Adnan Januzaj | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Can only put it down to tiredness, out of character almost for him to shoot that much.

MoneyMay

Great play for the equaliser, but it was a poor performance overall. Too selfish in critical areas today, but this is his first poor performance in quite a while, and even then, he wasn't THAT bad. He's constantly learning, and I enjoyed the fact he played on the left, right, and the centre today.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
he's 18, he's going to make bad decisions from time to time. whether it's on the football pitch or getting off with gina from my work.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was a 1 man attack pretty much. You can't blame him for shooting so much when Hernandez and Welbeck were as awful as they were. He was still really good, could have had a few better decisions but made chances all game and could have scored a few with a bit more composure. It'll come with age, but I can see him becoming a proper goalscorer as well as creator, like getting above 20 goals and 20 assists per season, he's that good.

Kag

Great play for the equaliser, but it was a poor performance overall. Too selfish in critical areas today, but this is his first poor performance in quite a while, and even then, he wasn't THAT bad. He's constantly learning, and I enjoyed the fact he played on the left, right, and the centre today.
Agreed. Good post.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Good, he'll learn, way too much on his shoulders already. Mata signing will help him more than anything.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
It's scandalous the pressure on this lad to perform miracles every game for us. The whole team look to him to save us time and again, it's absurd.

Sam

He played like someone that realised that it was basically up to him to do something to try and win it for us, as no one else would. Poor sod.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Still learning his trade. He was the only person on the pitch who had any bit of confidence today. A bit greedy, but that will get out of his system eventually. All part of developing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought he was pretty crap tonight but then he's 18 and is being ran into the ground so what do we expect. Even crap (by his standards) he was still better than Kagawa, Hernandez & Welbeck - those 3 need a serious wake up call

Hope we give the lad a rest regardless of who's back (or isn't), need to look long term

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Hit the target at least.

He will learn though, never jog up to the spot.

Ekeke

He was quite good but too quick to decide he needs to shoot. Still our best attacking player. Hopefully he's learned to take a proper run up for penalties as well

jb8521

For the first time tonight he looked like the very talented 18 year old that he is rather than a talented 28 year old which he has looked like so far due to his decision making being off. The fact that he still looked our best attacking player shows what a talent he is.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
One day he will just give up at trying to lead the United team all by himself. :(

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Agreed. Good post.
No it wasnt its a poor post. Adnan is only 18 and everything good we created came from him. He put Hernandez clean through earlier in the game and Chico made an arse of it.

Probably decided to have a go in a similar situation in extra time. I was at the game and the lad was in tears walking to the tunnel so give him a fecking break. He was our best player by a country mile and he had far from a poor game. He's developing well and quickly becoming a crowd favourite.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, he could do with a bit of a rest, which hopefully he'll get with Mata coming in. Good thing (for Januzaj) is we don't play again until Tuesday which will be a bit of a rest even if he does end up starting against Cardiff, but I expect/hope he'll miss/be benched for either the Cardiff or Stoke game to give him a bit of a breather.

Skywarden

Young and inexperienced, it's showing. It's a great learning experiences though and hopefully he'll soak it all in and come back stronger after some rest.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Passed it in behind their defence several times, beat their full backs several times, don't know how on earth it can be described as a poor performance. Shot too much, granted, but he was the only attacking player actually playing to a level I'd expect of them.

MoneyMay

No it wasnt its a poor post. Adnan is only 18 and everything good we created came from him. He put Hernandez clean through earlier in the game and Chico made an arse of it.

Probably decided to have a go in a similar situation in extra time. I was at the game and the lad was in tears walking to the tunnel so give him a fecking break. He was our best player by a country mile and he had far from a poor game. He's developing well and quickly becoming a crowd favourite.
Come off it. You make it sound as though I took a dig into him, which I didn't do. I also mentioned that this is his first poor performance in a while. EVERY player deserves criticism and him being young/becoming a fan favourite has nothing to do with my post. He was poor today (look at the posts above), but no one is blaming him for the loss. It's just that he was selfish in moments you expect him to pass. He was still one of our better players today, and showed great character.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yea, his decision making was a bit off today but he still managed to create like 3-4 great chances that could've / should've been converted by our players. He's set the bar very high for himself. I do believe that a rest would do him well.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Come off it. You make it sound as though I took a dig into him, which I didn't do. I also mentioned that this is his first poor performance in a while. EVERY player deserves criticism and him being young/becoming a fan favourite has nothing to do with my post. He was poor today (look at the posts above), but no one is blaming him for the loss. It's just that he was selfish in moments you expect him to pass. He was still one of our better players today, and showed great character.
I couldnt give a feck about the posts above I was at the game and he didnt have a poor game. He also showed some bottle stepping up to take a penalty even if he did fluff his lines.

MoneyMay

I couldnt give a feck about the posts above I was at the game and he didnt have a poor game. He also showed some bottle stepping up to take a penalty even if he did fluff his lines.
That's cool, and that's your opinion.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Exactly, I believe that this miss will help him. I'm sure he feels pretty shit after that miss so he'll train even harder not to let such thing happen again. Plus it's better to fail to score a penalty in a Mickey Mouse Cup rather than - God help us - CL final.

Kag

Nobody is getting on his back. I just thought he was a little selfish tonight and wasn't all that great. Of course, he had some excellent moments and was our second best player after Smalling, for my money. I suppose that ball he should have slipped into Hernandez has stuck with me a little more than it should have.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'm one of the last guys on here that tear into our players, I just think MoneyMay was right in saying he had some poor, arguably immature moments.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Apparently he was in tears at the end? Least he cares!

He played well today I thought - there was one point where he really should have played in Jones on the counter - but other then that, I didn't think he was being selfish at all.

johnmufc

He is already key to our present. Our most important attacking player after Rooney and van Persie at the age of 18. When those two are unavailable, Januzaj is relied upon to provide brilliance and salvage a result from tumescent team performances. This speaks highly of the player, but also incredibly poorly of our manager. Relying so heavily on and overplaying a kid because he cannot get the team playing decent football. It's disgraceful.

Do not blame his perceived selfishness or poor decision making. He was the only player likely to break from Moyes' negative stranglehold and create something positive. Relieved beyond belief that we've somehow convinced him to sign new deal here.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He is already key to our present. Our most important attacking player after Rooney and van Persie at the age of 18. When those two are unavailable, Januzaj is relied upon to provide brilliance and salvage a result from tumescent team performances. This speaks highly of the player, but also incredibly poorly of our manager. Relying so heavily on and overplaying a kid because he cannot get the team playing decent football. It's disgraceful.

Do not blame his perceived selfishness or poor decision making. He was the only player likely to break from Moyes' negative stranglehold and create something positive. Relieved beyond belief that we've somehow convinced him to sign new deal here.
If he played him less you'd be moaning why Januzaj isn't playing and would claim that Moyes hampers his development.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Thought he was somewhat poor and overly greedy tonight...but the chances he did set up showcase how talented he actually is.

I can make peace with greed from an 18 year old.

Sylar

Were gonna burn him out which shows how reliant we are on him. Even with Ronaldo and Giggs at that age, we were able to rest them but it seems like we rely on him so much that we cant drop him even for home games like this. (not counting Rooney cos of his build)

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Thought he was somewhat poor and overly greedy tonight...but the chances he did set up showcase how talented he actually is.

I can make peace with greed from an 18 year old.
Can you blame him to be greedy? He's the only one who has the form and confidence at the moment.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Were gonna burn him out which shows how reliant we are on him. Even with Ronaldo and Giggs at that age, we were able to rest them but it seems like we rely on him so much that we cant drop him even for home games like this. (not counting Rooney cos of his build)
If we get Rooney, Mata and RvP fit and playing he'll feature much less in the next half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.