Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

Deleted member 101472

Talented on the ball but nothing else. Are you trying to say Januzaj can end up like him? If so then I am not arguing with you. If he doesn't kick on, he can easily be another Quaresma. However, I personally believe he will go on to be a world class player. Whether he will be back at united or not I am not sure.
I was just wondering if you had a similar opinion of quaresma, who I would say is probably the more naturally talented of the two (and would have been considered a bigger prospect at januzaj age)

Given quaresma scored an amazing goal in his starting appearance, the stories are similar. You see what you get when it works, but it happens way too little to get really excited. That’s how I’ve always felt about januzaj. Interesting to see if he gets any more minutes this World Cup.

Shimo

If you watched the game last night he had a lot of joy against Danny Rose but when Maguire came on in the second half after the goal (when he beat Rose again) he started bullying him and getting close. Januzaj was out of the game then.
Yes and it was a tactical decision because he was probably their most dangerous attacker, so got more attention. Even the best players tend can get shut down if they are given special attention.

It was a good game by him and the flashes of a possible high ceiling are there but, for him and a lot of players, it comes down to mentality and whether they want to fight to to get to that elite level.

manutddjw

Reminds me of Bojan. Occasionally has flashes of brilliance, does a few things well but just not good or consistent enough at the top level. The club was right to get rid. That loan spell at Sunderland where he was given a chance ended his career here. Can’t fault the club at all for that decision.

Yagami

Good post resistant
First two matches he's completed 90 mins of this season after coming back from injury and he got man of the match in both!

Love watching him on the right. Would've been great to see us with him on the right and Martial on the left causing havoc down both sides.

GledTheRed

First two matches he's completed 90 mins of this season after coming back from injury and he got man of the match in both!

Love watching him on the right. Would've been great to see us with him on the right and Martial on the left causing havoc down both sides.
Is it too late for old Adnan? He like a taller stronger Mata, bit slow like.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is it too late for old Adnan? He like a taller stronger Mata, bit slow like.
I like to think not.

In my opinion, we should look at bringing him back or going for Suso for our right side. I'd opt for Juanzaj, which, admittedly, is partly due to sentiment but he is a real menace on the right. I've thought so since his time here.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s been quite good for Sociedad this season supposedly. Even though he never worked out here I’ll always hope he does well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like to think not.

In my opinion, we should look at bringing him back or going for Suso for our right side. I'd opt for Juanzaj, which, admittedly, is partly due to sentiment but he is a real menace on the right. I've thought so since his time here.
No thanks, fed up of wide players that can't go on the outside. Let's find somebody who can do both.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No thanks, fed up of wide players that can't go on the outside. Let's find somebody who can do both.
They both do, tbh.

Suso more than any other right winger at the moment. Holds his position, rarely coming inside, and beats his man and whips crosses in more than he actually cuts inside to shoot and play defence splitting passes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great pass for the second goal.

Lost his way not just at Man. United but at Dortmund and Sunderland so probably just needed to drop down a bit to re-focus.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like he is having good season

Bwuk

Personally never thought we should of got rid of Januzaj.

I'd rather him than any of our current options off the right.

izec

Him like Memphis are allowed to grow at smaller clubs and play regularly, the good comes with the bad. You cant keep them here and give them 20 games with a lot of subs a season with spells of no playing time. It is notmal they get better, selling them with buy back was the right thing

In Rainbows

Personally never thought we should of got rid of Januzaj.

I'd rather him than any of our current options off the right.
I always thought he should leave even though I was a big fan of his. He just wasn't the Mourinho type and if he stayed here he would just rot.

M16Red

When you look how much we sold Zaha (10 Mil), Depay (22Mil) and Adan (6.3 Mill) its frankly sad.

Bwuk

When you look how much we sold Zaha (10 Mil), Depay (22Mil) and Adan (6.3 Mill) its frankly sad.
Agreed, especially when I'd wager a front 3 of Zaha - Memphis - Januzaj isn't any worse than Sanchez - Lukaku - Lingard.

AltiUn

At least we inserted various clauses in their contracts. Think we have a buy back on Adnan, first refusal on Memphis and a big % of profit for Zaha, if we ever wanted any of them back we’d at least have a decent negotiation position. Not sure I want any of them back mind.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
At least we inserted various clauses in their contracts. Think we have a buy back on Adnan, first refusal on Memphis and a big % of profit for Zaha, if we ever wanted any of them back we’d at least have a decent negotiation position. Not sure I want any of them back mind.
I'm not sure that all of them would want to come back right now.

AltiUn

I'm not sure that all of them would want to come back right now.
I know we're a bit shite but I think we still hold a bit of appeal to players at Palace, Lyon and Sociedad.