Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

Bwuk

You'd have to be daft to deny the talent, it's a mentality thing with Januzaj.

Hope he comes good at Sociedad.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Has he done anything yet? Not heard a peep about him yet over there really.

In Rainbows

That's because he's rubbish :)
He needs to go back to what originally made him standout in the United youth teams. That's what got all of us believing in him. He's just changed into a very selfish player who really likes to dribble past players, but just doesn't create that separation with his speed. He runs into a lot of dead ends. He was never that kind of player in the youth teams until he was already a first team player. He was always unselfish and going towards the ball. He's changed.

I'm really surprised he hasn't realized that yet. Surely he should recognize that he can't dribble past players like a Martial or Dembele. He reminds me of Zaha when he was at United, except without the speed.

Dobbs

He needs to go back to what originally made him standout in the United youth teams. That's what got all of us believing in him. He's just changed into a very selfish player who really likes to dribble past players, but just doesn't create that separation with his speed. He runs into a lot of dead ends. He was never that kind of player in the youth teams until he was already a first team player. He was always unselfish and going towards the ball. He's changed.

I'm really surprised he hasn't realized that yet. Surely he should recognize that he can't dribble past players like a Martial or Dembele. He reminds me of Zaha when he was at United, except without the speed.
What I always liked is that he can go past players without great speed. It's a real rarity today.

TsuWave

Little odd the way the dude he put a goal on a plate for made no effort to thank him or celebrate with him...
oh man i was just about to post that. dude ran away celebrating like he created and scored by himself, i mean there's nothing wrong with it, i'm just used to seeing players thank the guy that assisted especially when its put on a platter like that

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
oh man i was just about to post that. dude ran away celebrating like he created and scored by himself, i mean there's nothing wrong with it, i'm just used to seeing players thank the guy that assisted especially when its put on a platter like that
I think pogue is inferring the scoring player probably thinks Januzaj is a bellend as to why he didn't acknowledge the contribution.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think pogue is inferring the scoring player probably thinks Januzaj is a bellend as to why he didn't acknowledge the contribution.
I'll throw my hat in the ring for body language expert scientist supreme and say the scorer who managed to get two yellows in the last 5 mins of the game and get sent off might be a bellend himself.

marktan

I've watched his highlights in most of his matches this season, and he looks pretty good but with room for improvement. He has the technical base to be a very good player, but I just feel mentality he's not sure what player he should be. At times he's trying to be a Messi and dribble past players, when he needs to realise he's more David Silva, he doesn't really have the pace or explosiveness to beat a man consistently from a standing start. What he does have is the ability to dribble away from trouble in tight spaces, to beat a man when he's already running, and the ability to pick a really good pass. He reminds me a bit of KDB in that sense, though minus the shooting as haven't really seen any of that yet.

Like De Bruyne he really needed to leave and become a regular elsewhere, it's good that he's now at a club that owns him outright so they'll be much more willing to give him minutes. I'm ignoring Sunderland, because that was a shit show all round from the whole team and club. He's still only 22, 2-3 seasons of regular football could see him become something pretty good.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I've watched his highlights in most of his matches this season, and he looks pretty good but with room for improvement. He has the technical base to be a very good player, but I just feel mentality he's not sure what player he should be. At times he's trying to be a Messi and dribble past players, when he needs to realise he's more David Silva, he doesn't really have the pace or explosiveness to beat a man consistently from a standing start. What he does have is the ability to dribble away from trouble in tight spaces, to beat a man when he's already running, and the ability to pick a really good pass. He reminds me a bit of KDB in that sense, though minus the shooting as haven't really seen any of that yet.

Like De Bruyne he really needed to leave and become a regular elsewhere, it's good that he's now at a club that owns him outright so they'll be much more willing to give him minutes. I'm ignoring Sunderland, because that was a shit show all round from the whole team and club. He's still only 22, 2-3 seasons of regular football could see him become something pretty good.
All because of our weird obsession with trying to make him the new Giggs when he is nothing like Giggs. He needs to get back to playing like he did in the youth teams.

In Rainbows

Hopefully he keeps on improving. Would love it if he realizes his talent on some level.

SATA

We do have a buy back clause inserted into his contract for him, don't we? Hope he realizes his potential there

Dr Baltar

Looking really good since he came back from his injury. Think this will turn out to be a great move for him. Out of the spotlight a bit & playing in a team with a style of play that he can thrive in.
Will be interesting to see if/how much he can kick on now.

Charles Miller

Looking really good since he came back from his injury. Think this will turn out to be a great move for him. Out of the spotlight a bit & playing in a team with a style of play that he can thrive in.
Will be interesting to see if/how much he can kick on now.
Played very well against Girona.
Very skilfull and great dribbler coming from the right and cutting inside; only need to improve his decisions in the last pass/shot.

prath92

Great to see him do well. It’s sad that his good performances for us are from a season we all like to forget existed.