Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

Santos J

Tis official. Shame it didn't work out how most expected but just doesn't seem to have kicked on. Easy to forget how important he was for us at times though in the first half of the Moyes season.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Buy back clause in the deal fwiw (all signs point to not much right now). Hope he does well for them.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Lol just £7.5m up front. Remember the days when PSG bid €40m or something? Not that it was a bad decision to turn that down.

izec

Lol just £7.5m up front. Remember the days when PSG bid €40m or something? Not that it was a bad decision to turn that down.
He was a rising star and the darling, if we sold him then, there would have been riots

Yagami

Good post resistant
Looking forward to seeing him alongside Vela.

Raw

It's like he wants to relive his best year by going to all these Moyes-managed clubs. Sooner or later Everton will come knocking!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
He was a rising star and the darling, if we sold him then, there would have been riots
Yup, there was no way Moyes could even consider it at that point, the only highlight of the season basically.

Shark

@NotShark
It looks like he was just a flash in the pan. There was some talent there obviously though.

Pity.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Good luck to the young lad.

Some folk on here talk as if he was some kind of rebellious villain at Utd. He wasn't - rather just a young lad who didn't quite make it at the very top. Which isn't to say he can't still go on to have a career that most of us would love to have!

Acole9

Outstanding
Some of the coaching staff? Bit of a dig at someone there perhaps. He says his time at the club didn't go the way he wanted it to but he's only got himself to blame for that.

Devil may care

The only bright spot of that horrendous Moyes season, sadly he didn't progress from there and instead regressed, good luck at Sociedad Adnan.

Dobbs

Good luck to the young lad.

Some folk on here talk as if he was some kind of rebellious villain at Utd. He wasn't - rather just a young lad who didn't quite make it at the very top. Which isn't to say he can't still go on to have a career that most of us would love to have!
I could understand a young player going that way. The temptation must be huge with the money and opportunities on offer.

However as you say that isn't Januzaj. He's gone out with a lacklustre shrug of the shoulders. Something I'll never get my head round.

manc exile

Supports
City

i think we need to get less excited by young players. They are surely more likely to kick on without the added pressure of expectation

Deleted member 101472

I swear discussion about him is the most repetitive thing on the caf. Best of luck to him but he didn't belong anywhere near a UTD jersey and the passage of time has done wonders for his "break-out" season, where he had maximum 3 good performances. Good riddance.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Don't think he threw it all away like Ravel, but clearly had attitude issues if LVG, Tuechel, and Mourinho all gave up on him. Still only 22 but would take a big mental change for him to come good now.

snk123

I swear discussion about him is the most repetitive thing on the caf. Best of luck to him but he didn't belong anywhere near a UTD jersey and the passage of time has done wonders for his "break-out" season, where he had maximum 3 good performances. Good riddance.
That's funny. Do you even remember the Moyes season where a 19 year old Januzaj was our only decent attacking outlet?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What a waste. Should have sold him to PSG for 200 million.

Robbie Boy

Been pretty obvious for a long while now that he wasn't going to amount to much. Anyway, I wish him all the best. Be good if he could turn it around but unfortunately I just don't see any spark with him anymore and he hasn't really even mastered the basics.

Deleted member 101472

That's funny. Do you even remember the Moyes season where a 19 year old Januzaj was our only decent attacking outlet?
I meant now, he doesn't belong anywhere near it and hasn't for a while

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Some of the coaching staff? Bit of a dig at someone there perhaps. He says his time at the club didn't go the way he wanted it to but he's only got himself to blame for that.
Comes across as petty. It wasn't only at this club where his effort was below par. Dortmund hung him out to dry as well, and correctly so.

Best wishes to him. But his attitude stinks, past and present.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good luck, Adnan. Here's hoping he makes it. He was fantastic in the youth teams and the only thing worth looking forward to under Moyes' reign.

stevoc

Good luck to him, glad we have a buy back clause in his contract just in case he does develop into a top player. We wouldn't want another Pogba situation.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What exactly did the lad do to get ''good riddance'' hurled at him?
This site could really do with a :wanker: emoji.
He had an undeserved ego, terrible attitude which was noted by various managers and Believed he was better than he was. Scored a couple of goals and thought he was gods gift to football. He's no different to Memphis and nobody cared when he left.

People just have a little more feeling towards Januzaj because he's a youth product but He's the sort of player that'll float around mid level European teams all his career never achieving much at any team. United are well above his level.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
There was a time when Mats Daehli, Adnan Januzaj and Andreas Pereira formed the next great attacking midfield from United's youth. Apart from the Rooney's and Carricks, these players in the academy I followed the most because they're around my age. They're all going.
I feel weird.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think you have to look at it with some perspective, the entire team was utterly appalling and he was willing to run with the ball like a headless chicken firing random crosses in and running into dead ends in an otherwise pedestrian and zombified team.

He was utterly clueless on the ball.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I think you have to look at it with some perspective, the entire team was utterly appalling and he was willing to run with the ball like a headless chicken firing random crosses in and running into dead ends in an otherwise pedestrian and zombified team.

He was utterly clueless on the ball.
That's very unfair to him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
There was a time when Mats Daehli, Adnan Januzaj and Andreas Pereira formed the next great attacking midfield from United's youth. Apart from the Rooney's and Carricks, these players in the academy I followed the most because they're around my age. They're all going.
I feel weird.
Where's Pereira off?