Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He might have the technique to pass but he's lightyears behind even Eriksen and Oscar, let alone Fabregas, Silva and Modric when it comes to decision making.
Oh no! His decision making isn't as good as some of the best players in the league/world that are 3+ years older than him. What shall we ever do?

mu77

not very good today. he's been meh since he signed the new deal.

Ringo 07

LVG should not be playing Januzaj in tough away games. He was non existent tonight. Absolutely atrocious. Our next game home to Burnley is the only type of game Januzaj should get game time in

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Wow, didn't expect this reaction. For the 15 minutes after they scored all of our creativity was down the left flank with him and Shaw. He played a few good one twos with Shaw, and was one of the only players to actually try an incisive pass.

NoLogo

Not a good day for him but it's clearly not his position so deep in midfield either. The strange thing about van Gaal is that he talks about our lack of balance but than plays Rooney and him in CM which makes the side even less balanced than with Herrera or Feallini in it.

In Rainbows

Wow, didn't expect this reaction. For the 15 minutes after they scored all of our creativity was down the left flank with him and Shaw. He played a few good one twos with Shaw, and was one of the only players to actually try an incisive pass.
He also made good runs out wide to take defenders away from Shaw. Both of them did fine in the 2nd half.

PvsNP

I still feel a loan would've benefited him hugely instead of staying with us this season.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was mediocre but again I feel he's the one who'll make something happen. I dont get that from our strikers.
He doesn't build off the momentum of the move, but slows it down again then speeds up, rather than getting the job done quickly enough to catch the defence out.

It's like watching Moussa Dembele; has to have his moment to show how skillful he is, even if it slows the team down. Incredibly irritating.

Last edited:

JonDahl

He should only play on the wing, and seeing as we don't play with wingers, he shouldn't be playing.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
If we had won, Januzaj would not be talked about in this manner. But since we didnt, every player gets bullocked, often unfairly.

Kounan

I liked him a lot, him and Shaw. He did have some bad passes, but you could see the idea behind them and some of them were the kind of passes which the defender stops, or if it goes through, it's a huge chance and usually this balls don't go through.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I didn't think he was bad today. In the first half where we offered nothing he was the most creative option.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Gave him a 5 today. Did some good things, still gets himself crowded out too much.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
LVG should not be playing Januzaj in tough away games. He was non existent tonight. Absolutely atrocious. Our next game home to Burnley is the only type of game Januzaj should get game time in
You want him up against Boyd and Trippier? Really? Mo Farah gets worn out by those two.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not a particularly impressive performance. Perhaps was a mistake starting him today, at the expense of the Fellaini or Herrera. His football intelligence is just not there yet.

Sam

Playing a young winger in central midfield against West Ham away didn't work?

Blimey, who would have predicted that one?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I thought it was a decent effort. Not a great game for his display his qualities with so many passes bypassing the midfield and against a team like West Ham but he tried to get involved and he wasn't bad.

Raw

He was average today, which is still better than the other more 'experienced' players. That thing he does where he slowly dribbles right into a crowd of opposing players is pretty frustrating.

VanGaalEra

Playing a young winger in central midfield against West Ham away didn't work?

Blimey, who would have predicted that one?
Exactly, it bugs me. Could have quite easily had him playing at the tip of the diamond and he would have been a lot more comfortable.

Though IMO, he shouldn't have started away to West Ham and that spot could have gone to Fellaini.

ADM the LCM.
Fellaini the RCM
Rooney at the tip.

Would have made much more sense in a game like this.

Sam

Exactly, it bugs me. Could have quite easily had him playing at the tip of the diamond and he would have been a lot more comfortable.

Though IMO, he shouldn't have started away to West Ham and that spot could have gone to Fellaini.

ADM the LCM.
Fellaini the RCM
Rooney at the tip.

Would have made much more sense in a game like this.
Considering he's barely played this season, throwing him into a game away at West Ham, in central bloody midfield, is bloody mental. There is no logic or sense behind it. Its just fecking stupid.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Could not agree more. He wasn't great but I thought, in the 2nd half especially, he looked our best creative outlet. Him and Shaw combined well for a patch too. Was a disgrace that he got subbed off while Di Maria stayed on the pitch.

thejtrain

Still better than Radamael falcao...
That's hardly a feat, is it? Anyway, I think LvG should manage him better. He should only be starting games against lowly teams at home which is really handful. He should only be coming on in away games if/when the points are in the bag.

The_Midfielder

That's hardly a feat, is it? Anyway, I think LvG should manage him better. He should only be starting games against lowly teams at home which is really handful. He should only be coming on in away games if/when the points are in the bag.
Shaw not being a Evra/Rafa offensively might also slow his impact?

m1y2

I think he made some good combination of play with Shaw on that left hand side but overall wasn't convincing but who was? Don!t get why people are all over Januzaj when you see absolutely disgraceful performances from senior players like Rooney or RVP. DiMaría had a poor game also..

And why the hell don't we switch him with diMaría so they could play in their natural positions ffs?
This arrogant genious on the bench needs to get a grip or has to go..

SammyUnited_83

I find it strange that he is all of a sudden back in the team as he didn't seem to be anywhere near the squad for a few months.

Not really kicked on and I can see his position in the squad over the summer being under threat if he doesn't improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.