Adnan Januzaj (18-19 and beyond)

Deleted member 101472

Right, I’m saying it.

Bring him back.

If Barca can resign the likes of Deulofeu and Denis Suarez, I see no reason why we can’t do the same with Januzaj. He’ll be cheap(ish) and he’s an actual RW.
not sure you've picked the best examples there. Both were hugely unsuccessful when they returned.

Negan

not sure you've picked the best examples there. Both were hugely unsuccessful when they returned.
Correct. But they were given another go. If Barcelona can give second chances, I don’t see why we can’t.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It took him a while to get into things after World cup, came back injured and only really started games from November. Really played well last few weeks.

One who impresses me the most is Mikel Oyarazabal. Only 21. Can play upfront or out wide. Has pace and a good finisher. 8 goals this season so think a few bigger clubs in Spain and abroad will be taking an interest as he has loads of potential and you could probably get him for half of what is being demanded for this Pepe guy in France.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
that pace in the second video, I dont remember him being that quick? Looks like he's finally maturing game wise. I still have hope he'll make it at a big club regardless if it's here or not.
He's fast enough, just a bit of a long strider so he doesn't look that quick off the jump.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's just pathetic that we gave up on him so quickly while so many non performers are still at the club and getting new contracts .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Alright, thanks. Indeed I can see that a few people are jizzing about him here.
He barely play for three months after the WC. Then he returned and La Real hit a 4 game losing streak and Garitano was sacked. Been much better under the new coach as have all the squad.

I've got a feeling they're going to finish 4th with how they've been playing last few weeks so he could be back in CL soon.

kundalini

I like goals like that. They are so easy to score so long as you can be bothered to sprint to get there in the first place.

Adnan's first goal of the season in La Liga. 4 shots and 5 key passes in that game.

marktan

I watched most of that much and he played well as usual. He knows his technical skills and knows that he can often beat a man.

I really think he can make the step up to be a Salah level player, he has the technique, but sometimes you watch him and you feel like he's not fully applying himself. Ronaldo had that desire, to always get the ball, and to always do something with it when he had it. Salah has it now to an extend in that he always wants to score. I feel like if Adnan can find that within him or learn to love scoring he'll really step up because Sociedad are a team that play pretty solid attacking football.

Ekeke

So he's currently statistically the 2nd highest rated RW/RM in La Liga this season out of players who have started at least 10 matches. First is Messi

Statistically he's now doing better than 22 year old Brais Mendes who was the breakout youngster in La Liga so far this season.

Still plenty more to do than having 11 mostly good matches as it could be a purple patch, but I think it once again shows he's proving himself in La Liga this season and we can expect someone to sign him in the Summer and him playing at a better club than Sociedad.

At least a club like Sevilla.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I watched the game against Levante, and he had a lot of good moments, but that was probably the worst I've seen of him for some time. His attitude throughout the game absolutely stunk, and it overshadowed his good moments.

The player that stood out to me was Ander Guevara - a 21 year old CM who was making his debut for Sociedad having come up through their B team. He looked really good. He got a bit lost in the 2nd half with Levante really pushing for their goal, but, overall, very impressive.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Top 5 in dribbles per game across Europe and Sociedads best performer. I would want him back as a backup to the new rw but I think what's best for him is to stay in Sociedad for another season and try to stay injury free
well you have the buyback clause!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Adnan's been more of an impact sub this season, not started many games at all. Portu-Willian Jose-Oryazabal regular front three for La Real.

saeed

could be at another level in solskjaer's team maybe!

Marshal

Great goal, he is an excellent player but too irregular for a big team. In Real Sociedad he found the place to mature but even there he is not always in the starting 11

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great goal, he is an excellent player but too irregular for a big team. In Real Sociedad he found the place to mature but even there he is not always in the starting 11
He's barely started a game in last three months although Real Sociedad have very good quality in final third this season.

Arguably better options than Man. United and a few other top level premier league clubs.

Amuses me a little this thread gets bumped whenever he scores a goal and people think he's an essential player for La Real, he simply hasn't been this season and nearly left on loan in January.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How on earth is he 25?! I'm 26 and I swear he was 3-4 years younger than me when he broke through.

TsuWave

Reactionary post, but why sell the likes of Januzaj to then buy the likes of Daniel James?

I know these transfers aren’t related and happened years apart. I just...I can’t help but feel Januzaj would be doing a lot more with the minutes Daniel James or even Pereira & Lingard have gotten since. Squad planning at this club is...

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reactionary post, but why sell the likes of Januzaj to then buy the likes of Daniel James?

I know these transfers aren’t related and happened years apart. I just...I can’t help but feel Januzaj would be doing a lot more with the minutes Daniel James or even Pereira & Lingard have gotten since. Squad planning at this club is...
Why sell Beckham and buy Valencia?

TsuWave

Why sell Beckham and buy Valencia?
Aye man I conceded there’s no correlation in my post. I’m just frustrated at our lack of quality and iffy recruitment. Sometimes you just need to vent. Go in peace

Shiva87

How is Januzaj any different from Lingard? @TsuWave

If it was the other way around, we would pretty much have the same thread being bumped every time Lingard scored a goal outside United.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

If it was the other way around, we would pretty much have the same thread being bumped every time Lingard scored a goal outside United.
Well for a start, even Lingard would probably manage to beat the 5 goals in 3 years Januzaj has managed :lol:

TsuWave

Out of sight, out of mind. Grass is greener etc

I’ll say though, Januzaj is younger and always looked like he had more technical ability to me. Clearly he’s not lit the world alight though, hence “reactionary post”

Ekeke

Januzaj was much better than Lingard last season. Neither have been all that this season, but at least Adnan scored a nice goal today for his team in the top 4

In Rainbows

Well for a start, even Lingard would probably manage to beat the 5 goals in 3 years Januzaj has managed :lol:
Januzaj has a better goal scoring record than Jesse in the last 2 seasons.

Januzaj = 6g8a 2300 min

Lingard = 7g5a 3800 min

marktan

Technically he's miles ahead of Lingard, but a combination of bad attitude (reportedly), terrible moves (Sunderland and Dortmund) and injuries (this season and last) have hampered him. He's had some great games for Sociedad but also some meh ones.

He still has a level to go up imo, but if not then he's a useful squad player for a team aiming for tip 4.

RedRoach

Real Sociedad is the local team where I live. Januzaj was only playing today due to injury. He has been criticized heavily for having a complete lack of fight which is pretty much what United sold him for. He has lots of talent but not the associated attitude to go with it. United did the right thing selling him and I don’t see him lasting at Real Sociedad either.