Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He really needs to play in a system like Ronaldo did in his first couple of seasons before he really started to shine. Just stay up wide left or right and when we get the ball back look up and hit him. Get him isolated on goal or on the back four up the field and give him the ball and let him go toward goal. Ronaldo never did any defending.. Probably ever at United and every player had an easy outlet pass up to him from everywhere on the pitch.
Agreed. RWB is just not a position for him. If we persist with this formation, its hard to see where he'd fit in unless its one of the front three.

LR7

Today was an off day which is a shame because (on paper) this is the type of game that he could have grabbed by the scruff of the neck. They'd have struggled with Adnan at his best, but unfortunately he wasn't anywhere near it today. Seemed exempt for the first teams malaise before tonight.

Ash_G

Didn't really seem to fancy a run at them today. I think he will end up as a more central player one day but not yet. We do need to get him out of wingback though. Waste of his talent there, need to find a way to have him start central but be able to come inside. But thought he wasn't quite as bad as the average today but far from showing what he can do on the pitch today.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just looks a little shell-shocked and lost at the moment, I think he seems confused about where he stands under LVG. He's had to play as a CM, wing back and a number 10, as well as both wings in just a space of weeks.

Needs to settle down and nail a starting spot in a position he's comfortable with. Number 10 and Left wing.. are his best positions.

Loublaze

ATLien
No it wasn't. The only thing that didn't come off were his crosses. A ball touch video of his will show you he was positive in trying to advance the ball forward and succeeded most of the time. The only bad thing is that he didn't see enough of the ball.
Lets just agree to disagree. He was apalling and is capable of much, much better.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Those 20ish minutes in the first half looked like we were playing with 10 man, he managed to make Powell and Anderson look like they are running. Shit performance.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I know it's nearly blasphemy on this forum to criticise Januzaj but I don't think he's anywhere near as talented as you all think. Pretty good young player but I don't get why some of you think it's ridiculous to see him on the bench. Maybe I've just caught the wrong games but so often he makes the wrong decision (usually to shoot when there's an easy pass on).

Would be much better if he was played in his right position mind you.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I know it's nearly blasphemy on this forum to criticise Januzaj but I don't think he's anywhere near as talented as you all think. Pretty good young player but I don't get why some of you think it's ridiculous to see him on the bench. Maybe I've just caught the wrong games but so often he makes the wrong decision (usually to shoot when there's an easy pass on).
Nobody shoots on our team. The more he shoots the better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was a bit lost in behind the strikers in the first half, did much better in the second half and almost scored. Will get better but wasn't disappointing today, despite the awful performance.

El Zoido

It's hard to take anything from individual performances when the whole team is in such a state. How would Ronaldo have developed in this side? It's concerning.

Mersault

He's a fantastic prospect. But he's not set the world alight by any stretch. The hype was also due to the rest of our team being shite last season and him playing rather well. A team of players earning enormous amounts of money, full internationals, big names, who all looked for Januzaj again and again last season when he was on the pitch, as he was the only one capable of taking on players.

He still needs to build up strength but I expect him to have a much better season than about half our team.

At fault for the 2nd goal, didn't track back fast enough, no doubt get a telling off by Van Gaal for that.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

He is very talented but you are not wrong, he is a bit overrated here. As our other wingers are useless it's completely understandable ppl want him to start on the wings. However I find it completely ridiculous that some have suggested he should start ahead of Kagawa in the No 10 (let alone ahead of Mata). His decision making and shooting also need to improve big time, but he hasn't had the best conditions so far: since Moyes' until today he has been in and out of the team, not to mention the team isn't working at the moment so it's not easy for him either.

Oh and he was really bad today, in the first half I can't remember noticing him at all.

Silverman

I think he is one of the only shining lights at the moment in the squad. I think he should be starting most weeks.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not one of Januzaj's better games. Gave the ball away cheaply, at times, as did everyone, but what surprised me that he very rarely tried to take on the full back when he got into a good position.

beardsleybob

Not one of Januzaj's better games. Gave the ball away cheaply, at times, as did everyone, but what surprised me that he very rarely tried to take on the full back when he got into a good position.
Let's be fair if you're a wingback in this defence, you wouldn't be takin on their fullback either. We need to revert back to using actual wingers with fullbacks so Januzaj has an outlet

Walters_19_MuFc

Let's be fair if you're a wingback in this defence, you wouldn't be takin on their fullback either. We need to revert back to using actual wingers with fullbacks so Januzaj has an outlet
I'm all for four at the back, but it seems like we'll be playing 352 for a while.

united_99

OK, so what's happening here? I have been just thinking about him again and something just doesn't seem right. I can see the talent, but I can't see the improvement. And for all his father's bullshite talk last season (when the contract with us wasn't extended yet and when he still had not chosen a nation to play for), about how down to earth and hardworking a d all that he is (as if any parents of a pro footballer would say anything else), I don't see let's say Ronaldo's mentality, attitude, improvement and will to win at all.

Not even close actually, and I am not talking about today's Ronaldo, but about the time when Ronaldo was between 18 and 20. While Ronaldo helped Portugal to reach the final in 2004 at the same age, Januzaj had a crap game for Belgium in the world cup and there were noises of bad attitude from the Belgium camp (ofc noone knows how true).

And while Ronaldo more often than not tried to give his all and made sure that if he had failed to impress in the first 80 mins, he still made an impact out of nowhere in the 81st minute and always kept going even at a very young age, I just can't see it with Januzaj. Now I know Ronaldo didn't give his all because he loved United, but rather for himself, but that's not the point. The point is that he tried everything to improve (and our team wasn't much better back then - between 2003-2005). Ofc he had Fergie which was a huge help.

Now I am not writing off Januzaj, but as I have very high hopes for him I hope he reaches close to Ronaldo's level rather than the level of a "good footballer". But based on the last few months I don't see it at all. And Wilson and Pereira who weren't that good eithet yesterday, still looked more ready for the highest level than Januzaj yesterday.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
No point beating around the bush here. He was bad last night. The whole team was bad, but when he had the ball he looked ordinary last night.

This formation doesn't suit him, hence why he hasn't started any of our first 3 games so far. The second we move to 4-3-3, and he gets minutes in his best position, he'll solidify a starting berth.

ZDwyr

OK, so what's happening here? I have been just thinking about him again and something just doesn't seem right. I can see the talent, but I can't see the improvement. And for all his father's bullshite talk last season (when the contract with us wasn't extended yet and when he still had not chosen a nation to play for), about how down to earth and hardworking a d all that he is (as if any parents of a pro footballer would say anything else), I don't see let's say Ronaldo's mentality, attitude, improvement and will to win at all.

Not even close actually, and I am not talking about today's Ronaldo, but about the time when Ronaldo was between 18 and 20. While Ronaldo helped Portugal to reach the final in 2004 at the same age, Januzaj had a crap game for Belgium in the world cup and there were noises of bad attitude from the Belgium camp (ofc noone knows how true).

And while Ronaldo more often than not tried to give his all and made sure that if he had failed to impress in the first 80 mins, he still made an impact out of nowhere in the 81st minute and always kept going even at a very young age, I just can't see it with Januzaj. Now I know Ronaldo didn't give his all because he loved United, but rather for himself, but that's not the point. The point is that he tried everything to improve (and our team wasn't much better back then - between 2003-2005). Ofc he had Fergie which was a huge help.

Now I am not writing off Januzaj, but as I have very high hopes for him I hope he reaches close to Ronaldo's level rather than the level of a "good footballer". But based on the last few months I don't see it at all. And Wilson and Pereira who weren't that good eithet yesterday, still looked more ready for the highest level than Januzaj yesterday.
Well firstly, I'd urge you to stop comparing him to the best player in the world (or the 2nd best). I know you said not current Ronaldo or whatever but let's be honest, he was something different. It's unfair to compare Adnan to him. I didn't hear anything about bad attitude? I don't even remember him getting any minutes actually? He will be fine, he just needs to lock down a position for now - which I think should be on the wing.

united_99

Well firstly, I'd urge you to stop comparing him to the best player in the world (or the 2nd best). I know you said not current Ronaldo or whatever but let's be honest, he was something different. It's unfair to compare Adnan to him. I didn't hear anything about bad attitude? I don't even remember him getting any minutes actually? He will be fine, he just needs to lock down a position for now - which I think should be on the wing.
He played their 3rd group game when they had already qualified. Oh and some on this forum have suggested he is at the same level Ronaldo was when he was his age, a few have even suggested he has shown more / is more mature than Ronaldo was at his age.

ZDwyr

He played their 3rd group game when they had already qualified. Oh and some on this forum have suggested he is at the same level Ronaldo was when he was his age, a few have even suggested he has shown more / is more mature than Ronaldo was at his age.
Ah OK then, I missed that game. I think some people over-do the Januzaj hype on here. I wish he wouldn't get compared to Ronaldo but I guess it is inevitable. They are different players though, and personalities. He has potential to be a good player though. He just has to focus on getting a role in the van Gaal squad.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
this thread is a classic case in point where one bad game and loads of "he's never going to be as good as (ronalda/etc.), he was so shit. I never rated him in the first place, etc."

completely ridiculous. by no means did he have a great game, but he came on as a sub and played a wing back. ... well, he's not a wing back is he? no, he's not. and i'm pretty sure LVG knows that by now and i can't see him playing there again.

but with di maria here, i CAN see us changing the formation where wide players are given more prominence and as such januzaj seems the perfect fit to play on the other side of di maria.

he's a world class talent in the making, one bad game doesn't change that. he's had three sub appearances. let's not jump on a NINETEEN year old's back because he hasn't lit it up yet.

there is one thing that concerns me though, and it has little to do with his play but a lot more to do with our 3-5-2 and the fact we have 10 games between august and november. that's simply not enough game time, and if LVG knows now already that januzaj isn't going to feature a lot this year due to us being only in the premier league and hopefully the FA cup for longer than last year... well, then it might be best to honestly look at loaning him out. there are few bigger fan boys of januzaj than me, but with so few games to go around this year he could potentially see considerably less playing time than he even had last year. needless to say that's not good for his development.

again, i hope he doesn't get loaned out, but LVG better take a long hard look at who he feels he needs this year and if Adnan isn't going to feature at least as much as he did last year, then it might be best to shunt him to another premiership side for the season.

... or am i crazy?

In Rainbows

Some of you guys overreact too much. We're 3 games into the season and you guys are already questioning his talent as if other talented 19 year olds didn't have bad games. He really wasn't as bad as you guys make him out.

This video is missing some of his performance like the great pass to Janko, a couple of other passes, and probably another failed cross. He certainly could have been better, but was far from awful or appalling. If he doesn't impress much throughout the season then I could understand questioning his talent even though I would personally wait a couple of years due to his age.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He's wasted in the middle. He needs to be out wide to use his quickness and skill, but we have Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum on the wings in this formation.

XdanielredX

Report: Adnan Januzaj fears Manchester United exit

© Getty Images
By Chris O'Keefe, Reporter
Filed: Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 01:28 UK
Last Updated: Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 03:25 UK

Adnan Januzaj is worried that he will be offloaded by Manchester United in the transfer window, according to reports.

The young Belgian attacker played in the Red Devils' humiliating 4-0 defeat at MK Dons on Tuesday and, although the 19-year-old was asked for his shirt at the end of the tie, The People claims that Januzaj didn't was to hand it over, thinking it may be his last game for the club.

It is thought that the teenager is concerned about how he fit into the plans of new boss Louis van Gaal, after impressing at Old Trafford under David Moyes, last season.

Januzaj featured for just three minutes at Burnley on Saturday, replacing the injured Juan Mata and has reportedly been told that he is only the fourth choice in the number 10 position.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think he'll go because I've heard quite a few reports that Van Gaal quite likes Januzaj, and I mean, how can you not, especially if Mata continues this poor form Januzaj will get more chances, however one positive is that he's worried about leaving, which means he wants to stay and isn't looking to move onto a club like Real or something.

FromTheBench

Play him up top next game please. Don't get why he hasn't been tried out there so far but has played every other role.

ZDwyr

With Mata potentially injured and Kagawa probably being sold then this is his chance to get some games.

JSMHE

Report: Adnan Januzaj fears Manchester United exit

© Getty Images
By Chris O'Keefe, Reporter
Filed: Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 01:28 UK
Last Updated: Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 03:25 UK

Adnan Januzaj is worried that he will be offloaded by Manchester United in the transfer window, according to reports.

The young Belgian attacker played in the Red Devils' humiliating 4-0 defeat at MK Dons on Tuesday and, although the 19-year-old was asked for his shirt at the end of the tie, The People claims that Januzaj didn't was to hand it over, thinking it may be his last game for the club.

It is thought that the teenager is concerned about how he fit into the plans of new boss Louis van Gaal, after impressing at Old Trafford under David Moyes, last season.

Januzaj featured for just three minutes at Burnley on Saturday, replacing the injured Juan Mata and has reportedly been told that he is only the fourth choice in the number 10 position.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think he'll go because I've heard quite a few reports that Van Gaal quite likes Januzaj, and I mean, how can you not, especially if Mata continues this poor form Januzaj will get more chances, however one positive is that he's worried about leaving, which means he wants to stay and isn't looking to move onto a club like Real or something.
I know this is just a rumours and it might be a fake. But I'm afraid that this might become a real news in the future. We saw what happen to Welbeck. We have 2 great talent from our academic and LVG decides to suck Mata, Rooney and RVP balls so much just because they are named as a world class. However so far the three world classes haven't show anything good performance. Only Rooney did okay against Swansea.
Januzaj hasn't play as our starting eleven yet this season. This is worrying me.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
LVG might not be happy with his attitude thus far and is trying to motivate the kid into earning his spot. Find it hard to believe Januzaj won't get a proper shot at starting, especially with the team playing as it is.

Red_toad

LVG might not be happy with his attitude thus far and is trying to motivate the kid into earning his spot. Find it hard to believe Januzaj won't get a proper shot at starting, especially with the team playing as it is.
So we drop Mata to give him time? Or maybe Di Maria?

Van Gaal is trying a system he believes is beneficial to the players he has available. As the season progresses everyone will get chances. At no point have the club ever indicated Adnan is not part of their long term plans. Dont see why anyone is making a drama out of media crap invented reports! If Van Gaal wasn't impressed with his attitude he'd be on his way out very quickly.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Bottom line is he hasnt been handed a start yet, which is absolutely ludicrous.

Only thing more atrocious was Di Maria coming off not for Januzaj... But for fat fecking Anderson. If Januzaj is shown the door this year, Ill be extremely disappointed.

Getsme

So we drop Mata to give him time?
The way Mata is playing at the moment yes, obviously he's injured now so he technically can't be dropped, but Mata has been terrible so far this season.

Donut

Januzaj and Di Maria are our 2 best players. Just switch to 4-3-3 and drop one of the underperfoming Rooney, RVP, Mata.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Bottom line is he hasnt been handed a start yet, which is absolutely ludicrous.

Only thing more atrocious was Di Maria coming off not for Januzaj... But for fat fecking Anderson. If Januzaj is shown the door this year, Ill be extremely disappointed.
Think we should show LVG the next one then, that would be one dumb decision and we would be throwing our future away by showing Adnan the door. He'll regress if LVG continues like this btw, he isnt ready to play in the middle and he is making just very little minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.