals to be worth a packet.

dev1l

This guy is an epic player. Former Barca youth player and it shows; he's class.

Can't believe some of the comments and comparisons here! Daniel James :lol:
James is in.his first season the Epl and he s still very young and raw. in a season or two he ll be much better.

Traore is a phenomenal ball carrier. At a level that’s both rare, and expensive to purchase.

His decision making is terrible at times though.

People focus on end product too much. If he could simply pick up the ball, break through lines and play a simple pass, he’d be worth a fortune. He doesn’t need boat loads of assists or goals to be worth a packet.
He is, but only in the right circumstances. He needs to be facing goal with a bit of space in front to get the ball out of his feet and get running. That's fairly limiting and not too hard for defenders to figure out how to set up to prevent it.

It's also not much use breaking through the lines if you then have to stop and look around for a sideways pass whilst everyone catches up to you.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I don't understand the underrating of this guy here. He demands Ronaldo / Messi levels of attention from any team he plays against. Look at how many players we had surrounding him at every sign of a break! He'd easily walk into our team. Think of what Valencia was able to do at his peak and bump it up by another 10-15%.
Peak Valencia was head and shoulders above where Traore is right now. He may exceed that level but saying he is better is ridiculous.

UnrelatedPsuedo

He is, but only in the right circumstances. He needs to be facing goal with a bit of space in front to get the ball out of his feet and get running. That's fairly limiting and not too hard for defenders to figure out how to set up to prevent it.

It's also not much use breaking through the lines if you then have to stop and look around for a sideways pass whilst everyone catches up to you.
All of it is useful if he’s coached well and is surrounded by better players was my point.

His raw talents are rare. The things he needs to be taught, are teachable.

I can’t say he’s going to be world class, but he’s got assets that could see him turn in top class performances for a top side.

RedNed77

Traore at the right price, 50-60m max, would be great for us, and he would finally solve our issue on the right wing. It’s highly unlikely we can get Sancho, and for me traore is the next best thing. In the game the other night, despite being doubled up on, he beat his man on the outside and whipped in 2 or 3 dangerous crosses. He’s also lethal on the break because he can muscle out of tight pressure while dragging half a defence towards him. That ball he played with the outside of his foot passed maguire on the break was good too. He would improve us a lot.

I agree he could still work on things, like running into the box for tap ins at the back post etc.
Potentially £60m for Adama Traoré? At best I’d pay Daniel James money for him, and probably not even that. He’s very hot and cold.

mancan92

Isn't that where playing with top players comes into play. If he was playing for City he would have all the time in the world. He would probably get the ball on the run in miles of space 5-10 times a game. Thats easily enough to cause serious damage.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Isn't that where playing with top players comes into play. If he was playing for City he would have all the time in the world. He would probably get the ball on the run in miles of space 5-10 times a game. Thats easily enough to cause serious damage.
Most teams would play to his strengths not get him to adapt to their system.

Stringer

Potentially £60m for Adama Traoré? At best I’d pay Daniel James money for him, and probably not even that. He’s very hot and cold.
You wouldn't pay £15m for him? :houllier:

Even as an impact player off the bench he would be easily worth that.

The Irish Connection

Traore is miles better than dan James in my opinion. He regularly beats fullbacks on the outside and puts dangerous crosses in, James doesn’t. In today’s market for a league proven right winger, I think 50-60m is about right. Obviously the less we pay the better but if he could be got for 50m with some add ons based on stats I would be happy for us to get him. Pepe for Arsenal cost 70m wasn’t it?

Adamsk7

Still can’t work out if he’s Dan James after a Bane like experiment or an actual footballer.
If the former, can we give our Dan James some venom juice?

The Original

I could have sworn there was another thread about him?

Anyway, his technique is barely Championship level if we're honest. He's almost totally reliant on his ridiculous pace and strength. It's working to great effect right now but it never takes long for PL defenders to figure out one dimensional players like that. By this time next year they will know to give him a few yards, close him before he gets the ball under control, or whatever else works best, and he'll be quickly into obscurity. Wolves should cash in this summer whilst his profile is sky high.
He's been playing in the premier league for at least three seasons now. As for as dribbling goes he's no flash in the pan.

All of it is useful if he’s coached well and is surrounded by better players was my point.

His raw talents are rare. The things he needs to be taught, are teachable.

I can’t say he’s going to be world class, but he’s got assets that could see him turn in top class performances for a top side.
You cant teach touch and technique any more than you can teach somebody to run faster.

He's been playing in the premier league for at least three seasons now. As for as dribbling goes he's no flash in the pan.
This is the first season hes been anything other than a sub brought on late to tire out opponents.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
there is higher chance for him to join Man City or Liverpool than Man Utd, regardless of how much money you are willing to pay.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Anyone suggesting he’s just a strong pace merchant hasn’t watched him. Or they’re making lazy generalisations.

Traore is technically sound. He looks like a Mane-lite during the period Mane was still at (a more attacking) Southampton. No, I don’t think he’ll kick on to that extent, but it’s very clear that there’s a player that can step up a level.

With all that said.... Our club is not that step. He’d look the same here as he does at Wolves.

He wouldn’t be additive to Liverpool or City as they have better players... but he’d tear teams apart playing for them, or one of the top German sides, running against high defensive lines.

UnrelatedPsuedo

You cant teach touch and technique any more than you can teach somebody to run faster.
He has a good touch and good technique. He was schooled well, early.

He lacks a great final ball. His not technically deficient. No idea why people trot that out.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
And there's more chance of him joining United than Arsenal. What's your point?
Klopp and Pep rated him obviously, but not here. There is chance for him to kick on being the next Mane/Salah. Let's see who is going to make the gamble.

caid

Don't rate him really. First couple of games against Wolves this season he was giving me a heart attack every 5 mins, wasn't in the slightest bit worried at any point a few days back. He's very good at getting into dangerous positions but terrible at taking advantage of them. Reminds me of Sissoko when he was playing on the wing - he could look great in brief glimpses, he wasn't though.