Admins who operate indiscrimately and inconsistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranchero

Some Redcafe admins have become a bit of a joke.

While some like me will get tackled for so-called repeat threads others, many, do not.

There are any number of Woodward threads, post Liverpool match commentaries, Ole sacked or not muses. Yet nothing happens. Nor should they.

If you take action indiscriminately you turn this place into a farce. Which it surely is.

Cue the normal vitriol which I will lovingly ignore. Even though, again, I'm right. ;)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I would like to lodge a complaint about the moderating of a post of mine headlined Brandon Williams Appreciation Society.

The theme in one line was how his attitude contrasts to that of Pogba. And if he showed any of the desire and commitment that Williams showed, then we might go somewhere. And whoever the moderator was took exception.

An unidentified moderator edited the post to say: "What an example this boy is to the rest of our team and especially me who can't praise one of our players without shitting on another.".

The last sentence was edited to say: "We don't need shit posters on the Caf, we need a group that play for each other and that is what we got tonight against Chelsea."

Now I don't know whether the moderator was drunk or not, but that is no way to moderate anything let alone a discussion forum.

I fully appreciate that people will disagree, that is the nature of forums, but to edit someone post, in this way is clearly wrong.

It is one thing to disagree with criticism of Pogba's attitude, which was (from memory) only in one sentence, quite another to corrupt the whole message so it says something that I did not say.

Not only that it was changed to give the feel that the rest of the team did not show the same commitment and drive as Williams did. That is not the case and is actually a bigger diss on players than I had ever written in the first place.

I appreciate that me posting this complaint will probably just lead to me being banned, that's fine, I know I have done nothing wrong, but whoever moderated this should not be responsible for moderating on Redcafe.

Thanks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hi @Niall do u want picking up in the morning pal

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's pretty clear we need a king of the admins/mods. Someone to rise above all others. Someone to swing the ban hammer of doom without regret and hesitation.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's pretty clear we need a king of the admins/mods. Someone to rise above all others. Someone to swing the ban hammer of doom without regret and hesitation.
Isn't that Damo? Before he went all SkyNet, I mean.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You don’t think a woman can be a mod leader? Wait till I bring up this rampant sexism two years later out of the blue.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Isn't that Damo? Before he went all SkyNet, I mean.
I wonder if he got cast in the Matrix 4- agent Smith just backed out... Hmmm
You don’t think a woman can be a mod leader? Wait till I bring up this rampant sexism two years later out of the blue.
Why? Are you saying a woman can't be king? That's sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.