Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
[

He had a decent game against Burnley, showed some maturity and was generally more careful with the ball.
His ball retention was the second highest out of all our players that day (88% pass completion, Blind was 90%, Di Maria 70%)

http://epl.squawka.com/manchester-u...-2015/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

I will be absolutely shocked if Januzaj doesn't make it at United. I mean he hasn't shown much on the pitch this year but if the likes of Giggs who have been watching him every week in training think he is deserving of the number 11 shirt then he must be showing some great talent during training. I remember reading that he actually managed to go on his first United tour because he was ridiculously impressive during a training session so he was quickly promoted to the tour team.

I'm not sure why the club hasn't sent him out on loan though. David Moyes seems to like him so why not just let him play at Real Sociedad or something. I just wish Van Gaal would actually give Januzaj minutes instead of Falcao who isn't even going to be with us next year. It seems so stupid.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
His ball retention was the second highest out of all our players that day (88% pass completion, Blind was 90%, Di Maria 70%)

I'm not sure why the club hasn't sent him out on loan though. David Moyes seems to like him so why not just let him play at Real Sociedad or something. I just wish Van Gaal would actually give Januzaj minutes instead of Falcao who isn't even going to be with us next year. It seems so stupid.
there is literally zero reason to play falcao at this point. whether it's januzaj, wilson, shaun wright-phillips or roger federer - all could provide more reason to play in a cameo than falcao. it's not that i don't like him, it's just that he isn't any good and won't be with us past may anyway.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
there is literally zero reason to play falcao at this point. whether it's januzaj, wilson, shaun wright-phillips or roger federer - all could provide more reason to play in a cameo than falcao. it's not that i don't like him, it's just that he isn't any good and won't be with us past may anyway.
The only reason for why we keep playing him is because of Jorge Mendes. It's the only explanation for giving Falcao minutes these days.

NoPace

Watching Grealish play for damn near an hour as a 10 for Villa made me wish our smart, wispy left-footed young prospect had been loaned out in January. Lots of teams would have taken him as their 10 or right winger.

Mainoldo

Watching Grealish play for damn near an hour as a 10 for Villa made me wish our smart, wispy left-footed young prospect had been loaned out in January. Lots of teams would have taken him as their 10 or right winger.
Like who? It's not like the majority of the league are promoting their youth. Especially the second half of the season.

Let him learn our style for a season like he has. Next season if his struggling to make an impact, send him on loan.

NoLogo

I just hope we can see him feature more as a sub and rotation option for Mata. Probably not going to happen a lot this season as the fight for a CL place will stay very close till the end of the season but he is still young and next season he definitely needs more playing time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I was afraid that the way we play we won’t be able to find a place for Januzaj, but 4-3-3 is the way forward and I’m excited to see him on the right in the Mata role. IMO the inverted right winger is his best position. I still have great expectations for this guy, I hope he won’t go on a loan.

Bebe

I was afraid that the way we play we won’t be able to find a place for Januzaj, but 4-3-3 is the way forward and I’m excited to see him on the right in the Mata role. IMO the inverted right winger is his best position. I still have great expectations for this guy, I hope he won’t go on a loan.
That's something that gives me a lot of hope. Either wide position in LVGs preferred system is perfect for Adnan.

Roosney

I truly hope we can bag a top four finish as soon as possible so we could see Adnan get more minutes.
Right now as the balance seems (almost) perfect I cannot see LVG change a damn thing.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Could be a good loan move, but not as a permanent deal

Everton are reportedly considering a move for Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj in the summer.

According to the Manchester Evening News, the Toffees are set to reignite their interest in the Belgian international after failing with a move during the January transfer window.

Roberto Martinez is a big admirer of the United youngster and tried to sign him in January, but were rebuffed by the Old Trafford club as Louis van Gaal was not keen on letting him go midway through the campaign.

But the Dutch manager might be more open to letting him go in the summer after Januzaj failed to make an impact with the first-team thus far this campaign. He has struggled to get into the starting XI due to the good form of Ashley Young, Juan Mata and Marouane Fellaini in recent weeks.

The 20-year-old winger has struggled for game time since the turn of the year and has failed to feature since coming on as a substitute during the FA Cup defeat to Arsenal in February. He has just made seven starts thus far this campaign compared to 15 under David Moyes and Ryan Giggs last season.

Apart from his United career stalling, the winger has also lost his place in the Belgian national team after being dropped by Marc Wilmots for the latest round of international games.

This will play a part in Januzaj's mind when it comes to considering his future, as he could miss out on a place in the Belgium team for next year's Euro 2016 competition if he continues to be a fringe player at United for another season.

Everton will be a fresh start for the youngster and he can expect to start on a regular basis under the Spanish manager, who is also known for his attacking style of play that suits Januzaj.

However, the Toffees will have a fight on their hands for the players signature as Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in signing him, after making their interest known during the January transfer window.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester...her-move-winger-adnan-januzaj-summer-1495784?

NoPace

Like who? It's not like the majority of the league are promoting their youth. Especially the second half of the season.

Let him learn our style for a season like he has. Next season if his struggling to make an impact, send him on loan.
Januzaj is already good enough to play for several of the teams desperate for points. Off the top of my head, Burnley need someone to play out wide opposite Boyd and Swansea are less desperate, but are playing Routledge in a sort of combo striker-winger role that would suit Januzaj well. Sunderland are playing Defoe, Wickham and Fletcher across the front 3. You have to think Januzaj would outperform Wickham at least.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

pseudo_canadian

Agreed, seems a good fit. Fellow Belgiums of Lukaku, Mirallas and young talents like Barkley playing with him.

If they utilize him how they used Deulofeu but with more game time I'd be really happy. Just hope he doesn't get a bit too comfortable.
Mirallas is a huge twat though. He publicly stated that he didn't want Januzaj on the Belgium squad for last summer's World Cup.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
would be mental to sell him. if we've given up on our best youth product on a guy who's just turned 20, then what's the point of having an academy?

i'm sure he won't get sold, but perhaps loaned out. again, as i've always said, assuming we make champions league, and not lose 4-0 to MK Dons in the first round of the Capital One Cup, we're going to have a ton more games next year which will mean more time for guys like Adnan.

Silverman

I think he'll be fully settled into the squad next year. If LVG gives him enough games then he will be a top player.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
he just got a new official facebook and twitter account today. what a lovely chap.

i'm in love with all of our players. herrera and mata in particular are like human versions of carebears. i really could have used them while growing up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm sure van Gaal is shaping up Januzaj to become a great player for us. We should keep in mind that he didn't give much match time to Alaba and Kroos at Bayern yet still contributed to their development into the players they are today. At the moment, looking at how Mata plays as the "inverted winger", Januzaj can be perfect for that role on the right side. I doubt that van Gaal will exile him given how much he's played him this season. I do think he'll come out a much better player as Januzaj doesn't look like a big-headed player. Plus, playing under van Gaal will help him develop discipline, intelligence, and a greater appreciation of the game.

NoPace

Mirallas is a huge twat though. He publicly stated that he didn't want Januzaj on the Belgium squad for last summer's World Cup.
We should only loan him there if Mirallas leaves anyways since we want to make sure Januzaj will start. Mirallas looks likely to leave this summer anyways, which would leave Everton with only McGeady as a real natural wide.

If they only sign one winger like Lennon, then I could see Januzaj getting 30 stars there.

The team I like for him if he does go on loan is Swansea, playing the role Routledge is in:

-------Gomis------
---------Januzaj--
----Sigurdsson----
---Ki-----Shelvey
-------Cork-------

could be a fantastic set up for him, looking to provide width and link up. Could play RW in a 4-5-1 when Montero is out left and one of the midfielders is dropped/rested/injured.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Agreed, seems a good fit. Fellow Belgiums of Lukaku, Mirallas and young talents like Barkley playing with him.

If they utilize him how they used Deulofeu but with more game time I'd be really happy. Just hope he doesn't get a bit too comfortable.
Mirallas will leave Everton in the summer

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm sure van Gaal is shaping up Januzaj to become a great player for us. We should keep in mind that he didn't give much match time to Alaba and Kroos at Bayern yet still contributed to their development into the players they are today. At the moment, looking at how Mata plays as the "inverted winger", Januzaj can be perfect for that role on the right side. I doubt that van Gaal will exile him given how much he's played him this season. I do think he'll come out a much better player as Januzaj doesn't look like a big-headed player. Plus, playing under van Gaal will help him develop discipline, intelligence, and a greater appreciation of the game.
Agree completely. He just needs to be patient and find a good loan club next year.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m confused, I thought @mazhar13 suggested that he should stay at the club and wait for his chance because he fits the inverted winger role that Mata plays. And I agree with him.
Yep, I actually agreed about the bit of him coming good. Still think he needs a loan if he's going to develop at the next level.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yep, I actually agreed about the bit of him coming good. Still think he needs a loan if he's going to develop at the next level.
I think he has to stay, he looks like a perfect replacement for Mata in this system. Di Maria plus + 1 new signing will probably play on the left.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can see what you're saying, but at the moment, I wouldn't be comfortable with a loan move until Januzaj fully understands and executes what van Gaal wants from him. Kroos only had one loan season during van Gaal's first season, and Alaba never left the club during that time. Honestly, I'd prefer that Januzaj only goes on loan once he absorbs van Gaal's methods, but by that time, he'd probably be ready for the first team like Kroos and Alaba were.

Crashoutcassius

Just watched the West Ham videos above and good god he is so much better than that level

I hope we can find a way to fit him into a 4-3-3 with more regularity next season. He could grow into the kind of player that you can't buy

Annahnomoss

Said it from the start but I really can't see him reaching a world class level out wide as a winger. His explosiveness and dribbling just isn't at the necessary level to be one of the best in the world. Sterling/Firmino are some levels above in terms of explosiveness and there are still questions whether they could really ever turn world class out wide.

I am hoping that Di Maria starts playing in the central midfield again - the only position he's worth what we paid for and is one of the best in the world. In that case Januzaj would be an excellent back up and rotational option.

Januzaj's passing range and vision is way better than his ability to take on full backs in 1 vs 1's. Similar to Di Maria, so I would prefer seeing him there getting game time from the bench in most matches or to rest Di Maria.

I think he could get plenty of game time if he continued also being played out wide when it was necessary. Not sure what has been going on this season though, seems like he's had some serious issues adjusting to LVG so we will see what happens with him.

Chelsea 1:0 Man Utd

WelshManc

What most of you on here see in this kid i have no idea. I don't see the potential at all, he's bigged up because he's come through the ranks but apart from his Macheda-like performance where he scored a brace against Sunderland i just don't see it in him at all to be honest.

Last edited:

thejtrain

What most of you on here see in this kid i have no idea. I don't see the potential at all, he's bigged up because he's come through the ranks but apart from is Macheda-like performance where he scored a brace against Sunderland i just don't see it in him at all to be honest.
I will have to agree. He's not the talent he is hyped to be. He's the most useless player to bring on as a sub and arguably the least useful player in the squad only more useful than Falcao.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
What most of you on here see in this kid i have no idea. I don't see the potential at all, he's bigged up because he's come through the ranks but apart from his Macheda-like performance where he scored a brace against Sunderland i just don't see it in him at all to be honest.
On the pitch for 20 minutes down a goal at stamford bridge and this 20 year old didnt do enough to impress you. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.