Adnan Januzaj | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
van Gaal will make Januzaj more efficient in what he does, score more and assist more.

carlosp

Van Gaal already said he likes talented tricky players in the midfield and that's exactly what Januzaj is. I think Van Gaal will still be able to mold Adnan into an even better player and I am sure that VG will definitely use him. Happy for the lad.

pascell

I keep hearing this, and find the wording a bit odd. You'd want van Gaal to mould a player who's not quite getting it yet, who needs reshaping and redirecting to achieve his potential.

Januzaj just needs to be allowed to keep on doing what he's doing. Don't limit him, just unleash him.
I think directing is a better term to use personally. Redirecting and reshaping kind of interprets that his usual game is nowhere near what we need. Directing him towards his potential, whilst nurturing him and ironing out some flaws (like Moyes did with the diving) will help him become world class and achieve his potential.

adamwest

Surely he's the closest thing to Robben we have at the club, and van Gaal loves him some Robben.

He will thrive next season.

Brightonian

I think directing is a better term to use personally. Redirecting and reshaping kind of interprets that his usual game is nowhere near what we need. Directing him towards his potential, whilst nurturing him and ironing out some flaws (like Moyes did with the diving) will help him become world class and achieve his potential.
Exactly. Directing is a better word.

Sampy93

Surely he's the closest thing to Robben we have at the club, and van Gaal loves him some Robben.

He will thrive next season.
Not Sure about that, Robben is a bit more one-dimensional. He always cuts in on his left foot and it works surprisingly enough.
Januzaj can take a player on with a turn of pace (yes Robben can too) but I'd say januzaj will become a more "complete" player by the time he hits his prime.

I'd say januzaj is more our Ribery

Seveneric

Weird how everyone seems to know what LVG loves, what LVG likes, what LVG will do, bla bla bla, all most likely based on articles and nothing else

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Weird how everyone seems to know what LVG loves, what LVG likes, what LVG will do, bla bla bla, all most likely based on articles and nothing else
Some of us have read every interview, watched every video and watched season reviews of all the clubs he's been to.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Some truly terrible haircuts going on there.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Mirallas is far too close to Januzaj there for my liking.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Surely the officials at the match are to blame more than anyone? Aren't they sort of meant to keep track of things like that and make sure teams don't make too many substitutions amongst keeping with the other rules of the game?

Acole9

Outstanding
It's a bit of a shame that it's been wiped off but he'll have plenty more opportunities to play for Belgium that's for sure.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's the one we have been waiting for since Ronaldo left, just hope he fulfills all his potential, and stays with us when Real Madrid/Barcelona come a knocking.

Kostur

海尔的老板
On the bench today against Tunisia, match has just been halted because of a bloody hailstorm - and it's raining ice pretty bad over Brussels.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Came on for the last 17 minutes against Tunisia and gave a good performance

Suus

I thought friendlies had unlimited subs.
FIFA put in a rule a cple of yours ago that if you have more than twice the number of subs as a match that usually gives points (domestic club games etc) ie. 6 subs, if that number is exceeded the game will be 'valued' as a practice match instead of a friendly game. However, this does not apply to clubs, only national teams. FIFA in their wisdom as usual.

NMF

Van Gaal is arriving at the perfect time for Januzaj, personally I don't think Moyes would have been capable of getting him to the next level and improving his game.

LVG will improve his efficiency and decision making.

HabeasC

Came on for the last 17 minutes against Tunisia and gave a good performance

His crossing has been really good for Belgium, as far as I have seen. His chance for Fellaini in the last game and the final cross there both should have ended in goals, but for some poor heading.

His shooting clearly needs a bit of work though, but I am sure he will be able to improve upon it. At least he has the confidence to take those shots. He is also consistently beating players, which is great.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Big season for him coming up, I can see him stepping it up a bit and becoming a nailed on starter

Status
Not open for further replies.