Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was pretty mediocre for rest of the game. Generally so were La Real, Odegaard the big miss.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The talent is there with him. 3 assists in 380 minutes played this season. Anyone been following him closely? I reckon we should have kept him over Pereira but I guess long term neither are the quality we need.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The talent is there with him. 3 assists in 380 minutes played this season. Anyone been following him closely? I reckon we should have kept him over Pereira but I guess long term neither are the quality we need.
My problem with him wasn't the absence of talent - it was the constant sulking. Lad seems to lack any mental fortitude to succeed at this level.

meamth

My problem with him wasn't the absence of talent - it was the constant sulking. Lad seems to lack any mental fortitude to succeed at this level.
Been a supporter of him, but I agree.

What he lacks are mental toughness like Dan James.

Imagine Januzaj with James grit and tenacity.

meamth

Pereira looks like he has all Januzaj's quality in terms of technique (minus beating players for fun), but Pereira seems more like United player. Always trying even he fecked up, never gives up.

dabeast

Januzaj has given an interview where he says, "I know most of the people here and hopefully I can be back here one day, if it's not here it will be in the stand to come and watch the team. I like to watch football but most of all I like to watch United."

Over the 2 legs, he has been clearly the best player on their team. While he lacks real pace, he has always had huge talent, a gem of a left foot and great vision. Having now been away at a lower-level club for some time, his worst qualities (apparently he and Pereira used to try and score from corners and didn't work hard) have been ironed out and he seems to love and value United.

We need a RW and clearly Amad has huge potential but is not ready. Since we have a buy-back clause on Adnan, he would be a great, relatively cheap replacement for Mata as a back up to our RW (hopefully Sancho) and No 10 (currently, the great Bruno Fernandes).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Januzaj has given an interview where he says, "I know most of the people here and hopefully I can be back here one day, if it's not here it will be in the stand to come and watch the team. I like to watch football but most of all I like to watch United."

Over the 2 legs, he has been clearly the best player on their team. While he lacks real pace, he has always had huge talent, a gem of a left foot and great vision. Having now been away at a lower-level club for some time, his worst qualities (apparently he and Pereira used to try and score from corners and didn't work hard) have been ironed out and he seems to love and value United.

We need a RW and clearly Amad has huge potential but is not ready. Since we have a buy-back clause on Adnan, he would be a great, relatively cheap replacement for Mata as a back up to our RW (hopefully Sancho) and No 10 (currently, the great Bruno Fernandes).
Nice interview. Makes me warm to him. Although he only looked good for 45 minutes out of 180 against us. Which wasn’t a great job interview.

vodrake

I still think of him as a young up and coming player, but he's 26 now, only 6 months younger than Bruno. Clearly talented player, but I think he's at his level where he is.

I don't think he has the drive or end product to make it any higher

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I reckon I could put together a list of at least 20 players for our right wing spot that would be a better choice than Adnan. Sentimentality should never come into it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Enjoyed seeing him and the fact he seems to have progressed, but he's not of the standard we should be aiming for.

We need a world class RW and for Amad to develop behind them, signing a 1st 11 RW and a back up in Januzaj would mean zero playing time for Amad.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Probably had the talent to make it but it didn't work out for whatever reason. Now he is a very decent player with the ability to produce special moments, but I don't think he's developed into a top class player and wouldn't become one for us at the age of 26.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon I could put together a list of at least 20 players for our right wing spot that would be a better choice than Adnan. Sentimentality should never come into it.
So you don't trust him as much as a certain someone on here then?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's not better than Greenwood so why would we want him? Nice lad, nice player and he'd do a job for sure but I just don't think he's hit the heights we would need him to. I'd rather just give our youngsters more playing time or sign an older player / better player.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Can't believe he's 26 now.
Right? It almost feels as if he's still young enough to be considered "a talent" whereas he should now be close to his peak pulling the strings.

I loves Januzaj in the youth team, always thought he could make it as some sort of Ozil-like no10(their game is pretty similar) then he was shifted out wide in order to easily slot in the first team and hit the ground running. Certainly wasn't his game to be running at players with an average acceleration of his but perhaps he could be developed there too. However aÍ think at certain point he stopped working hard wnough, along with a stubborn manager like LVG, he had to leave and a couple of years getting used to play with inferior players and limited play time showed he really wasn't that special. He's a decent midtable- top half Primera player which is good for him, great career nevertheless. Is he good enough to come here? Well I wouldn't invest any money in him but if he was free and to take Mata's place he would be an upgrade and perhaps a nice squad option, don't think he's dynamic enough for us to move forward with a player like him anyway.

Andreas equally talented boy imo would be a better fit however his decision making let him down time and time again. Both will have respectable careers in their respective clubs.

Red00012

So that’s Ravel and Januzaj that we should be bringing back to the club . Taking bets on who’s next to be mentioned Zeki Fryers anyone ?

OleGunnar20

So that’s Ravel and Januzaj that we should be bringing back to the club . Taking bets on who’s next to be mentioned Zeki Fryers anyone ?
Love - Wooton - Blackett - Fryers
----------------' McNair

Make it happen Ole.

Jokes aside that was a good interview and I hope he continues to do well. I dont think hed excel as a backup here and he doesn't appear to be good enough to nail down the RW flank, so I wouldn't bring him back personally.

Seems to have found his level and good on him for it.

Sylar

I do wonder how he would have turned out for us if he had debuted under Moyes, then had Ole as a manager straight after.
I think LVG and JOse were the wrong managers for him (Januzaj needed to debut under LVG rather than a previous manager imo)

Hammondo

I do wonder how he would have turned out for us if he had debuted under Moyes, then had Ole as a manager straight after.
I think LVG and JOse were the wrong managers for him (Januzaj needed to debut under LVG rather than a previous manager imo)
I agree.

tenpoless

He's one player I wish wasn't sold. The decision to sell him was too quick in my opinion, could have kept him 1-2 more seasons.
Depending on Diallo and Ed Woodward, I'll be tempted to bring him back as a competition for Dan James. But everything has to be in a worst case scenario for us, which means by the end of season:
1. Diallo looks like he isn't ready for senior football
2. We don't sign Sancho
3. We sell Martial and replace him with Greenwood rather than buying anyone
4. Janujaz is available for a reasonable price

Otherwise let's just buy a better, younger winger.

Brightonian

Watching him reminded me of exactly how he was at the end for us. A dazzlingly gifted dribbler who doesn't quite have the pace to be devastating and can't seem to produce the right end product. It's nice to see that he seems to have grown up a bit and recovered that determination and grit that he had as a youth player. He's a real asset for them, but I wouldn't want him back.

Malone_Post

Just seen that he was released by Sociadad at the end of the season. Last I heard he was doing pretty good there, no? Any La Liga followers know what happened? Surprised to see he’s still without a club too. Think there’s been a few tentative links to West Ham (Moyes connection) & Everton.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Just seen that he was released by Sociadad at the end of the season. Last I heard he was doing pretty good there, no? Any La Liga followers know what happened? Surprised to see he’s still without a club too.
He was supposedly going to renew until 2025 and changed his mind at the last minute. What the club has put out through 'sources' is that the player is a bit volatile and that the relationship with the manager wasn't amazing in the first place.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If the alternative is Ismaila Sarr...

sugar_kane

He was supposedly going to renew until 2025 and changed his mind at the last minute. What the club has put out through 'sources' is that the player is a bit volatile and that the relationship with the manager wasn't amazing in the first place.
Seems that rep has followed him around at every club he’s been to.

An early example of where something has clearly been askew in our Academy as it seems to consistently churn out knob heads who think because they have a bit of talent and are employed by United they’ve “made it” they don’t have to be disciplined or work hard.

Giggsyking

FFS, close these silly threads. Seen few mention Welbeck and now Januzai, might as well get Cleverley back.

Last edited:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
FFS, close these silly threads. Seen few mention Welback and now Januzai, might as well get Cleverly back.
This is in the football forum, not the transfer forum. It's a discussion about a former United player of note and what he's up to career wise.

Obviously there will be a few daft posts suggesting United get him back which can't be helped, but at it's core that's not what this thread is about.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Just seen that he was released by Sociadad at the end of the season. Last I heard he was doing pretty good there, no? Any La Liga followers know what happened? Surprised to see he’s still without a club too. Think there’s been a few tentative links to West Ham (Moyes connection) & Everton.
Always decent without being anything special. In a 4-2-3-1 generally played on the right side of the 3. 'Solid' 6th to 10th place team La Liga player.