Adama Traore

He'sRaldo

Look at his assist against West Ham, what more could you want from a winger?

If he could improve on his shooting and cutting inside he could become unstoppable.
We need more of a 3rd striker/ inside forward than an honest touchline winger. It's not a problem of quality, but a stylistic one.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we can't get Sancho I think we have to at least enquire about Traore, he's such an enjoyable player to watch. Although knowing Wolves they'd probably ask for just as much money as Dortmund would for Sancho.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
If Traore was to be compared to anyone, it'd be Saint-Maximin, in my opinion. Another player who seems to just go past players with pure ease. In terms of statistics, the two lead the way in the Premier League for average dribbles per game. Saint-Maximin with 4.9 and Traore with 5.1. Only Messi and Neymar better that in all of Europe, with 5.7 and 6, respectively.

Regards Saint-Maximin, he seems to be at the stage Traore was at last season, in terms of his decision making. If like Traore, he can improve that, then I can imagine he'll be someone that bigger clubs be looking at too.

https://www.whoscored.com/Statistics
Absolutely bang-on. Saint-Maximin reminds me so much of the more raw version of Traore we saw last season.

As a Wolves fan, I watch Saint-Maximin and can't help but think of the wonderful things Nuno could do with him! :lol:

Andersons Dietician

If he could improve on his shooting and cutting inside he could become unstoppable.
Like @He'sRaldo has said we don’t need a winger, we need someone who’ll play between the CB and RB and will pick out passes.

Martial and Rashford might be decent in the air but they aren’t Jimminez and they aren’t going to beat CB’s in the air frequently enough to deal with those lofted crosses Traore puts in. We need someone with more guile.

For me I just think Traore would be a backwards step for us who doesn’t fit the players or system we seem to be building. It’s not because I think he’s rubbish just purely don’t think he is the style we need. He’s basically a slightly better version of top form Valencia with better dribbiling and as weird as it seems not as good crossing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Like @He'sRaldo has said we don’t need a winger, we need someone who’ll play between the CB and RB and will pick out passes.

Martial and Rashford might be decent in the air but they aren’t Jimminez and they aren’t going to beat CB’s in the air frequently enough to deal with those lofted crosses Traore puts in. We need someone with more guile.

For me I just think Traore would be a backwards step for us who doesn’t fit the players or system we seem to be building. It’s not because I think he’s rubbish just purely don’t think he is the style we need. He’s basically a slightly better version of top form Valencia with better dribbiling and as weird as it seems not as good crossing.
Fair enough.

I'd still sell Lingard/Pereira/Mata and have him on the bench ready to turn a game any day though!

Can't be many better impact subs than him around.

mancan92

Very similar to Martials run yesterday in the first half where he binned like 3 people and pulled away from them.

I think he’s very good and equally overhyped in my opinion. He’s not just a hit and run artist but equally he’s not half the footballer he is made out to be.
I think he’d be the wrong signing for us and how we play, I’d actually be really disappointed if we went for him. If there is no Sancho then Chiesa would be a better fit for me.
Honestly I'd be extremely excited for how he would do with the kind of passes Bruno and pogba would feed him. Also the kind of space that would be afforded to martial and rashford simply because teams literally need to triple team him to stop him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I would love Traore as a squad player (with the hope that he'd kick on and cement himself as a starter), but I think there's just too much risk for the price that Wolves would want. He's a risky signing that could go either way.

Would you say the same about Adama just a season ago, when he had 1 goal and 1 assist in the League?
Traore always had the potential to be a terrifying player. He just looked incredibly unlikely to ever reach that potential because of his decision making.

Even now I doubt he'll reach the level that he potentially could. It's looking more likely than it did 12 months ago, but I think his most likely level is to go on to be an incredible squad player for a top team rather than a definite starter. But there's always that thought in the back of my mind - 'What if he actually does it? What if the crazy bastard actually reaches the level he could?'.

James simply doesn't have the same ability and skill level that Traore does and he never will. His top level is almost certainly no more than a squad player for a top team. He may go on to be a better player than Traore, but that will be because of Traore failing more than James reaching an extremely high level.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I would love Traore as a squad player (with the hope that he'd kick on and cement himself as a starter), but I think there's just too much risk for the price that Wolves would want. He's a risky signing that could go either way.

Traore always had the potential to be a terrifying player. He just looked incredibly unlikely to ever reach that potential because of his decision making.

Even now I doubt he'll reach the level that he potentially could. It's looking more likely than it did 12 months ago, but I think his most likely level is to go on to be an incredible squad player for a top team rather than a definite starter. But there's always that thought in the back of my mind - 'What if he actually does it? What if the crazy bastard actually reaches the level he could?'.

James simply doesn't have the same ability and skill level that Traore does and he never will. His top level is almost certainly no more than a squad player for a top team. He may go on to be a better player than Traore, but that will be because of Traore failing more than James reaching an extremely high level.
Yeh. I'm not against signing him, as we can't say "enough" to signing more attacking player. I just don't think he's a massive upgrade to James. I prefer us on signing the type of Rashford or Sancho for that RW.

mancan92

Yeh. I'm not against signing him, as we can't say "enough" to signing more attacking player. I just don't think he's a massive upgrade to James. I prefer us on signing the type of Rashford or Sancho for that RW.
I would say having the heighest dribbling rate in the league as a major upgrade to james. Imagine adding a player to the right wing that needs to be double or triple marked just to be stopped. Imagine the space afforded to our other players.

Andersons Dietician

Fair enough.

I'd still sell Lingard/Pereira/Mata and have him on the bench ready to turn a game any day though!

Can't be many better impact subs than him around.
I’m sure most would, but given how much it would probably cost for him doesnt really make sense for just a bench option. Although he’s been decent at WB when he has played there.

If we were gonna waste 60-80mil on a person to sit on the bench I’d rather take Grealish of Havertz if I’m honest.

Luke1995

I wonder if Barcelona could try to sign him. They did bring Fabregas and Pique back after they were in the PL.

Probably wouldn't make much sense with Messi still there and the high hopes they have on Ansu Fati. But i'm not sure how long Ousmane Dembele will remain there.

mancan92

I’m sure most would, but given how much it would probably cost for him doesnt really make sense for just a bench option. Although he’s been decent at WB when he has played there.

If we were gonna waste 60-80mil on a person to sit on the bench I’d rather take Grealish of Havertz if I’m honest.
He'd be a far better bench option than those two. He has more game changing attributes.

Andersons Dietician

He'd be a far better bench option than those two. He has more game changing attributes.
what Does more game changing attributes mean? He’s fast and powerful? Grealish and Havertz are far better footballers so I’d rather have people like that than Traore.

mancan92

what Does more game changing attributes mean? He’s fast and powerful? Grealish and Havertz are far better footballers so I’d rather have people like that than Traore.
We have enough good footballers in our team especially if we add sancho. What he offers is literally to create complete chaos in a way that tidy technical players like those two cannot. I feel off the bench you want explosiveness not like for like.

Andersons Dietician

We have enough good footballers in our team especially if we add sancho. What he offers is literally to create complete chaos in a way that tidy technical players like those two cannot. I feel off the bench you want explosiveness not like for like.
Still think I’d rather have the 6ft 3 Havertz with his goal scoring prowess and ability to create than someone who is just gonna float balls in that our forwards aren’t the best to take advantage of.

Would just seem like a waste of 60-80 mil for someone who to me wouldnt fit with what we are trying to do. It’s not like we don’t have explosive players already anyway.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess but like I said earlier I’d be really disappointed if we ended up getting him. I’d even rather wait another year than make a rash signing on him until we find a proper RW.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
If I were Traore I would be starting to get frustrated at lack of gametime. Being used as an impact sub is all well and good, but he is a fairly young player and in great form - for me he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think traore offers such pace and directness that coming off the bench especially against tired teams towards the end of the game...
I agree both grealish and havetz are better players but if I was a tired full back I'd fancy kicking havertz up and down the touchline for 10 mins than I would facing traore

jamesjimmybyrondean

If I were Traore I would be starting to get frustrated at lack of gametime. Being used as an impact sub is all well and good, but he is a fairly young player and in great form - for me he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
It's a very good tactic

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
This guy is growing on me. Interesting to know why he seems to be a bench option for Wolves rather than started.
I'd reckon it's something to do with his stamina maybe, especially after lockdown? And prefer to have his pace when everyone else is tiring.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I still think it’s hilarious some people think he’s a kick and run player and the same as Daniel James.

It’s not hard to have an informed opinion but I think some people just like to chat rubbish so it looks like they have something to say.

I was always taught contribute when you can not when you feel like it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Would he definitely come to us? He seems to have a pretty special bond with Santos and might be reluctant to leave just yet.
Reluctant to leave Wolves for United. Is this a question?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Having thought about this a bit I reckon he’d need to change his natural game a lot to fit in with AWB. They both attack the same space and in a similar way. What we need is someone who can go inside and outside and link up with quick interplay . Sancho really is the safest bet, Chiesa next with Adama a very expensive 3rd option.

mancan92

Having thought about this a bit I reckon he’d need to change his natural game a lot to fit in with AWB. They both attack the same space and in a similar way. What we need is someone who can go inside and outside and link up with quick interplay . Sancho really is the safest bet, Chiesa next with Adama a very expensive 3rd option.
His point is more that awb would be able to focus solely on defending and we wouldn't need to think about him attacking. Whilst traore who is known for just attacking would be to focus on that.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
I remember us being linked to him after Conte's first season when we were playing with wing backs. A bit disappointed at the time that we didn't manage to land him for relatively cheap as Boro were going down. Might not be the most refined player when it comes to passing, but if you're chasing a game he's incredible to bring on as you're pretty much guaranteed to get balls into the box. After being a bit inconsistent on the crossing part he's starting to put all the pieces together and I would be quite happy if Chelsea ever signed him (although the attack wide positions are quite well-covered at the moment).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His point is more that awb would be able to focus solely on defending and we wouldn't need to think about him attacking. Whilst traore who is known for just attacking would be to focus on that.
I think we need to create the overload on at least one side of the pitch and it’s not looking like that’ll be Shaws side as he keeps coming inside. AWB is the one being encouraged to get forward and create more out of the 2 so unless we sell Shaw I doubt we will go for Traore and just sit AWB back.

Giggsy13

There’s not enough end product with Traore to justify the fee that Wolves will probably be asking. The end product isn’t there to pay a £70 to £80 million fee.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

There’s not enough end product with Traore to justify the fee that Wolves will probably be asking. The end product isn’t there to pay a £70 to £80 million fee.
He has the third most assist in the league. That was a wild comment. Better you just said you don’t watch him play :lol:

Giggsy13

He has the third most assist in the league. That was a wild comment. Better you just said you don’t watch him play :lol:
I’ve seen him play and he’s not an £80 million player. How many goals does he have? Not many for a player who will have a huge price tag.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

It doesnt work that way, you need both attacking and defending so they dont get 2 on 1 each time. Its called modern football.

SAFMUTD

Agree, I can see him perfoming for wolves but cant imagine him starting for a top side. I think this season has been a one season wonder for him, Im not sure if he'll be able to replicate it next season.

paulscholes18

I think he’s better when he’s used as an impact player looks more dangerous rather than a starter, similar to how Juve use Douglas Costa. Costa always makes things happen off the bench but looks half the player when he starts

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think he’s better when he’s used as an impact player looks more dangerous rather than a starter, similar to how Juve use Douglas Costa. Costa always makes things happen off the bench but looks half the player when he starts
His pace and upper body strenght is lethal if he came on around the 65th. When everybody's fit he's not that good with his decision making

mu4c_20le

Typical Adama performance today. Used his dribbling and physicality to beat people with ease, especially Arsenal's scrawny kids, but shite end product.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could imagine he'd be super frustrating if we signed him.
We already have James to be/become that.

Chief123

This guy is an absolute U-N-I-T

What an absolute beast of a physique....it always feels really frustrating watching Wolves when he is on the pitch. Because every time he gets the ball hes just so electrifying, you just keep thinking "why the heck dont you just pass him the ball".....he literally looks like he can beat anyone at will. So rapid and so strong....you get the impression that if you just gave him the ball, he would just fly past anyone in his path.

He has to have the close to the most perfect physique and pace you would want from an attacking footballer......imagine having him at a big club and bringing him on with 20 mins to go!