5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosec

He's too good to go on loan. He just needs a couple of good games to win a place in the first 11, he has the quality.

If he is to go on loan, I'd rather see him go to Everton or another midtable PL club than to PSV, surely he'll have a lot of offers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's too good to go on loan. He just needs a couple of good games to win a place in the first 11, he has the quality.

If he is to go on loan, I'd rather see him go to Everton or another midtable PL club than to PSV, surely he'll have a lot of offers.
Has he done anything this year to make you think he's "too good to go on loan" ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Part of any Depay deal? Januzaj to spend a year on loan there perhaps?
Would be a fantastic deal for PSV, as they'd get money plus a fantastic young player for a year. Would be fantastic for Adnan as well as he'd probably play a good bit. Not sure if he'd get as much time at Everton.

ThanksBoss26

Would be a fantastic deal for PSV, as they'd get money plus a fantastic young player for a year. Would be fantastic for Adnan as well as he'd probably play a good bit. Not sure if he'd get as much time at Everton.
Might give us the edge if we are trying to get him in terms of PSV's preference though ultimately the player will decide.

But yes, I'd rather him go to PSV on loan than Everton personally to get Champions League and European experience.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Interesting. I can certainly see the benefit of a 6 month loan for Adnan out there at least. Close to home - Eindhoven to Brussels is 1hour 41 mins according to Google by car.

Instantly a star player. A flowing style in which he could thrive - score goals and run the show creatively without overburdening on the defensive side too much. Massive confidence booster potential with European football included - something Premier League options may not offer.

Would prefer him to head to Everton, Swansea or a Steve McClaren managed Newcastle so he could hurt title rivals but if that's not on the cards, this is very welcome as a Depay downpayment.

Out of interest, Brussles wiki says 9% of the population speak French and Dutch, Adnan has a very multicultural background, if he's already familiar with the language - this makes adds to the logic too.

Smores

Was all very predictable this, so many on here were pushing that he'd still get enough game time despite the signings and LvGs early formations.

Now it seems the consensus is he's moved from amazing to stalling but that's nothing more than an indication of his limited game time as far as I'm concerned.

If he goes out on a loan I'm not sure we'll see him again, its up to LvG to nurture him, the lads certainly ready.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Was all very predictable this, so many on here were pushing that he'd still get enough game time despite the signings and LvGs early formations.

Now it seems the consensus is he's moved from amazing to stalling but that's nothing more than an indication of his limited game time as far as I'm concerned.

If he goes out on a loan I'm not sure we'll see him again, its up to LvG to nurture him, the lads certainly ready.
We all agree its because of his limited game time. We're not going to play him at the expense of the squad just for experimentation purposes, which is why there seems to be a growing consensus that he needs a loan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be a good deal for all parties if included in the Depay deal. Give them the money as well as adnan for the season, he can get some confidence back and develop with proper game time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Out of interest, Brussles wiki says 9% of the population speak French and Dutch, Adnan has a very multicultural background, if he's already familiar with the language - this makes adds to the logic too.
Fairly sure he speaks both.

I'm on the fence of if he should go on loan or not. I'd rather not but if we sign Depay then his playing time will still be low so I'd be for it. I'm against him going to PSV though, I don't think an Eredivisie loan does him any good. He'll still be inexperienced in the PL and still have to get more used to the physicality of it. He'd easily get playing time at a place like Everton especially if Mirallas leaves. He is miles better than Lennon or McGeady. @NL Max has also said that PSV play a counter style which is the complete opposite of us so there is no point him going to a side who play a completely different game to van Gaal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fairly sure he speaks both.

I'm on the fence of if he should go on loan or not. I'd rather not but if we sign Depay then his playing time will still be low so I'd be for it. I'm against him going to PSV though, I don't think an Eredivisie loan does him any good. He'll still be inexperienced in the PL and still have to get more used to the physicality of it. He'd easily get playing time at a place like Everton especially if Mirallas leaves. He is miles better than Lennon or McGeady. @NL Max has also said that PSV play a counter style which is the complete opposite of us so there is no point him going to a side who play a completely different game to van Gaal.
I'd prefer to have a 20 years old player, working on his technique and tactic than adapting to the physicality of the premier league.

limerickcitykid

I'd prefer to have a 20 years old player, working on his technique and tactic than adapting to the physicality of the premier league.
Because the PL is only about physicality right? No technique and tactics on show here. I'd rather a 20 year old getting experience for what he is actually going to need to play.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because the PL is only about physicality right? No technique and tactics on show here.
You are the one who used the physicality of the league as an argument for him to play in PL. I think that any team who can provide him coaching in decision making, Technique and Tactic is more important. I also only see Southampton and Everton able to provide him that in the PL.
I don't put Swansea because I believe that he also needs to play at the top end of a league, because the pressure of the results is higher, seeing him gain some experience in European competitions is also a good thing.

The interesting things with PSV is that next season, he could play cups finals every weekend, he could play in Europe and the dutch coaches are good.

limerickcitykid

You are the one who used the physicality of the league as an argument for him to play in PL. I think that any team who can provide him coaching in decision making, Technique and Tactic is more important. I also only see Southampton and Everton able to provide him that in the PL.
I don't put Swansea because I believe that he also needs to play at the top end of a league, because the pressure of the results is higher, seeing him gain some experience in European competitions is also a good thing.

The interesting things with PSV is that next season, he could play cups finals every weekend, he could play in Europe and the dutch coaches are good.
Yes the added bonus of getting used to dealing with the physicality of the PL. Obviously it isn't the only plus of a PL loan, there is still loads of good technical and tactical talent on show in the PL and there are some great coaches as well. Swansea is higher than Everton in the table. I also think 30+ games in the PL is better experience than what would likely only be 6 in the CL.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As long as there's no sale clause involved, that would be a good loan. Still feel he could have a big impact but lvg knows what he needs best.

khoazany

PSV?Forget it.They're a good club but Dutch league is shit, he needs to face proper oppositions at this stage of his development.

Amir

PSV?Forget it.They're a good club but Dutch league is shit, he needs to face proper oppositions at this stage of his development.
I don't see that prevents clubs from signings players from the Netherlands. Maybe us with Depay as well...

khoazany

I don't see that prevents clubs from signings players from the Netherlands. Maybe us with Depay as well...
And many of them have failed.Also it's irrelevant to the average quality of the league.Many players signed from Belgian league as well.The gulf in quality between Dutch top clubs and the rest is shocking.We should send him to an as competitive as possible environment, whilst ensuring that he can get enough game times.If there's a PL club that fit the bill, why bother send him to another league?

Last edited:

Amir

And many of them have failed.Also it's irrelevant to the average quality of the league.Many players signed from Belgian league as well.The gulf in quality between Dutch top clubs and the rest is shocking.We should send him to an as competitive as possible environment, whilst ensuring that he can get enough game times.If there's a PL club that fit the bill, why bother send him to another league?
Of course the right PL club would be the best option, it always is. But those sometimes just don't exist.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
So I did a little research about Brands' (does the transfers at PSV) quotes about Januzaj.

It's behind a pay-wall but I've read most of it thanks to copy-and-paste sites. Basically they talked about the upcoming departure of Memphis and how they want to replace him. They gave him 5 options:
-Promote youth
-Buy from subtop in the Eredivisie
-Buy from top in the Eredivisie
-Loan a player from a topclub
-Loan a player with an option to buy

He replied to all those options and said Januzaj is on the list for a possible loan (probably without buying, like PSV currently do with Rekik and Isimat-Mirin). He realises the ED isn't what it used to be but also said it can be a good opportunity for young a player to show themselves and get confidence back, he hopes with CL he can convince some top players (which Januzaj would be in the ED) to play in Eindhoven.

I read nothing about them already informing about him, or if they even are going to. They might promote Bergwijn, buy Corona or someone else, move Locadia there or loan someone else. Nothing is set in stone, it's just that PSV would like to loan him - it will depend on Adnan and van Gaal.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
So I did a little research about Brands' (does the transfers at PSV) quotes about Januzaj.

It's behind a pay-wall but I've read most of it thanks to copy-and-paste sites. Basically they talked about the upcoming departure of Memphis and how they want to replace him. They gave him 5 options:
-Promote youth
-Buy from subtop in the Eredivisie
-Buy from top in the Eredivisie
-Loan a player from a topclub
-Loan a player with an option to buy

He replied to all those options and said Januzaj is on the list for a possible loan (probably without buying, like PSV currently do with Rekik and Isimat-Mirin). He realises the ED isn't what it used to be but also said it can be a good opportunity for young a player to show themselves and get confidence back, he hopes with CL he can convince some top players (which Januzaj would be in the ED) to play in Eindhoven.

I read nothing about them already informing about him, or if they even are going to. They might promote Bergwijn, buy Corona or someone else, move Locadia there or loan someone else. Nothing is set in stone, it's just that PSV would like to loan him - it will depend on Adnan and van Gaal.
LVG will undoubtedly want to keep him in the PL, one way or another. The only way he would end up at PSV would be in a deal for Depay imo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd love to see Januzaj take a loan like that. Would show intelligence and the right attitude in my opinion. If he kicks up a fuss about not getting time here or wanting a loan elsewhere I'll be disappointed.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
LVG will undoubtedly want to keep him in the PL, one way or another. The only way he would end up at PSV would be in a deal for Depay imo.
I know van Gaal prefers to keep talents at the club, since they'll learn nothing about his ways if they're at a different club (no matter what league). When he doesn't have a place for them at the time he might loan them out, although I'm not convinced he will loan him out yet.

Atsu from Chelsea got loaned to Everton and only played a handfull of matches, at PSV Januzaj will get much more. It's difficult to find a PL club which will play him alot. Of course it'll be a step down but it might benefit him in the long run, another year mostly spent on the bench won't be good for him.

If there's any news about PSV which is ManUtd related I'll post it. Brands' named Pereira in that same interview, they might loan him too (or just him). Again - nothing done and dusted yet (at least not on the copy and paste sites ;)).

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I know van Gaal prefers to keep talents at the club, since they'll learn nothing about his ways if they're at a different club (no matter what league). When he doesn't have a place for them at the time he might loan them out, although I'm not convinced he will loan him out yet.

Atsu from Chelsea got loaned to Everton and only played a handfull of matches, at PSV Januzaj will get much more. It's difficult to find a PL club which will play him alot. Of course it'll be a step down but it might benefit him in the long run, another year mostly spent on the bench won't be good for him.

If there's any news about PSV which is ManUtd related I'll post it. Brands' named Pereira in that same interview, they might loan him too (or just him). Again - nothing done and dusted yet (at least not on the copy and paste sites ;)).
I'd expect the likes of Pereira, who is further from the first XI than Januzaj, to be more likely of being sent abroad. Although if Mitten is to be believed he doesn't even want to send him away from the PL ideally.

I do completely agree that a loan move would help his development (certainly compared to stagnating on the bench) but I imagined it being to a club like Everton in the Mirallas role.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd expect the likes of Pereira, who is further from the first XI than Januzaj, to be more likely of being sent abroad. Although if Mitten is to be believed he doesn't even want to send him away from the PL ideally.

I do completely agree that a loan move would help his development (certainly compared to stagnating on the bench) but I imagined it being to a club like Everton in the Mirallas role.
They're probably comparably far from the first team right now in that neither are likely to play much next year, so a loan would suit both.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding

Atsu isn't as talented as Januzaj though (i think). Januzaj is known throughout the league for his talents, i'm certain he would be a starter for every bottom half team.

FromTheBench

Atsu isn't as talented as Januzaj though (i think). Januzaj is known throughout the league for his talents, i'm certain he would be a starter for every bottom half team.
Yep, Zaha is getting good game time at Palace.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
I'm actually quite a fan of Atsu, he's one of the few talents I expect to make it at Chelsea if he steps it up a notch. Great player when he was at Vitesse and for the national team of Ghana too.

I personally think van Gaal will keep Januzaj though since he doesn't like to loan out players, but if he is going to be loaned out a PL club where he will get alot of games will be preferred ofcourse. PSV wouldn't be a bad choice if those clubs can't guarantee him game time though. I just posted what the article said, I'm not trying to advocate he should go to PSV (even though I'd like it :rolleyes:).

FromTheBench

Yep, our Subs get blown on injuries too often.

Or Di Maria is on the bench to come on ahead of him.

ricky-romeo

PSV would be a great choice for him next season. He desperately needs playing time and the dutch league is a good place to play and progress as a player.

Kakeru

No questions. I think Januzaj should have a loan spell at PSV too if he play on a regular basis with an approach that has many similarities with Van Gaal's. He's wasted on the bench right now IMHO.

beergod

Agreed. Another point is that competing for titles requires consistency, which is always an issue with younger players.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He needs a loan deal that will guarantee him a first team spot. There is absolutely no benefit to sending him on loan to Everton to be a bench warmer.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Has he done anything this year to make you think he's "too good to go on loan" ?
Just read that back and completely agree with you. This over-inflation of 4 goals in a terrible campaign last season needs to stop. He was one of few positives last season, we all agree but there's a magical level he's reached amongst some that is simply unjustified.

He's "too good" for what exactly? A premier League loan to any team right now? No. PSV? No. Quite frankly, as long as he can get game time and work on his attacking and creative play, delivering consistency in particular, then he should go to whoever offers at top level. If a club is happy to conform to position and even formation requirements of Louis or are in Europe, the better.

He needs a loan to any of those options because right now he's nowhere near the first team and can barely make the bench. That's not even mentioning this season's form has been woeful. Second season syndrome perhaps but if Louis can't see the potential and value to include him next year and ships him on loan, he'll only have himself to blame.

Last edited:

El-Manos

It's funny how easily people forget how good he was last season. He stood out last year as one of our key players at 19years old. He stepped up, when the majority of players didn't. That talent didn't go away suddenly, just needs game time right now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's unfortunate for him that the rest of the team isn't strong enough, as we can't really risk playing him and letting him develop. He has probably deserved a few more starts/minutes though.

Think a loan deal is definitely the best option next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.