5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

http://www.squawka.com/news/exclusi...cao-and-his-preferred-role-in-van-gaal/174843

Instead, within the blink of an eye, he forcefully insists that he wants a central role at Manchester United: “No.10 of course. That’s my preferred position but I’m happy to play anywhere for the manager. I saw some reports saying I was unhappy, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I love this club and I’m excited to play for this manager. The fans have been so good to me and I want to repay them.”

IwatUwat

http://www.squawka.com/news/exclusi...cao-and-his-preferred-role-in-van-gaal/174843
Instead, within the blink of an eye, he forcefully insists that he wants a central role at Manchester United: “No.10 of course. That’s my preferred position but I’m happy to play anywhere for the manager. I saw some reports saying I was unhappy, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I love this club and I’m excited to play for this manager. The fans have been so good to me and I want to repay them.”
That's what we want to hear. It's just a shame we dont have more competitions to use this squad of attacking players we have built up.

Januzaj in my opinion could be one of our top performers but Im just not sure if he'll get the game time. If he could do the defensive side his position could be wide in a 4-4-2, but not sure this is his most effective.

A 4-3-3 of the below would scare opponents with the attacking ability and players willing to beat a man. But this would involve either playing Rooney or Mata as AM and leaving 2 of Rooney, Mata, RVP on the bench which is quite unlikely IMO.

----Di Maria--------Januzaj
-------------Falcao

Devil may care

If he wants to play centrally and we stick with the 3-5-2 then I guess he is competing with Di Maria, Mata, Rooney and Herrera for a start.

XdanielredX

Despite that uncertainty, Januzaj’s summer move from the No. 44 shirt to the No. 11 shirt perhaps underlined the regard in which he is held by the United hierarchy. Inheriting Ryan Giggs’ number is a proud honour for the youngster.

“I saw some reports saying I was unhappy, that couldn’t be further from the truth," he said. "I love this club and I’m excited to play for this manager. The fans have been so good to me and I want to repay them.”

Reading things like this make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Nice to hear him come out and say that. At the end of the day, they are only words and he will have a lot of interest and temptation from other clubs but if we can keep him happy and further his development, we will have a genuine star.

Dreaded

That's what we want to hear. It's just a shame we dont have more competitions to use this squad of attacking players we have built up.

Januzaj in my opinion could be one of our top performers but Im just not sure if he'll get the game time. If he could do the defensive side his position could be wide in a 4-4-2, but not sure this is his most effective.

A 4-3-3 of the below would scare opponents with the attacking ability and players willing to beat a man. But this would involve either playing Rooney or Mata as AM and leaving 2 of Rooney, Mata, RVP on the bench which is quite unlikely IMO.

----Di Maria--------Januzaj
-------------Falcao
We could invert the 3 and play Januzaj behind them with Di Maria in the midfield 3.

-------Januzaj

----Ronney----Falcao

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Feel for the lad. He deserves to play more but the question is where in this formation? And him wanting to play the #10 position, is that why there are talks about Mata leaving?

IwatUwat

We could invert the 3 and play Januzaj behind them with Di Maria in the midfield 3.

-------Januzaj

----Ronney----Falcao
Personally think Di Maria should play where he's most productive which for me is wide attacking. either front 3 wide. Or on the wing. Havent seen him enough centrally to comment, but wide he's ridiculous

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Personally think Di Maria should play where he's most productive which for me is wide attacking. either front 3 wide. Or on the wing. Havent seen him enough centrally to comment, but wide he's ridiculous
I'd usually agree. But he's brilliant centrally, and with someone disciplined and intelligent like Blind behind him, it'll work really well.

It's very rare to have a guy in the centre who can go from a stand still and sprint past two or three men. We've seen what Yaya does when he feels like it, and Di Maria's capable of something similar.
It's a dimension that even the likes of Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona don't have. A serious weapon.
He's also a great worker and tackler. Him and Herrera would cover so much ground and then they'd still have Blind behind them.

Add someone like Reus or Depay (if he has the season he looks like he will) out wide and I think that's better than someone like Strootman in the centre and Di Maria wide.

It would almost be waste as I don't see many (any?) midfielders who can run through the centre from a stand still, and pass, and do all the off the ball stuff. Whereas there are a number of good wingers who could do a great job here.

Last edited:

Trizy

You know you're good when you're 18, in your debute season and your song for one of the top 4 clubs in the world is telling you about a boy ''who can do anything''. We should try fit him in as much as possible to keep him happy, yes we've a lot of 10s but he'll be here to longest due to age and no reason he can't be the best out of all of them. Kaka 2.0 (Pre-Madrid) ;)

Dante

Average bang
Most young players want to play centrally. Doesn't necessarily mean they know what's best.

I'm actually more interested to see whether LvG continues to take him down either the midfielder or striker route. Adnan's been tried in both, and you can see why. The lad's still young enough to make either position his own.

FromTheBench

He hasn't shown enough to be a number 10. All his performances in that position have been average. His best performances have come from the wing.
He was great vs Norwich when he started there IIRC.

HabeasC

I've never been more certain that we need to change the formation until I looked back at some of the match comps of Adnan. He really was brilliant for us at some points last year.

We have to change to wingers or to a system with 3 CMs, so that he can get some game time. At the minute, there is way too much pressure to be the number 10 in a 352 and he has Mata and Rooney in front of him, playing him in a mf two is a waste. He should definitely not play as a WB.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
He really wasn't. I remember lots were questioning after the game why kagawa wasn't played there instead.
"Lots" as in all the Kagawa Fanboys on the Caf, huh? Ok. Those are some very reasonable bunch of football fans.

Januzaj was really good in that game, won the man of the match but then Kagawa should have played instead...sure.:rolleyes:

In Rainbows

He probably had the Norwich match mistaken for the Swansea match. Januzaj started behind the striker, and Kagawa on the lw. They switched up at halftime and the team performed better. I also thought it was the right move, but not due to Januzaj playing badly. It was more so that it made more sense to play Kagawa in his more effective position and Januzaj could easily play as the winger as he had done all season.

Devil may care

LvG has tested him out in a few roles, even as a CM, and I think one thing at least he must have concluded is that he is wasted as a wingback.

HabeasC

JANUZAJ INSISTS HE’S COMMITTED TO MAN UTD: I LOVE THIS CLUB

Adnan Januzaj insists he’s committed to Manchester United.

Januzaj says he has not become unsettled by the arrival of Angel di Maria and Radamel Falcao and says he is happy at Old Trafford.

When asked where he would prefer to play,
Adnan Januzaj said:
“No. 10 of course. That’s my preferred position, but I’m happy to play anywhere for the manager.

“I saw some reports saying I was unhappy. That couldn’t be further from the truth.

“I love this club and I’m excited to play for this manager. The fans have been so good to me and I want to repay them.”

Man Utd 4:0 Q.P.R.

In Rainbows

Januzaj is too eager to get on the score sheet. For the youth team he rarely went for goal, but for the first team tries to go for goal more often. Needs to learn that making the right decision is what will earn him minutes, not a goal. Think he's going for glory more often due to not being a starter.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Too keen to make his mark when an assist would have been just as impressive. Nothing to worry about.
I'd even say an assist would have been more impressive, I'm sure the coach and his teammate would have appreciated it more but nothing to worry about. RVP's face afterwards was priceless

LLMU

Wouldn't mind him taking the shot rather than pass to RvP. If that went in, we will say what a genius he is. At 4-0 up, that mistake should be forgiven.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well really not impressed with his selfishness today, hope he could cut that out.

Kag

Selfish my hoop. Not much game time, probably not all that confident, there should be no holding back this lad from showing his capabilities in a game such as this. When they fly in, and they will, we'll be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.