Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well done lad, beautiful goal.

If only he could sort out his attitude, has the potential to become a cracking player.

Robbie Boy

What is this thread. It's like when Welbeck has a good game every now and then.
It’s a bunch of people trying to prove they’re ‘right’. And if he plays the next game and he’s shite, the other side will be in to prove they’re ‘right’.

Fact is, he’s looking decent at a much smaller club and it was right to let him go. His attitude towards the end with us was piss poor and he was abysmal at Sunderland.

Minimalist

To be fair I think most were just saying it was a good goal.

Anyone saying to re-sign him is a bit daft though.

Robbie Boy

Some are which is fair game. Others are being extremely pompous and trying to show people up. Look at the cringe on the previous page. There’s a poster that got extremely agro because he dug up an old post from someone that didn’t rate him. Really sad carry on.

Skills

Snitch
It’s a bunch of people trying to prove they’re ‘right’. And if he plays the next game and he’s shite, the other side will be in to prove they’re ‘right’.

Fact is, he’s looking decent at a much smaller club and it was right to let him go. His attitude towards the end with us was piss poor and he was abysmal at Sunderland.
Is correct. But there's nothing wrong with being pleased for the guy - it all looked quite grim for him in his last few years here, I'd have put a good bet on he wouldn't have the world cup squad a year ago. It's good to see he's beginning to get his career back on track, rather than another case of a talent going down the drain.

In my opinion he probably won't ever be good enough for us, but he's got enough in him to have a very good career elsewhere at a fairly high level and potentially a regular international.

Robbie Boy

Is correct. But there's nothing wrong with being pleased for the guy - it all looked quite grim for him in his last few years here, I'd have put a good bet on he wouldn't have the world cup squad a year ago. It's good to see he's beginning to get his career back on track, rather than another case of a talent going down the drain.

In my opinion he probably won't ever be good enough for us, but he's got enough in him to have a very good career elsewhere at a fairly high level and potentially a regular international.
Oh god I completely agree as I said on the previous page it’s good to see an ex-academy lad doing well (except if he moves to a shithouse club ala Welbeck). But there are some terrribly cringy comments on the previous page.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Im a massive fan boy and even I don’t agree there’s anything close to justifying an attempt to resign him but I do hope he has another great season or two and makes some sort of return.

Some on here are so bitter though. He scored a great goal. Let us just enjoy it rather than “why is this a thread”

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was always shite for us on the right but that was at a time before left footers on the right was a thing, I certainly never saw what people said when they suggested he was a number 10

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He was always shite for us on the right but that was at a time before left footers on the right was a thing, I certainly never saw what people said when they suggested he was a number 10
Left footers on the right and vice versa is a thing at least since 2004 with Ronaldinho as the prime example.. I believe no great winger of the last 10 years or so played on the same side as his stronger foot.

BlahRules

When he first broke through he was a number 10, his game was more about passing and movement. After his breakout season he started dribbling more and that's when it became more about tricks then a simple pass.

When he does realise his potential he will be playing as the main playmaker for that team.

Robbo*

Left footers on the right and vice versa is a thing at least since 2004 with Ronaldinho as the prime example.. I believe no great winger of the last 10 years or so played on the same side as his stronger foot.
Possibly di Maria at Real Madrid but you're right generally

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he woke up last year and decided he was a Kosovan international or something?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
You guys are giving him too much credit. England let him score on purpose.

MadMike

Di Maria played on the RW at Madrid
Yes, but not exclusively. He played on the left side of a midfield 3 after Bale’s arrival in ‘13. With the BBC being the triplet up front. I also believe he played there earlier too cause I recall Özil playing on the right for Madrid too.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
He puts his country in the same half of the draw as Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil, France & Argentina. . . . . All teams Belgium could have avoided until the final if Januzai had not scored and played along with the Belgian game plan.

Ain't much going on upstairs with this guy.

Laphroaig

He puts his country in the same half of the draw as Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil, France & Argentina. . . . . All teams Belgium could have avoided until the final if Januzai had not scored and played along with the Belgian game plan.

Belgium will have the easier game in the next round, a more difficult QF and the SF will be similar. Not that much of a difference, although you'd prefer England's route. And I'm pretty sure that goal makes it more rather than less likely that he'll be involved again in the WC.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Do people actually realise that most of these teams actually play each other and that you only have 4 games to play to win the thing either way?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He's a more talented footballer than Rashford. And I don't even rate him highly.
I don't think too many would disagree that he's the more natural talent.

It's rare to see a young player so natural on the ball. He's a phenomenal dribbler, has a ridiculously good first touch.

However, he seems to have a bad attitude, he's lazy, and has maybe already climbed as far as he will in his career. Time will tell.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

Never understood this talk, you play at WV, you wanna win everygame and prove to be the best not just calculating to get the easier opponent which can be even more tricky. I understand some optimism about southgate but I really don’t rate him. Panama game was one off and a shit team. The first game was sheer luck to win it. I predict england to get knocked out soon. Noone is playing fantastic football but I think England is very dull tactic wise. Just overly defensive with not enough attacking talent

SpyLuke10

its not just about on the ball. Its about off ball movement, tactical intelligence, workrate, attitude, etc too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pure talent on the ball there is no doubt he is more so than Rashford. That doesn't always say much but just saying.
Remember @jb8521 or @khoazany saying how good and skillful Rashford was on the ball for youth teams, playing as #10.

Januzaj looked elegant on the ball though.

red4ever 79

Naturally more gifted than other young players at the club. You always sensed he had it in him, it just hasnt come out over a consistent period of time for whatever reason.

Mindhunter