Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'd rather he be criticised for daft decision making than be totally 'dead' as a player and offer feck all going forwards. Yesterday he proved he has a lot to give if he can be moulded properly... there were times during this season he played at the pace of a snail and had no desire to take a man on. Yesterday he was full of confidence but he just needs to execute all aspects of the game with more polish and cut out the clumsiness.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I was very happy at the way he at least attemped to take on his man. Yes, he wanted too much and it was pretty frustratung to watch. Had the rest of the team played well, it wouldhave been encouraged. Remember how frustrating Ronaldo was at the start?

wiz4231

He's a top talent and showed it yesterday, I thought he played well. As the 10# he was good and I believe that is the position he will grow into. Its now weather he will reach his potential in LVG philosophy or not, I mean in the diamond formation were currently playing. I can really see him progress only if we play in a 4231/433 formation as back up to Rooney

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's a top talent and showed it yesterday, I thought he played well. As the 10# he was good and I believe that is the position he will grow into. Its now weather he will reach his potential in LVG philosophy or not, I mean in the diamond formation were currently playing. I can really see him progress only if we play in a 4231/433 formation as back up to Rooney
He wasnt good in the no. 10 position, he didnt create anything and was not enough on the ball. He was a bit better when he played on the wing as he got more space. But still, he lost way too many balls and seriously needs to improve his form. TBF, he also needs games

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked much better when we switched to 4-4-2, along with Di Maria. I think stretching the game out and playing at a quicker tempo suits our players, they just don't know how to play the slow possession game. It may not be to Van Gaals liking, but we just do not look a threat when bumbling up and down the pitch.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Happy with Januzaj against Burnley, he was thinking positive and trying to do something.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He's actually one of the few players who's capable of playing 'philosophy'. I know he said he was struggling with the defensive side of the game but his style of play is well suited to 'philosophy'.

ricky-romeo

I was very happy at the way he at least attemped to take on his man. Yes, he wanted too much and it was pretty frustratung to watch. Had the rest of the team played well, it wouldhave been encouraged. Remember how frustrating Ronaldo was at the start?
this. not his best performance but he was okay.

SirAF

Ageist
Happy with Januzaj against Burnley, he was thinking positive and trying to do something.
I agree, my only complaint with him yesterday is the silly fouls he kept giving away. Rooney is also a master of those.. especially when challenging in the air.

Member 39557

He kept trying to beat too many players for me which sometimes meant he played himself into trouble. I like seeing players dribble past their opponents, but sometimes you need to pick and choose your attempts. He's probably just a bit over eager at the moment.

bpet15

The boy will be just fine - he is one of only two players (ADM) that have the ability to make a run with the ball that is more than 20 meters.

The caf is all over the map on this one. He gets slammed when he plays too safe and he gets slammed when he takes chances and they don't come off.

Unfortunately, any player with creativity is going to struggle in this system because our lack of movement. The creative types like ADM and Adnan need space and we create absolutely none. I still haven't figured out if it is the players or the system or a combination of both - either way something has to change as the only positive at the moment are the results. Our current style of play is almost unwatchable at the moment.

Raw

I don't think he should be starting tough away games like West Ham, keep him for home appearances against relatively easy teams.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had Januzaj's shot not been blocked on the line verdicts on his performance would be more positive. I thought he played well. In the first half he was running down blind alleys, but everyone was rubbish in the first half so I can't hold that against him. In the second half he took players on, committed people and while he didn't always make the best decisions he gave Burnley something to worry about. I was pleased to see him look more like his old self. I remember how awful he was against West Brom, last night was a big step back towards what we wanna see from Januzaj.

Roboc7

He did ok, still not back to his best and a work in progress but the talent and potential are definitely there. With us trying to play Falcao and RVP up front I think LVG has realised he needs someone else other than Di Maria who is going to try and beat players. I think it is very difficult to play behind those 2 though because their movement is too similar and limited to certain areas of the pitch and Falcao’s attempts at hold up play are so bad it is almost laughable at times

Fergies Formula

I was very impressed with the game and he showed great courage and ability. He looks to be gaining some good form within a team who is struggling, I can imagine in a team who was on fire (like chelsea) he would be even better. It must be hard when everyone around you fails to show the same level of courage and zest for the game.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
One problem with him right now is he's desperate to score a goal or do something spectacular. He really needs a few to give him that composure.
i agree. was a big shame that his attempt got cleared off the line. would be a weight off his back, i'm sure.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He needs to learn when to take an extra touch on the ball and when to get it in quickly, he must be frustrating to play with at times, as was Ronaldo in his first 3 years here, it will come with experience.
I really like the kid, I'm aching for Wilson, Shaw and Adnan to be the cornerstones of our team for the next decade.

bpet15

He needs to learn when to take an extra touch on the ball and when to get it in quickly, he must be frustrating to play with at times, as was Ronaldo in his first 3 years here, it will come with experience.
I really like the kid, I'm aching for Wilson, Shaw and Adnan to be the cornerstones of our team for the next decade.
I agree - and hope LVG builds with these players in mind. He should build straight up the middle and that means he needs to get in a proper (under 25) holding midfielder and at least 1 proper center half that is also young.

I realize these players do not grow on trees but if he could solidify up the middle with young talent - we could fill in the rest.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The boy will be just fine - he is one of only two players (ADM) that have the ability to make a run with the ball that is more than 20 meters.

The caf is all over the map on this one. He gets slammed when he plays too safe and he gets slammed when he takes chances and they don't come off.
Agreed. I'd much rather see him be brave and make mistakes.. than end up a scared frightened little boy or even worse Valencia. He needs to balance it out and not overrun with the ball.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
First half he was the only decent attacker.

In Rainbows

First half he was the only decent attacker.
The only problem was that he didn't see enough of the ball. Once he gets better at finding the space so he can see more of the ball he will become more dangerous as a cam.

Shimo

I don't get the flak players like him get about decision making. We want to moan about the tumescent (rigid) way LVG has us playing, where everything is predictable but, when we have players that try make things happen, want to be critical of that. Their not always going to make the right choice that we see after the fact, especially watching from the sidelines or on TV where we have perhaps a better view but, at least players like him and Nani in the past gave us that bit of unpredictability we are sorely lacking right now.

LVG needs to tell players like Januzaj and ADM - go out, play on instinct, make things happen, when the reigns are let off we'll see them shine a lot more.

bugmat

He kept trying to beat too many players for me which sometimes meant he played himself into trouble. I like seeing players dribble past their opponents, but sometimes you need to pick and choose your attempts. He's probably just a bit over eager at the moment.
This. Still very young so expected. Can improve and hopefully will get enough time to (with us). But yeah it is frustrating especially when the team on a whole are playing poorly.

jeff_goldblum

Like most young players (and a fair few people I play with on a sunday) he needs to be more aware of his limitations. But that'll come, I'm just glad he's getting the game time he needs to make headway in that regard. I think a big problem form him is that the area where he had a lot of joy dribbling from last year is the position Di Maria likes to take up tucked in deepish on the left.

ChaddyP

I'm quite impressed with how his strength,balance and general ball retention has increased since last season

Empire

Looked much better when we switched to 4-4-2, along with Di Maria. I think stretching the game out and playing at a quicker tempo suits our players, they just don't know how to play the slow possession game. It may not be to Van Gaals liking, but we just do not look a threat when bumbling up and down the pitch.
Firstly Louis van Gaal has said we need to play with more ball speed, not so much a quicker tempo in the sense he doesn't mind sideways and backwards passes but we need to be attacking with speed, he said after the West Ham match that the team needs to play like they did when they went a goal down.

Secondly he has no problem with the 4-4-2 and he played this with AZ.

pascell

He's looking much stronger this season and I was impressed with his performance against Burnley. He needs a goal just like di Maria to kick start a run of form again. The problem was when he went on a run, he often ran into 2 or 3 defenders, I put this down to us not having strikers, who can pull defenders away and out of position to free up space for Januzaj and di Maria to run into.

To get them this space I'd start Rooney and Wilson upfront, with Herrera filling in Rooney spot in CM.

I'm more than sure he's gonna come good and capable of winning us games, like he did last season.

Man Utd 2:0 Sunderland

MoneyMay

Best game of the season and it's no surprise that it's against Sunderland. He always seems to perform well against them.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Breath of fresh air. Love seeing him on the right.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Ran at defenders, kept them uneasy and created havoc which we scored from. Who knew that could work?!

Great to see from him, hopefully he keeps it up while RVP is out

Status
Not open for further replies.