Adnan Januzaj image 15

Adnan Januzaj Belgium flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salfordlad70

I have a soft spot for Adnan. Managed in the correct way we have a great player in the making. He needs more game time. A regular bench player and the first consideration along with Marcus when we need back up on the pitch going forward. Then let's take if from there.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
You lot act as of he actually shown something during the last 2 year and deserved chances based on that. Playing based on reputation has to come to it's end, he has done jack shit at Dortmund, didnt do anything in 14/15 with 0 goals and 1 assist and has just been dumped by Belgium, no senior or u21 call ups whatsoever. He needs to show his qualities again, if he cant, the door is there. Same goes for Memphis.

Sb_16

You lot act as of he actually shown something during the last 2 year and deserved chances based on that. Playing based on reputation has to come to it's end, he has done jack shit at Dortmund, didnt do anything in 14/15 with 0 goals and 1 assist and has just been dumped by Belgium, no senior or u21 call ups whatsoever. He needs to show his qualities again, if he cant, the door is there. Same goes for Memphis.
Obviously the Belgium senior squad won't call him if he isn't playing regularly, whereas, he voluntarily rejected call up from U-21 squad, if I remember correctly, to focus on club career.
Yes, he hasn't shown much improvement or played much in the last 2 years. But you need backups to your first choice and its a choice between Memphis and Januzaj: both frustrating both one can at least get the basics right.

stevoc

That's exactly the point. I think what happened is mainly januzaj s fault. When van gaal who always gives chance to youth players doesn't give him a chance, then you have to really wonder if januzaj actually impressed in training because as I said no youth player has ever complained he hasn't given him a chance after working so hard. If this was mourinho it would be a little more believable as de bruyne lukaku and all have all complained about not getting chances after impressing in training or on loan.

Loan isn't about time alone. It helps players gain experience in various situations. Like how to play when chasing a game and so forth. At United level the pressure is high as even a single sitter missed could prove disastrous. Which is why players goto teams where the stakes aren't as high like it is at United. Rooney played at Everton and Ronaldo at sporting so they were more ready. Giggs played in a different era where there wasn't the same pressure to perform.

Herrera wasn't playing because we wanted to fit a maximum of RvP Rooney Di Maria and falcao in the same team. Like Isco didn't get many chances under ancelotti initially because of having to fit Di Maria in the squad
We will have to agree to disagree mate. I think Van Gaal just didn't like his style and so froze him out and didn't give him much of a chance last year. Van Gaal has given plenty of young players a chance yes but that doesn't mean he does it with every young player, i am sure there are many who feel he didn't give them enough chances. Ferguson also gave many young players a chance over the years but there were still those that felt they were not afforded the same opportunity. Pogba being one recent glaring example.

Also don't agree with the part about Giggs not being under pressure, he was under enormous pressure when he broke through United hadn't won the league in 25 years and he was being hailed as the new George Best. The media attention was huge, and the expectation from the fans was massive.

prath92

We will have to agree to disagree mate. I think Van Gaal just didn't like his style and so froze him out and didn't give him much of a chance last year. Van Gaal has given plenty of young players a chance yes but that doesn't mean he does it with every young player, i am sure there are many who feel he didn't give them enough chances. Ferguson also gave many young players a chance over the years but there were still those that felt they were not afforded the same opportunity. Pogba being one recent glaring example.

Also don't agree with the part about Giggs not being under pressure, he was under enormous pressure when he broke through United hadn't won the league in 25 years and he was being hailed as the new George Best. The media attention was huge, and the expectation from the fans was massive.
I don't think his style had anything to do with it. If that was the case martial wouldn't have done the things he did. I think frankly it's a case that he didn't see januzaj warranting a start based on his training. Fergie and van gaal give starts to those who deserve it. Even Pogba got a few games. But Fergie felt he didn't deserve to start more often so Pogba went to a club and proved he was starting material while Januzaj didn't show anything at another club. Unless tuchel also froze him out not liking his style and that made him play bad when he came on.

Giggs had the nerves to play well inspite of the tag. Even Ronaldo did. Lots of players didn't and as of now januzaj is in the latter list.

stevoc

I don't think his style had anything to do with it. If that was the case martial wouldn't have done the things he did. I think frankly it's a case that he didn't see januzaj warranting a start based on his training. Fergie and van gaal give starts to those who deserve it. Even Pogba got a few games. But Fergie felt he didn't deserve to start more often so Pogba went to a club and proved he was starting material while Januzaj didn't show anything at another club. Unless tuchel also froze him out not liking his style and that made him play bad when he came on.

Come on mate bit of a difference there, Pogba went to a club and given a decent run in the Juve side right from the start as they knew they had a talent on their hands they could develop. Januzaj went to a club (the wrong club) and wasn't given a run, he was never likely to displace Reus or Mkhataryan. Tuchel and Dortmund didn't give a feck about Januzaj or his development, they agreed to the loan so they had a free decent option on the bench last season.

Giggs had the nerves to play well inspite of the tag. Even Ronaldo did. Lots of players didn't and as of now januzaj is in the latter list.
Yes they did as both had the faith of their manager and were given a platform to show what they can do. It's almost a chicken and egg situation.

We are going round in circles here mate.

mu4c_20le

I think he deserves more of a chance than Memphis, who's only had two good months, while he was great for an entire season. I also trust SAF's judgment on him, he has good technical ability and balance, and with the right development he can still make it. I can't remember the last time a player did well on loan and then came back to do well for us, there are probably some cases but it's not the best thing to go on. Cleverley showed a lot of promise while he was out on loan and forced himself into the first team when he came back, but still couldn't make it. With Adnan's qualities he will start to perform better when things start to click for him, such as beating his man, successful dribbles, etc. Mostly in his head.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Apparently didn't train today and was supposed to have a meeting with Mourinho. Not looking good for him. :(

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He's off and I suspect he'll be sold rather than loaned.

Insanity to keep Memphis and Lingard ahead of him.

Womp

idiot
He's off and I suspect he'll be sold rather than loaned.

Insanity to keep Memphis and Lingard ahead of him.
Memphis I agree but at least Lingard offers us something different in work rate. Januzaj is just Mkhitryan just not as good. He has the talent but it didn't work for him.

In Rainbows

Man, you must really hate him. You list his goals/assists for 2014/15, but not his goals/assists for 2015/16. His goals/assists wouldn't even look good for 2015/16, but you chose to list the one from the season prior only because it looked worse. You mention the Belgium callups forgetting that he rejected the u21 call up in the winter so he could focus on his club career.

:lol:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Even he would know it's last chance saloon so we should send him back into Moyes' open arms on loan at Sunderland. Let him try and hurt our rivals if he can be bothered. If not, then there is no hope for him or his attitude so we should sell him next summer. Sink or swim time away from OT.

Deleted member 101472

Has to be sold and get as much as possible for him, I guarantee it's the highest transfer fee he ever commands

R'hllor

I dont want to get into his attitude and stuff like that but what i dont understand (by looking his video under Moyes) how the feck he looks now (after getting bulked up and shit) way more weaker on/off the ball then 3 years ago when half of feather was heavier then him. Last season wind blows and he is on the floor already,i dont get it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Never like his attitude, decision making and selfishness on the pitch. He has talent though but I am afraid he can't step up.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think he has more talent than Memphis, but I don't think letting him go is something we'd regret IMO.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Not selected for the squad that goes to sweden. Ridiculous how memphis gets in ahead of him.
You've clearly got a real hard on for this guy, but you're letting your crush cloud your judgment IMO. Januzaj hasn't done shit for two seasons. Constant reports that his attitude stinks. Went to Dortmund on loan and made no impact; was sent home, again with a reprimand about his attitude.

Yes, Memphis has been gash, but I guarantee that he's getting the chances because he has an incredible work ethic on the training field, and a dedication to be the best he can be. If Januzaj had Memphis' attitude, he could be a world beater. Instead, and rather sadly, it appears as though he doesn't have the mentality to succeed.

I'd sell him with a buy back clause.

Reminder to stay on topic please

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This thread and subforum is for discussing player performances, not a catch-all for everything relating to the player in question.

All the recent discussion of any potential transfer/loan has been moved to a new thread -
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/adnan-januzaj-exit-speculation.420326/

There's more left above but that seemed a good cut off point, please keep this on topic.

Mark Pawelek

Before the thread was invaded by the attitude mafia, some attempt was made to look at this players strengths and weaknesses. Now they have their own thread, I just want to point out IMO. Please disagree or whatever:

Weaknesses:
  • Not super fast
  • Not as physical as he needs to be
  • Lacks balance when dribbling at speed
  • Not great at holding onto the ball
  • Lacks discipline (so do most young players)
  • Defensive contribution? Does not harass opponent enough.
  • Is foxed when they double up on him.
Strengths:
  • Ball control
  • Crossing, with his left
  • Taking corner with his left
  • Dribbling. Good but can improve if he can sort his weaknesses out
  • One-twos
  • Through balls
  • Passing: 83% to 88%
  • Volleys - very good
  • Shots, including long (20/25 yards). Often good. Not so good when done on the move or in a hurry (but same goes for everyone?)
  • Football intelligence. I think is excellent but some said it was a weakness of his!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Apparently has refused to use the reserves dressing room. Instead, shows up to Carrington already in his kit or uses a toilet close to the dressing room instead :lol:

Absolute muppet, if that's true, and truly deserves to be booted out of the club with that attitude.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Apparently has refused to use the reserves dressing room. Instead, shows up to Carrington already in his kit or uses a toilet close to the dressing room instead :lol:

Absolute muppet, if that's true, and truly deserves to be booted out of the club with that attitude.
I heard some strange stories(Yun Suk Young from QPR only washing his legs in the sink after training and not showering with the rest is probably my favorite one :D) about footballers but i cant imagine there is any truth in this....

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I heard some strange stories(Yun Suk Young from QPR only washing his legs in the sink after training and not showering with the rest is probably my favorite one :D) about footballers but i cant imagine there is any truth in this....
I hear you. Although, this is the guy that took a girl to Nando's for a date, so anything's possible here.

Here's the link, btw. It's the Mirror, so I doubt there's any truth in it

http://www.football365.com/news/furious-januzaj-refuses-to-change-with-reserves

snk123

I'm also inclined to believe his attitude is a problem.
How hard is it to have a conversation with a new boss - to convince him in giving you a chance to prove yourself?

drmuji

Recent rumors suggesting that he will be sent on loan although he has 2 years left on his contract.
If that is true then i would like him to go to Sunderland as Moyes would play him in his preferred position and build the team around him. If, even then, he does not perform then he should go and sleep for all i care. But if he scores and creates then i would like him to be given a chance in our team next season

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Recent rumors suggesting that he will be sent on loan although he has 2 years left on his contract.
If that is true then i would like him to go to Sunderland as Moyes would play him in his preferred position and build the team around him. If, even then, he does not perform then he should go and sleep for all i care. But if he scores and creates then i would like him to be given a chance in our team next season
I agree with this

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Daily Mail saying he is going on loan to Sunderland, good move all round hope he lights up the place under Moyes - I still have faith

Mark Pawelek

His best loan moves would be: Burnley, Leicester, Swansea, West Brom because he'd be the best player there, in one, or more, positions he plays. He can play: #7, #10, #11. Crystal Palace would be another option. I don't think he'd get games at Leicester. That leaves: Burnley, Swansea, West Brom, Crystal Palace, in about that order. Sunderland will still be great for him if Moyes plays him which might well happen. So it should be a loan till Christmas, depending upon whether he gets games. If no games for him, send him someplace the manager will play him. Sunderland actually have some talented midfielders, attacking wise. So he could be kept out of the side by manager 'pragmatism'; "can't win anything with kids".

Loublaze

ATLien
Just read an article from the Mirror about him being 'humiliated' by JM and it seems realistic. He should've never gone on that loan to Dortmund.

Minimalist

Bit of a shot in the dark going to be managed by David Moyes again. Suppose if he's talented enough it won't matter. Interesting to see how he gets on.

You'd think there would be better options for him.

fallengt

I visited Dortmund forum during his loan spell and they seemed to hate him too. Kid clearly has problem and he won't make it at top level with this attitude.

LouisDanGaal

100% confident he doesn't have an attitude problem, but is just a frustrated kid trying to get his chance. Hate that he has got this label that will obviously stick despite it being based on an ex manager saying that he missed this club too much. That is about it. Oh and he didn't want to play with the Belgium under 21's because he wanted to stay with Dortmund to train to try to impress the coaches to get in to the team.

Its fine, we'll stick with that obviously nonsense view of him. He might not be good enough right now, that's fine and I agree with that but attitude has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.