Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

roseguy64

Some of the coaching staff? Bit of a dig at someone there perhaps. He says his time at the club didn't go the way he wanted it to but he's only got himself to blame for that.
Could take it as the coachesthat are left that he knows. Most of the staff he knows from Ferguson's, LVG and Moyes' time have gone. It's likely aimed at the youth team coaches.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There was a time when Mats Daehli, Adnan Januzaj and Andreas Pereira formed the next great attacking midfield from United's youth. Apart from the Rooney's and Carricks, these players in the academy I followed the most because they're around my age. They're all going.
Mats Daehli was my favourite; even watched a few Cardiff games that season he went there. Injuries have really curtailed what would've been a stellar season from a perspective of turning out as an alright Norwegian player.

Angelinho

There's no shame in not being able to make the grade at United. Hopefully he will go on to have a decent career in Spain.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not really sure why some have a bit of a negative attitude towards Januzaj? In the end he just didn't have the talent and desire to make it at the very top. Very, very little youth prospects do, after all.

I can understand indifference towards him moving, or even not caring. But not the negative "good riddance" type responses.

Good luck to him.

Irrational.

He had all the ability in the world, but sadly went the way of Macheda/ Morrison rather than knuckling down and establishing himself.

There's still a glimmer of hope that he'll fulfil his potential like a Rossi or a Pique and we can activate that buy-back clause.

Good luck Adnandos.

Robbie Boy

Not really sure why some have a bit of a negative attitude towards Januzaj? In the end he just didn't have the talent and desire to make it at the very top. Very, very little youth prospects do, after all.

I can understand indifference towards him moving, or even not caring. But not the negative "good riddance" type responses.

Good luck to him.
Aye, he was a young kid who shot to stardom overnight, became mega rich and made some mistakes.

My grievance with him is that I felt he stopped trying, to a certain extent; that kind of attitude some young players get when they think they've 'made it'.

But I don't get any animosity towards the lad. I actually hope he can kickstart his career, but I do remain doubtful. I'm not fussed at all to see him go as it was blatantly obvious his time was up here.

MadMike

Shame it came to that, but good luck to the lad . Hope he rediscovers some passion and some form and develops into a good player.

Dazzmondo

Good to see we have a buy back clause in case he does fix his attitude. No other way to say it though, a massive disappointment. I maintain he had the talent to be a really great player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aye, he was a young kid who shot to stardom overnight, became mega rich and made some mistakes.

My grievance with him is that I felt he stopped trying, to a certain extent; that kind of attitude some young players get when they think they've 'made it'.

But I don't get any animosity towards the lad. I actually hope he can kickstart his career, but I do remain doubtful. I'm not fussed at all to see him go as it was blatantly obvious his time was up here.
Yeah, absolutely Robbie. I share those sentiments. It might have been more than a little "frustrating" - knowing he might just have had the talent, but his desire and attitude always kept him back. And we all know it takes a lot of both to really make it to the absolute top.

But it's still no shame. It's the exact reasoning why most professional players are not good enough for the very top bracket - they lack either the talent or the desire/attitude, sometimes, even both.

I do tend to agree though. As young as he is, I still can't really see him turning it around. He'll probably be a lower-mid level player throughout his career. Though a miracle wouldn't be too bad, if it were to happen.

N2402

lucky to get £9m for his potential and poor attitude

Castia

I was so excited by him after his first season. The number 11 shirt and everything :/

Oh well apparently his attitude is shit, maybe a move to Spain will sort him out.

Bojan11

There is talent. But there's no drive or commitment to be better. I think Spain was the best move for him as it is a technical league. Vela wasn't really all that before he joined Sociedad. He has improved massively since then.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's very unfair to him.
Not really, if he had anything about him he would not be in the situation he is now.

You can go back to my posts to that season, his crossing was dreadful, his decision making was terrible, and he would continually run into dead ends.

Yes he was a bright spark, but he was more Bebe than Ronaldo.

littlepeasoup

I think he was elevated far too quickly, and it went to his head. In comparison, someone like Marcus Rashford had a similarly meteoric rise, but you can tell the lad is a world apart from Januzaj in terms of mentality and drive. I think there's been a bunch of players over the last few years that have either been brought through the ranks and stalled, or bought from other teams and stalled, and it's a real shame.

Hopefully, the lad will come good and we'll buy him back for an absolute packet in a few years time. Don't really see it happening though.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Not really, if he had anything about him he would not be in the situation he is now.

You can go back to my posts to that season, his crossing was dreadful, his decision making was terrible, and he would continually run into dead ends.

Yes he was a bright spark, but he was more Bebe than Ronaldo.
to be fair, most players are more bebe than ronaldo.

believe it or not, players can be very good even if they're nowhere near christiano's calibre. that said, januzaj disappointed big time by the end, but it's not too late for his career... but it's much too late for him here.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I think he was elevated far too quickly, and it went to his head. In comparison, someone like Marcus Rashford had a similarly meteoric rise, but you can tell the lad is a world apart from Januzaj in terms of mentality and drive. I think there's been a bunch of players over the last few years that have either been brought through the ranks and stalled, or bought from other teams and stalled, and it's a real shame.

Hopefully, the lad will come good and we'll buy him back for an absolute packet in a few years time. Don't really see it happening though.
i agree. rashford seems to have the right sort of attitude about him, nevermind his completely outrageous skill set. those two together can be a beautiful thing

littlepeasoup

i agree. rashford seems to have the right sort of attitude about him, nevermind his completely outrageous skill set. those two together can be a beautiful thing
You see the work he's putting in over preseason, he's starting to look an absolute unit. I certainly don't blame a player for getting into the first team and thinking they've 'made it', but it takes more than talent to succeed in England, let alone United.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I am rooting for him. I hope he has the type of success Giuseppe Rossi has had in Spain(minus the injuries).

We built him up too quickly and placed unreasonable expectations on him - thins was because he was the only bright spot during the Moyes debacle. He gave us hope at the time. Shouldn't have given him a contract worth £2.5m a year after a handful of matches. He's got talent, hopefully he goes on and has a good career.

Donut

I think he is a great talent and is just lost and very low on confidence currently. His technique and vision are fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it big, and I'm really glad there's a buy back option.

In Rainbows

I still think he can become a success. He just needs to go back to that unselfish playstyle he had when he impressed Fergie and the rest of us youth watchers. If he tries to play that selfish dribbling style he will fail. Some exaggerations with the only 3 good games comment, but whatever.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's a damned shame. I hope he becomes world class and we buy the fecker back and he wins the lot here, though at the moment I can't see it happening.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's done nothing at all since about 5 games into his time under Moyes. I am amazed we got 10m for him. Good business that.

chicha14

Talent is definitely there, but he needs to sort his attitude out

M16Red

Sad thing is we needed a left sided wide player... and we sold one for 9 mill.

Big fan, shouldn't have sold him, it has shades of Pogba about this sale

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Sad thing is we needed a left sided wide player... and we sold one for 9 mill.

Big fan, shouldn't have sold him, it has shades of Pogba about this sale
I have bad news. You've been in a coma for three years. Januzaj is now 22 years old, gone on multiple loans and failed to make an impression anywhere he's been since his first season. He's no longer the kid you remember.

izec

He nutmegs a third division player and some go into meltdown. Reminds me of when Welbeck scores a tap in and people come up with the same stuff