5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boycott

What I liked when he broke through under David Moyes was he carried a sense of composure and intelligence to his game. I think he's a 10 in the mould of Cazorla who can drift around the pitch and dribble at players.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He might benefit from going out on loan. I actually don't know anymore. He still looks ridiculously raw. It's obvious that he has bags upon bags of potential, it's just his decision making at times can be way off.

Doesn't play enough at the moment - probably doesn't help with how Mata and Young have been playing this season. Like ADM, maybe they just need to adapt their game a little to Van Gaal's system. How? I'm not sure, but it's just not clicking for Januzaj at the moment. I know it's just cameo appearances, but he doesn't seem to have stepped up from last season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Overall poor this season, however was overhyped last season.
Anyway I still think he has a lot of talent and will come good. He has had a few decent to good performances this season, just not enough of them.

HabeasC

Needs a loan, preferably at a team that plays good football like swansea. At the minute he is only regressing.

Sylar

What are his stats like when playing on the left vs right? Id be interested because it seems like hes much more productive on the left in terms of goals / assists where he can use the width and protect the ball.
On the right, given hes left footed, he seems to lose it more and cannot protect the ball at all meaning he cuts in so much.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What I liked when he broke through under David Moyes was he carried a sense of composure and intelligence to his game. I think he's a 10 in the mould of Cazorla who can drift around the pitch and dribble at players.
Cazorla has played in CM controlling matches an awful lot, Januzaj is nothing like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure what it is, but apart from like 2 or 3 sub appearances, he has been really poor all season. Looked pretty slow, weak, lacking ideas, lingers too much on the ball, constantly picking the wrong decision, and just complete void of confidence. Hopefully he improves next season because he was class last year and looked very creative and hard to handle for teams, and it wasn't just because the rest were shite. Definitely think it would have been better for him if he didn't go to the world cup at all because I think all the stardom might have gone to his head after last season, breaking in the team, being so good for us, and then going to the world cup at 19. This season he's just looked like he was disappointed at not being a starter and never properly recovered.

Also it's not that he's had a lack of games... It's the way those games are spread out which is the problem. He'd have a run of like 6 starts, then be out of the team for months. If he got a start here and there, but constant subs so he makes appearances in most games, he'd be a lot better off IMO. I doubt he has been working his ass off in training though, because he would play more if he was.

Skills

Snitch
Seems like the type of player who would do well when a team is playing well, knitting moves together as part of a machine. Not really a super sub type as he can't really add anything that can dramatically turn a game around - i.e. roast a full back, create a chance through a great cross/pass or score a screamer from 30 yards.

Ole240599

Looked like he has added some muscle to his frame. Don't subscribe to all the negativity, he played for 15 mins for the first time in weeks. Let's continue to build with the youth and they will come good.

LLMU

He really needs a run of games. Looks awkward and not making the right decision on the field. A loan move would do him good next season.

ricky-romeo

Number one on my list to go out on loan next season. Not that i dont want him on the team but he desperately needs playing time to improve and progress as a player. Time is still on his side of course.

He needs games somewhere. At the moment he looks like he's getting left behind with the development of our play.

Water Melon

Number one on my list to go out on loan next season. Not that i dont want him on the team but he desperately needs playing time to improve and progress as a player. Time is still on his side of course.
He needs games somewhere. At the moment he looks like he's getting left behind with the development of our play.
These above. I'd loan him to a counter-attacking team, where he would learn how to defend when opposition have the ball and improve his decision-making, as counter-attacks are meant to be thought and executed quickly.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Dunno what to make of him really....

Not just on today but, I really don't know what he brings to the table.
He's not a great crosser, not a great passer, he's not exactly fast for someone who plays out wide, he doesn't offer much of a goal threat....I'm not really sure what people are seeing in him to be honest.

Having said that, I'm only a supporter and an observer. I don't know what happens on the training ground or how a manager identifies strengths in a player to suit their "philosophy"

Maybe a loan....Unless Big Louis decides to ship him off

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Dunno what to make of him really....

Not just on today but, I really don't know what he brings to the table.
He's not a great crosser, not a great passer, he's not exactly fast for someone who plays out wide, he doesn't offer much of a goal threat....I'm not really sure what people are seeing in him to be honest.

Having said that, I'm only a supporter and an observer. I don't know what happens on the training ground or how a manager identifies strengths in a player to suit their "philosophy"

Maybe a loan....Unless Big Louis decides to ship him off
Funny enough I pretty much agree with those statements, although I think his talents are still there for all to see, and he is a goal threat, he always looks like he can make something happen in terms of scoring a goal, sometimes though he makes the wrong decisions (shooting instead of passing)

He has great ability on the ball, quick feet, is a very confident player who plays very positively (not afraid to take his man on and go for goal, take responsibility on his shoulders to make things happen)

I think he just needs a good season under his belt, probably on loan, and he'll be ok.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He needs to sort himself out in the summer. For a player with such a wide range of abilities he does the same thing time after time whether it works or not - take the defender on one on one, try and beat him with a burst of pace, fail, repeat.

Hopefully we see a better adnan januzaj next season. I'm still confident about him becoming q fine player. Just needs a run of good form to get his confidence back up.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's not a winger, not a very good one at least.

His form hasn't been helped by Van Gaal freezing him out for long stretches and then again bringing him back from nowhere.

Talent is blatantly obvious though. Macheda comparisons are laughable.

ZDwyr

Think he needs a loan next season. Get playing some football week-in-week-out so he can develop. He was frustrating against Chelsea but he would have been very rusty so it is understandable in a way.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
He has to go back to doing the simple things right, and then build on that. He seems to lose the ball almost every time he gets it, because he wants to try and take on his man even when there's practically no chance of it succeeding (probably because he knows he failed earlier and want to redeem himself). Just accept that occasionally you have to play the boring pass and get back into position, and maybe you'll have a better chance next time. He's trying to dribble through players, kick the ball ahead and trying to outrun a fast full-back etc. He's obviously not in form, but he needs to learn how to play when he isn't because he's been pretty much useless almost every time he's come on this season.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Funny enough I pretty much agree with those statements, although I think his talents are still there for all to see

I think he just needs a good season under his belt, probably on loan, and he'll be ok.
Where is this talent though? honestly I don't get the hype that surrounds him at all. I can't see what he offers to us. He loses the ball constantly, offers no goal threat, can't create anything through a pass or dribble. Right now he's nowhere near good enough to play for us.

Anyway he will be off out on loan next year So see how he goes.

Tbh though I think he will just end up like cleverly.

El-Manos

Wasn't expecting him to contribute much against a tough Chelsea team that was parking the bus in a 15minute sub to be honest. Hopefully once we have secured top 4, he will feature more and actually start games that will give him the opportunity to grow in confidence again. He has the ability, there is no doubt about that.

El Zoido

How many loans actually work out? Welbeck, just about, but who else?

It just feels that as soon as a player goes out on loan, he's passed around before being sold for a pittance. I don't see a loan move doing anything for him, if he's going to be good enough for us then he needs to be training with LVG and the squad and getting first team minutes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's an excellent passer. That was the thing that stood out in his early first team appearances above all in fact. His decision making is the problem at the moment.

And he was absolutely capable of scoring a screamer in the reserves, not like you just lose that. I do think he needs games though, maybe in Portugal or Holland if not the premier league, though I'm pretty sure there'd be english teams falling all over themselves to get him if we made him available.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

It just feels that as soon as a player goes out on loan, he's passed around before being sold for a pittance. I don't see a loan move doing anything for him, if he's going to be good enough for us then he needs to be training with LVG and the squad and getting first team minutes.
Evans, welbeck, Cleverley, Beckham, pretty much the majority of youngsters who've ended up playing first team football for us have gone on loan at some point.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

For younger players, unless they are Cristiano Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney who are going straight into the first team, loans are essential to develop their skills in a starting XI setting. Januzaj is never going to reach his potential with 10-15 irregular cameo appearances with us. He needs consistent football every week to gain confidence against real time opposition as opposed to just training and reserve matches.

khoazany

I doubt he has been working his ass off in training though, because he would play more if he was.
He has played ahead of Herrera and Mata at one point and LVG said it's due to who's better in training.Do you think he can do that without working his ass off?

Not sure why anyone could claim they have watched him enough and said he's not a good passer.He's a very good passer.That's one of his best attributes, more so than his dribbling.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

There's a lot of players having good loan spells - we have some going at the moment. Out of the current first teamers, Evans had a good loan spell at Sunderland. Unless you're ridiculously talented there's no other way really, not with the way youth football in England is currently "working".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He probably was overrated last season, but some act as if he was shit last season, whilst he was amongst our best players almost every match in his debut season. He has been poor this season, needs a loan.
I said this then as well. There were actually some comparing him to a young Cristiano Ronaldo at the time. He was very good last year and should've probably gone on loan to build on that this year, although I can imagine LvG wanted to keep him around after Nani went on loan and the effectiveness of Ashley Young was a question mark.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He needs to sort himself out in the summer. For a player with such a wide range of abilities he does the same thing time after time whether it works or not - take the defender on one on one, try and beat him with a burst of pace, fail, repeat.

Hopefully we see a better adnan januzaj next season. I'm still confident about him becoming q fine player. Just needs a run of good form to get his confidence back up.
That's something that really annoys me about him. Its like he's trying to play as a flying winger, beat players with pace and strength when that just isn't his game. He's got average pace but has loads of ability on the ball, he shouldn't be trying to kick in run past an opponent because they'll out muscle him easily and outrun him.

LR7

Avoided this thread because I knew the reaction would be over the top. Safe to say I wasn't disappointed.

The only thing yesterday tells us is that he needs more games. He's like Di Maria in that he always wants to take his man on but I think they're both low on confidence at the moment and that is something they will only get back through playing.

Having watched Adnan thought the U18s and U21s I will always believe in his potential. I still think he will be amazing but he needs games. If Everton are willing to take him on loan next season that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Deulofeu did ok on loan there. Selling him though shouldn't even be a consideration.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's something that really annoys me about him. Its like he's trying to play as a flying winger, beat players with pace and strength when that just isn't his game. He's got average pace but has loads of ability on the ball, he shouldn't be trying to kick in run past an opponent because they'll out muscle him easily and outrun him.
Yeah im sure it's a phase. Most young players who aren't rooney or Fabregas or messi go through these phases.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Avoided this thread because I knew the reaction would be over the top. Safe to say I wasn't disappointed.

The only thing yesterday tells us is that he needs more games. He's like Di Maria in that he always wants to take his man on but I think they're both low on confidence at the moment and that is something they will only get back through playing.

Having watched Adnan thought the U18s and U21s I will always believe in his potential. I still think he will be amazing but he needs games. If Everton are willing to take him on loan next season that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Deulofeu did ok on loan there. Selling him though shouldn't even be a consideration.
Same boat as you, he's having a poor time but having watched the youth for so long, if someone with his talent cant come through here then we might as well shut the whole thing down.
Right now it does look best if he could get a loan to someone who'd give him a run of games, particuarly if we bring in a Depay or similar this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.