Adnan Januzaj | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks like Adnan could be starting at centre forward tonight.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
it s not his best position but he can't be worse than lukaku...
I did say early this season that I can see him ending up there, at least as a false 9 anyway. Excited to watch him develop over the next few years.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Bit odd that isn't it considering he's never played there before? Glad to see him starting though.

Annahnomoss

I did say early this season that I can see him ending up there, at least as a false 9 anyway. Excited to watch him develop over the next few years.
Actually a brilliant idea mate. I kept thinking we'd see the best of him centrally but rather as an AM which will never happen, but as a striker who seeks the wide areas he'd be bloody brilliant to be fair.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Bit odd that isn't it considering he's never played there before? Glad to see him starting though.
Not to be pedantic but he played there against Norwich in the league cup and against Chelsea away, IIRC.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he has played there for us in the reserves, sure I've seen people/himself say he can play there
He played there vs Wigan in the Community Shield I seem to remember, along with in pre season friendlies and reserve games.

HabeasC

Yep, pretty shoddy...

His shots against Sunderland were great, but he has skyed quite a few shots recently and over the season. He definitely needs to work on his shooting. At least he has the courage to beat a player and then take a shot though.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Yeah definitely. Warren Joyce played him as a false # 9 for the majority of the reserve team's 2012-2013 league winning season. Infact he believes that's Adnan's best position becase he'll have more freedom to drift between the lines and use his higher intelligence levels to spot weaknesses in opposition defences.

I think even Steve Round (I know) confirmed Joyce's opinion in an interview :

And if you ask our Reserves coach [Warren Joyce], who had him last season, he’d say he felt his best position was no.9. He played there for the Reserves.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/30/adnan...r-uniteds-new-no-9-hints-steve-round-4166667/

A little more polish on his finishing, concentration and with more experience he could be a long term replacement for RVP. :)

johnmufc

Not to be pedantic but he played there against Norwich in the league cup and against Chelsea away, IIRC.
Yes, very mature display from him at Stamford Bridge. He was strangely dropped almost immediately after that game, though. Moyes is such a weird manager.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's had a few games/spells there. Chelsea away, Fulham away too.

As he gets stronger and improves his finishing he could be good there I think.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Should have started more this year. Who cares how old he is. He is good enough to start and better than any of our wingers. Rooney and Ronaldo were fixtures in the side at Adnan's age and he has a similar level of talent as those two did. He is also stronger than most people think.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Give him the freaking ball :mad:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
this game has no pace to it whatsoever. plus it feels like korea are playing with far more possession... not exactly entertaining stuff.

Suus

I rly enjoy Januzaj's defensive runs. He's really spending alot of energy closing down whereas Mirallas or Mertens doesnt. He reminds me alot about Welbeck when he closes down the ball on both sides of the pitch.

m1y2

belgium is so wastefull, martens is particulary pissing me off, hes asking the ball why not but he always fex is, miralas is decent, fellaini doing quality job chesting the ball down, the only tactic they seem to use and givign them some advantage, they dont play from the middle neither the wing play adnan is cut off but he had some glimpses, sometimes it looks like nobody wants to pass him because they are afraid he could do something special.. the red card ruined the match even more - more long balls to fella

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I rly enjoy Januzaj's defensive runs. He's really spending alot of energy closing down whereas Mirallas or Mertens doesnt. He reminds me alot about Welbeck when he closes down the ball on both sides of the pitch.
I agree, on the basis of today's game he should not be behind Mertens in the pecking order- that's if we consider his defensive contribution.
The Belgians don't trust him, apart from Fellaini who looks for him every time he chests the ball dawn, what makes me like him a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.