5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

should have scored but he needs more gametime. I see no reason keeping all three strikers on the pitch especially Van Persie who bottled three big chances, if it was welbeck, he would have been crucified... Van Persie is fit as ever? It doesn't seem so.. Sub him off and give Januzaj a chance to play off the striker he will be great will set up some chances as well as find his scoring boots at some point the sooner the better..

kps88

No European or League Cup football; I don't see how he's going to get any game time.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Shooting from there wasn't the worst decision ever, but the execution was awful. I don't blame him for taking the shot, and wild misses like that happen to the best.

Would like to see him getting more game time though.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Probably a bit too preoccupied with trying to catch the attention with there being so few games this campaigne and superstar players in front of him. Unless there are a few injuries I can't see him starting more than a handful of games this season, though would probably be the go to player to change things when we need it after which ever striker is on the bench.

Last edited:

Trizy

We were 4-0 up, I guess he thought going for it would not matter if he missed but he could impress the manager had he scored a cracker. Everyone would be talking about him in the same way as last season had he smashed in that attempt.

In Rainbows

The important thing is he got into good positions. The execution will come. I'm sure he (like all the players) will look at match footage in training and see what he should have done.

Will Singh

I'd love to see him get more game time as he looked a bit rusty, should have passed to RVP but his young and to develop him we need him to be like that as that's how he will learn.

Problem is with the outlay this season and pressure to finish in the top 3/4 I can't see him starting that many games especially we only have the PL and FA Cup to play in this season. But then his only 19 and has plenty of time...

Sid234

I think he was too keen on making his mark.. Looked a bit subdued as he was coming on, he knows he has to work really hard to even come close starting in this team especially with no european football around this season

MDFC Manager

I must be in the minority that was glad to see him take the shot there. If that had gone in, the roof would be off.

justboy68

Trying to make the highlight reel so as to get a place in the team. A common mistake for young lads like him, no real harm done in this case.

Acole9

Outstanding
Tried too hard to impress when he came on. He is only young though so he will learn in time.

markhrad

I agree, he is trying to hard to impress. He, however, is not going to make many friends with the strikers if he keeps on being this selfish.

krazyrobus

RVP's face said it all. He needs to be patient, his chances will come. I'd like to put him in the Mata role at the tip of the diamond and see what he can do there.

birdy2121

We were 4-0 up, I guess he thought going for it would not matter if he missed but he could impress the manager had he scored a cracker. Everyone would be talking about him in the same way as last season had he smashed in that attempt.
You mean over hyping him based on a few flashes of ability. We all want him to be amazing but I wish people would organically let this happen rather than blindly ignoring the facts and decisions/performances he puts in which are not worthy of a starting place in our team.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Young n learning. The other players have to be patient with him, you have to nurture a talent like this and allow him to play his game and learn from his mistakes. I remember Ruud and Ronaldo having issues and look how that turned out.

He'll get plenty of game time I think. I'm wary of the reports that he was getting a bit big for his boots and think him getting shifted down the pecking order might do him some good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not worried about the selfishness we've seen so far this season. He's been getting short cameos here and there towards the end of games and clearly wants to make a big impact.

justboy68

he saw what happened with Welbeck. Constantly deferring to other players will get you sold
:rolleyes: Welbeck hardly got any assists. Ridiculously lazy comparison. He chose to leave because he wasn't first choice up front. That in turn was because he doesn't do well enough around the box, be it scoring himself or laying it on for others.

pascell

He's learning still so these things are gonna happen, Ronaldo was the exactly same, it's part of the learning curve. If it was 0-0 or we were losing he wouldn't have been so selfish.

m1y2

let him be confiden, he made a wrong decision in the end but if he played more he would take this chance easily. WHats more van Persie was closed down and would have his shot blocked probably.. januzaj saw him all the time but eventually chose the second thing in his mind and that was shot. Falcao was at the far post. If Van persie scored his two and half sitter he wouldnt be so disapointed after this. and should have been subbed of for Januzaj in the first place much earlier was another dodgy performance even tho he looked a little bit fitter..

MUFCpiffgawd

I'd say missing chances and fecking up attacks got Welbeck sold which is exactly what Januzaj did.
:rolleyes: Welbeck hardly got any assists. Ridiculously lazy comparison. He chose to leave because he wasn't first choice up front. That in turn was because he doesn't do well enough around the box, be it scoring himself or laying it on for others.
No, He's a young player. Best way for him to get playing time is to get on the score sheet. That's how i interpreted it.

FromTheBench

Mentioned it previously too, but he has gotten a more and more selfish streak going on now. Weird as he was never seemingly shooting in his youth days and always has composure to lay it back or find a pass.

Maybe he is smashing them in training and has been told to shoot more in matches by the coaches.

Anyway, thought he did decently today for 10 minute cameo when the intensity had dropped off anyway. Had a good chance too where he was sharp to reach and then hit the target with his right.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's played in every game.
Funny how some on here seem to think he's out of favour as he's not a starter at the moment. He's just a kid who only had last season as a season of professional football, and he only played so much because the team was so poor. Hopefully he understands that long term he's got a huge future here, but he'll have to be a sub this season, but it's just the normal progression of youngsters really. Him being subbed on every game shows that van gaal does rate him.

FromTheBench

Funny how some on here seem to think he's out of favour as he's not a starter at the moment. He's just a kid who only had last season as a season of professional football, and he only played so much because the team was so poor. Hopefully he understands that long term he's got a huge future here, but he'll have to be a sub this season, but it's just the normal progression of youngsters really. Him being subbed on every game shows that van gaal does rate him.
He'll be a real test for Van Gaal's rotation, squad management and also man management ability.

For me he somewhat mismanaged the Welbeck situation as it is in that regard though that was more borderline short term vs long term case, but he will just have to do better with Januzaj and bring him on as well. (And find his best position to begin with..)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's a shame we've less games this season to facilitate him. I'm sure he knows it'll be difficult to receive regular game time this season and he must be patient.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
With the purchases of Falcao and Di Maria and no games in Europe, I really don't see how Adnan will get minutes this season. Even if he had come off the bench yesterday and gotten and assist and a goal, who would get dropped for him? Mata is the only possibility, but his performance levels would have drop for that to happen, and against QPR at least he was good.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
In a parallel (and perhaps saner) universe a 19 year old in his second season of professional football playing a part of every game in a star studded team under a renowned manager would be a positive development. Now he's not starting every week, a mere 5 games into the season, it's apparently the end of his career. People are bonkers. He's played nearly 200 minutes of football this season. Which is nearly 200 more than he'd played this time last year. He'll get plenty of chances.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Was a bad decision to shoot. I don't care that we were coasting and it didn't really matter. RvP has had a slow start to the season, a goal might have got him going! he was open, Adnan just had to slide the ball across. Poor decision. If he wants to play from the start then he has to do better than that.

Devil may care

Last season we were so freakishly bad that we were relying on an 18 year old in his first season of senior football to dig us out and entertain us, it's distorted the expectation of his development. LvG has given him minutes in every PL game if I'm not mistaken and I think as the season goes on he'll start to push Mata hard for the #10 role. I see little point in him playing in Herrera or Di Maria's roles when he comes on, he's a pure attacker IMO.

Although he didn't put his chance away and should have squared that left footed attempt @In Rainbows is right to point out that it was good to see him get in those positions even if the end product wasn't there today. He did look a little subdued when he was waiting to come on but he does seem quiet and shy so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Not his best game, and to be honest he has been average every time he has played this season. He has so much potential, but so far this season his decision making has been really poor at times. I get the feeling that he is starting to feel the pressure a bit to perform this season. Last season he basically had no pressure on him as he was breaking through, but this season expectations are high. Probably to high to be honest, and I feel it is getting to him a bit. Really needs a few full games in a row to settle himself back down and get back to doing what he does best.

Status
Not open for further replies.