Adnan Januzaj | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

Barkley as well. Though to be honest I don't think Sterling is quite as good as the other three.
The big difference though is that all the other names bar Janujaz are doing well in teams that are generally doing well. Janujaz has put his hands up and making himself count in a team which is very short on confidence and creativity. Talent wise, they may all be at a similar level but Januzaj's mental strengths seem to be a couple of notches above the other names being mentioned.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't understand why its such a bad thing we have to rely on him when our best are out, isn't it the United way to look to the kids for inspiration? The Busby Babes and Class of 92 were all 18-23 year olds we relied on heavily.
It's been Welbeck and Januzaj that have kept us within reach of the top 4, two United youth products, especially Welbeck who has been with United since he was 11. And Evans has been the one stepping up with age catching up with Rio. Though he's a bit older, it generally takes defenders longer to mature, so I'm happy counting him as part of the United's academy product movement.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Januzaj is a playmaker...or he will end up as one. Confidence, awareness, amazing ability.

...and he is still only 18. we are witnessing the birth of one of the great world footballers.

...and not too far behind...Phil Jones.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
@ MDFC

Totally agree.

In Januzaj I see someone who will grow into being the key man for one of the world's elite sides. I think that he has top 5 in the world potential. I do not see that in Barkley or Sterling, both great prospects but not at the level of Janners. Adnan just has a certain and rare aura about him when he is playing well. Some games he is going close to scoring spectacular hat tricks, like against Norwich and against Sunderland in the league cup he was close to a couple of stunners, one day soon those goals will go in and the world will take notice. He reminds me of early Ronaldo in that sometimes he is awful, sometimes he is very good and sometimes he is threatening something totally spectacular.

As for Gnarby: I have not seen enough of him to comment.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Gnabry and sterling are very good prospects but I think januzaj is a level above them, he just has that special something that makes him stand out a lot more, the confidence to be the main man right away, and the talent to match it. Sterling and gnabry aren't as intelligent on the ball IMO, and aren't as talented on it (both are still good mind you). Put it this way, sterling and gnabry can become up there with the best in the league, but januzaj I think can be one of the best in the world.

I don't think you can criticise Gnabry for a lack of intelligence. That's probably his most impressive asset at the moment considering his age. I do agree that Januzaj looks a step above though. In some ways our poor performances do allow him to shine as an individual more than the others though. They're being asked to fit into a system that is working effectively whereas Januzaj is regularly part of a team that simply isn't functioning and is reliant on individual inspiration to win. We've seen Gnabry shown glimpses of it when required and maybe given more time he will make that step up and show he is an outstanding individual also. At the moment he's not there yet, he's just a very gifted young player. Sterling for me is a further step below him. Not as gifted and I don't see that star quality that Januzaj has (and Gnabry may have). At the moment it's:

Januzaj
Barkley
Gnabry
Sterling

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Januzaj is a playmaker...or he will end up as one. Confidence, awareness, amazing ability.
I didn't see much of him in the reserves to be honest, but is it definitive that his future lies centrally?

I really like what I've seen of him out wide. His dribbling is immense, the way he just walks through full backs, and his crossing is seriously impressive. He's not even that quick, but somehow he's rinsing defenders with ease. I don't know how he does it. He's even looked very capable in the air when he's attacked crosses himself. He's looking scarily complete already. The boy could probably play fullback and take the piss.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah I meant to mention him actually. On the one hand I do think Januzaj has shown that star quality in part because of how poorly we're playing but then I don't know whether I'm just doing him a disservice and he would still look this impressive - if not more so - in a cohesive side playing at the top of their game. Everton are pretty much exactly that and Deulofeu has still been able to show that same star quality when played. Barkley has been better than him this season and yet he hasn't had as many flashes of individual brilliance, so maybe it is just something that Januzaj and Deulofeu have that the other three don't. I'd have Deulofeu at the same level as Gnabry at the moment simply because of how little he's played at the top level, but he certainly looks to have the potential to do what Januzaj's doing now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, deulofeu is certainly up there too. Gnabry I need to see more of, because it's quite hard to break into the arsenal attacking positions if you aren't a striker so it would be interesting to see if januzaj would be able to have a similar impact there. There's definitely a lot of promising youngsters breaking through at the moment though, and all intelligent and quality on the ball. The reason I rate januzaj the highest though, is his elegance on the ball, and confidence and ability that even when both van Persie and Rooney were on the pitch, he still took it upon himself to be the main man and create goals and turn things around. He couldn't have had harder circumstances for an introduction probably but yet is shining. Let's see how he does tomorrow though, his first proper big game.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
To think he only cost us £300,000 to get him from Anderlecht. I definitely think we have enough resources to be able to get similar talents before they get widely recognized and overpriced but we're not so consistent and sometimes I think we're just not doing enough. Dortmund have managed to do it during Klopp's time and so can we. Wenger although having his share of flops has signed a lot of these talented players over the years even if he had to sell most of them as they move on to better clubs.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's incredible. We need to build our team around him. By far our best player and arguably the best on the pitch.

Ash_G

Frustrating that's he'd being wasted leading the line, let him play from wide and cutting in, where he is it's too easy for the centrebacks/midfield to get on him. He's still done well but he could do more imo from a deeper role and I really don't see what Young's doing defensively to justify his position there.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Has been excellent. Our only bright spot in the match. Looking so comfortable against a top team. I can see man European giants trying to lure him if this poor run continues into coming seasons.

Mad Winger

Our best player out there again. Imagine how much damage he would cause if he had better players around him!

I prefer him on the wing, though. I think he's a bit wasted in central positions, seeing as he's our best dribbler by far.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our best player out there again. Imagine how much damage he would cause if he had better players around him!

I prefer him on the wing, though. I think he's a bit wasted in central positions, seeing as he's our best dribbler by far.
Yeah I think he's better on the wing too. For now.

Eventually, once he gets stronger and the team learns how to pass the ball about and hopefully one day plays More technically, he has to end up as a no. 10.

Mad Winger

Eventually, once he gets stronger and the team learns how to pass the ball about and hopefully one day plays More technically, he has to end up as a no. 10.
I'd rather he kept developing as a winger. He's already excellent in that position on both flanks, whether he's allowed to drift in or asked to keep the width. It's really rare and useful to have a player like that, so I wouldn't want him to change.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I prefer him on the wing than in the number 10 position at this stage. I was disappointed to see him start at number 10 on Sunday with Kagawa on the bench.

Doing very well again tonight.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's just sublime. What a player. Just wish we focused more on ball retention. It would make players like him andKagawa so much more of a threat.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Looks a bit tired today.
I've noticed that in the past couple of games too.

I guess that's what happens to a teenager when his team relies on him to provide the creative spark in every game. Hopefully getting Mata will take some of the responsibility off him and let Moyes rest him when he needs it.

dr.twinny

Albeit some good moments, I think he's been a bit below par. Still he's trying to win the match, even on his own.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's clearly wrecked. We need to be careful with him or we'll see another Michael Owen - burned out by his mid 20's.

But for our lack of options he could do with a few weeks out.

dr.twinny

Agreed. With Mata coming, plus the likes if Rooney, Nani, RVP and Fellaini soon to return from injury, he could sit out a couple matches.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Needs some rest, no doubt.

I like how good he is defensively as well. Valencia could learn a thing or two on how to track runners

Steven Seagull

Has anybody got any idea how fast he is? It's like he takes a touch past a defender and it looks like they've got their body in the way, at which point you think he needs to hit the gym or something. Then a split second later and he's still got the ball, then he's past them and they're on the floor. Prime example that chance for Hernandez - he had no right to run around Colback. He could be a ghost.

Shark

@NotShark
He needs rest, but he's still busting his guts and looking our most dangerous player. Himself and Mata could form quite a special relationship on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.