Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I reckon he'd be the last player in our squad to "brand" himself, so that does seem very unlikely. Didn't he do away with his agent a year or two back?
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/adnan-januzaj-manchester-united-paris-saint-germain

Agent Dirk De Vries apparently. I reckon he'll develop a brand sooner or later. Marketable face playing for the biggest football club commercially, and talented to boot. Teenage girls will flock to him. Just as long as he doesn't trademark a stupid celebration.

RedBistro

Because of Giggs' longevity obviously, but what an honour.

Before anyone goes off on one, think before you rant. ;)

RedBistro

Meaning players didn't have their names on the shirt until the advent of the Premier League?

* Sorry OOT JCL Glory Hunter, here.
Yeah only 2 names have been above the 11 Giggs and Januzaj (if true of course), when I first read it quickly I thought "what about the others who wore it?" :lol:.

Spielmacher

You are joking right? I googled the AV25 brand and all I got was internal hard drives :confused:
Can't find it either, but I remember it crystal clear that there was speculation as on why he requested the #25 and many people accused him of ditching the number to push his AV25 label.

Januzaj #11 is brilliant IMO.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/adnan-januzaj-manchester-united-paris-saint-germain

Agent Dirk De Vries apparently. I reckon he'll develop a brand sooner or later. Marketable face playing for the biggest football club commercially, and talented to boot. Teenage girls will flock to him. Just as long as he doesn't trademark a stupid celebration.
Was talking about our current number 25.

I reckon the Januzaj "brand" will be huge, soon enough, no matter what number he wears.

In Rainbows

You stated the number 11 shirt doesn't bring much pressure when compared to the number 7 shirt, so if the number 7 is so prestigious why was it handed to Valencia?

I think you are underestimating what status our assistant manager has given to the 11 shirt. As of now, both shirts will bring great pressure and one will not bring considerably more pressure than the other.
Valencia was arguably our best player in 2012. Most people were in favor of him receiving the number after the season he just had. You should have used Owen as an example.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
My excitement for Januzaj has been totally rejuvenated, can't believe I managed to forget so much about him. The perfect player to get the #11 shirt.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Wow what an honour and the kid is only 19....and people say a shirt number means nothing, this is HUGE news as will it be when we find out who the No.7 is.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The Brazilian Ronaldo also had 99 when he was at Milan because someone else had the 9 I think
Just gonna throw this in because it's linked to Ronaldo.

When he joined Inter, they already had Ivan Zamorano who had the #9, Zamorano didn't want to change number but they made him in the end, he took #18 but had a little + in between the numbers to add up to 9.

Empire

Valencia was arguably our best player in 2012. Most people were in favor of him receiving the number after the season he just had. You should have used Owen as an example.
No, Valencia confirms my point, Owen is not necessary.

All you have to do is arguably be our best player for one season and the 7 shirt is yours, it isn't that much more prestigious than taking over the number 11 shirt, a shirt worn by an absolute club legend measured by his longevity at the top and his prolific nature in terms of medals, that same man will be watching from the dugout as assistant manager whilst this kid is running down the wing with his shirt on his back, that is a lot of pressure.

If he under performs then the cameras don't have to go far to compare him to the man who once wore that shirt.

The number 7 really is not that much more pressure than the 11 shirt in this coming season.

Man Utd 2:1 Valencia

In Rainbows

No, Valencia confirms my point, Owen is not necessary.

All you have to do is arguably be our best player for one season and the 7 shirt is yours, it isn't that much more prestigious than taking over the number 11 shirt, a shirt worn by an absolute club legend measured by his longevity at the top and his prolific nature in terms of medals, that same man will be watching from the dugout as assistant manager whilst this kid is running down the wing with his shirt on his back, that is a lot of pressure.

If he under performs then the cameras don't have to go far to compare him to the man who once wore that shirt.

The number 7 really is not that much more pressure than the 11 shirt in this coming season.
"All you have to do is arguably be our best player for one season." That's really hard to do and I'm not sure why you're underselling that. The whole point of giving him the shirt was to continue his dominant form in that shirt. To be the next magnificent 7. It didn't work out. That's football.

I suppose I view the 11 shirt in the same vein as 18. Giggs is the slightly more decorated player, but it's his number. They're both prestigious numbers, but more because of how attached to the numbers they are. The 7 shirt to me is the star of the team.

JohnnyLaw

Didn't have alot of time but was still able to show a few glimpses of genius. Impressive.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's so positive compared to everyone else, always looking to pass or drive forward. Incredibly comfortable on the ball too.

Hed Zitin

That through ball was just lovely.

He needs to start. I don't care if he isn't totally fit, just let him play 60 minutes.

Rooney Januzaj
Mata​

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
That through ball was just lovely.

He needs to start. I don't care if he isn't totally fit, just let him play 60 minutes.

Rooney Januzaj
Mata​
This is what leads to long term chronic injury problems. He's still growing into his body and has done a lot of strengthening work over the past year. Just let him recuperate fully, no need to take risks when it comes to fitness.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Wow, have to correct another fool. There is no TC23 brand. It was a one off thing for charity.
Yup he clearly created the TC23 brand and planned on launching his merchandise range, after 5 appearances for United, for charity purposes. Wow, you are truly the enlightened one aren't you.

http://www.creativespark.co.uk/work/tom-cleverley-brand-identity-website-and-video

When Tom Cleverley was on the brink of the Manchester United first team, he asked us to create a bespoke brand for him. Tom was aware that in this modern world his ‘off field’ brand identity had to perform as well as he did on the pitch. With that in mind, Tom asked us to create a logo, brand and website for him.

Judging by how his sports management agency has gone into administration and how his website has ceased to exist, he got the part about his off-field brand identity performing as well as he did on the pitch.

Hold on I have just the thing for you.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8074154/Tom-Cleverley-A-Brand-For-Sale...

Jagga7

He's one of the few players in our team who can actually beat a man, this combined with his immense talent means he should start a lot of games this season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yup he clearly created the TC23 brand and planned on launching his merchandise range, after 5 appearances for United, for charity purposes. Wow, you are truly the enlightened one aren't you.

http://www.creativespark.co.uk/work/tom-cleverley-brand-identity-website-and-video

When Tom Cleverley was on the brink of the Manchester United first team, he asked us to create a bespoke brand for him. Tom was aware that in this modern world his ‘off field’ brand identity had to perform as well as he did on the pitch. With that in mind, Tom asked us to create a logo, brand and website for him.

Judging by how his sports management agency has gone into administration and how his website has ceased to exist, he got the part about his off-field brand identity performing as well as he did on the pitch.

Hold on I have just the thing for you.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8074154/Tom-Cleverley-A-Brand-For-Sale...
There is no TC23 brand. There was no merchandise range, as can even be seen in the pics you link to that there is no section on their to buy this so called merchandise range. He has said himself that there is no TC23 brand and it was a one off for charity. So he made a site? It is the same as a twitter/facebook/blog.

Who is asked US to create a logo, brand and website for him? He has also said before that his sponsorship with Adidas is the reason he had his site as they told him to make it.

I'd rather believe the words of Tom himself than some shite article from football365 trying to be funny.

This has nothing to do with Adnan so I'll leave you to live in your dreamland filled with hate for Tom.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
There is no TC23 brand. There was no merchandise range, as can even be seen in the pics you link to that there is no section on their to buy this so called merchandise range. He has said himself that there is no TC23 brand and it was a one off for charity. So he made a site? It is the same as a twitter/facebook/blog.

Who is asked US to create a logo, brand and website for him? He has also said before that his sponsorship with Adidas is the reason he had his site as they told him to make it.

I'd rather believe the words of Tom himself than some shite article from football365 trying to be funny.

This has nothing to do with Adnan so I'll leave you to live in your dreamland filled with hate for Tom.
Do you have quotes to back that up?

The 'US' is the creative spark design agency.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/tom-cleverley-hires-firm-to-work-on-tc23-brand?page=1&commentId=6365595:Comment:245634&x=1#6365595Comment245634

http://www.business-sale.com/news/a...ports-agency-enters-administration-37589.html

There was a TC23 brand but it failed miserably. You are acting as though it never existed...

Have you wondered why he closed his twitter and his website? Do you wonder why they haven't released his merchandise despite planning for it? Have you realised his sports management agency has gone into administration which would have affected his merchandise release?

So yeah he just randomly woke up one day, decided to create a TC23 brand and merchandise release as a one time event for charity purposes. Right.....
If you really think he created his TC23 brand and his failed merchandise release for charity reasons and then just shut it down completely, then there is nothing I can say really.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I think the number 11 suits him more than the 7 at this point, as for some reason I associate him more with Giggs than our past number 7's, though that could just be because we haven't had anyone wearing 7 performing well in recent years.

Though for me it doesn't really matters as it is just a number. Adnan was going to be compared to our past greats regardless of sharing a number with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.