Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyMay

I think that Januzaj match comp will get taken down for an obvious reason. Will upload my one.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Van Persie, Carrick, Rooney, Nani, Giggs, Valencia - they've all shown that ability to turn the game singlehandedly or carry the team's attack. I'm not sure what Giggs trying silly flicks has to do with it really, with Giggs he's always trying to make things happen in attack. Likewise with Rooney. I don't care if Kagawa makes mistakes, I just want to see him step up when the team needs it and I'm not sure I've ever seen him do that for us in any position. It's about his approach to the game more than his end product.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't disagree with this but then I don't think Scholes was ever as timid or passive from that position as Kagawa. I don't think he struggled to be effective there in Euro 2004 at all for example. Absolutely it's never going to be the way to get the best out of these players but I don't think that's an excuse for such a fearful approach to the game.

Fair enough and I agree that even from the wing, he could be alot more direct with his passing at least.. far too content to play the simple pass.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Van Persie, Carrick, Rooney, Nani, Giggs, Valencia - they've all shown that ability to turn the game singlehandedly or carry the team's attack. I'm not sure what Giggs trying silly flicks has to do with it really, with Giggs he's always trying to make things happen in attack. Likewise with Rooney. I don't care if Kagawa makes mistakes, I just want to see him step up when the team needs it and I'm not sure I've ever seen him do that for us in any position. It's about his approach to the game more than his end product.
To be fair, a lot of this comes down to confidence, which is maybe currently the biggest difference between him and Januzaj, even more so than the system compatibility.

I´m one of the biggest sceptics in terms of Kagawa at United, but not everything comes down to the system. For the most part, Kagawa feels like a restricted player at United. He does not appear as a player who wants to make things happen, but is more concerned to make no mistakes. Even when he struggled at Dortmund (contrary to popular belief, he was not always fantatic there), he still had these strokes of genius which could turn around games where he was otherwise invisible.

We don´t know the inner workings of United and how much Moyes rates Kagawa. Taking him off vs. WBA was one of the worst signs Moyes could show to the Japanese. For a player, who used to play under a coach, who backed him up even in times it did not work, this situation can be really hard, especially in the process of adapting. We can not look inside Kagawa´s head. Maybe he is just a player who needs the utmost faith by his coach. This certainly does not make him really suited for elite clubs, where the competition is extremely fierce and the patience of the managers is not the longest. Maybe he is even with all his quality not "United material".

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To be fair, a lot of this comes down to confidence, which is maybe currently the biggest difference between him and Januzaj, even more so than the system compatibility.

I´m one of the biggest sceptics in terms of Kagawa at United, but not everything comes down to the system. For the most part, Kagawa feels like a restricted player at United. He does not appear as a player who wants to make things happen, but is more concerned to make no mistakes. Even when he struggled at Dortmund (contrary to popular belief, he was not always fantatic there), he still had these strokes of genius which could turn around games where he was otherwise invisible.

We don´t know the inner workings of United and how much Moyes rates Kagawa. Taking him off vs. WBA was one of the worst signs Moyes could show to the Japanese. For a player, who used to play under a coach, who backed him up even in times it did not work, this situation can be really hard, especially in the process of adapting. We can not look inside Kagawa´s head. Maybe he is just a player who needs the utmost faith by his coach. This certainly does not make him really suited for elite clubs, where the competition is extremely fierce and the patience of the managers is not the longest. Maybe he is even with all his quality not "United material".

Tbf, Kagawa earnt the trust of Klopp at Dortmund, and that's why he was kept on even though he was having poor matches. Right now, he's struggling to justify his inclusion in the first XI.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Tbf, Kagawa earnt the trust of Klopp at Dortmund, and that's why he was kept on even though he was having poor matches. Right now, he's struggling to justify his inclusion in the first XI.
Kagawa was strong from the start yes, but Kagawa did not need to really earn the trust of Klopp. Klopp was convinced from him from the very start. You just have to look at his interviews in the pre season 2010/2011 and how highly he talked about the Japanese before he set the Bundesliga on fire. His initial reaction when he saw two games from him in the Japanese league was "get him on a plane". He simply personified all the things he wanted in a player.

Kagawa´s biggest struggles were also the result of a complicated bone fracture, which put him out for 6 months. I have seen enough careers being destroyed from such injuries, that I know that there was no guarantee that he would return to his former level. Klopp still insisted on playing him even when the critics about that got louder.

A comparision between Klopp and Moyes in that matter is not fair, though. Moyes inherited this player, while the same player was Klopp´s first choice, eventhough the Japanese League has at best the level of the second Bundesliga.

Outside this one substitution vs. WBA I can see where Moyes is coming from.

Donut

Is there a stat for the most fouled players? Per minute he must be at the top by far.

binary bot
He's so good. It's like he's one of the experienced senior players in the line-up.

Kinky Melinky

Some pieces of brilliance from him. Some lovely passing and dribbling. Been the best on the pitch so far. Have enjoyed Zaha too

Ekeke

Quite good isnt he? Playing the 10 role he's said he sees himself as. Another reason why there's life after Rooney

Zen86

I don't usually like to get too excited about our youngsters, but this kid really is special. It's just the fact that everything he does looks so effortless and he has a brilliant eye for a pass for someone so young.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Doesnt seem fazed at all. When he is on the ball he has the confidence and almost arrogance that all top players have.

Donut

I can't remember being so excited about a player, he's going to be the best player in the world at some point :drool:

20solskjaer

every time he has the ball its 'cock-out' material, im not sure i can last another 45 minutes of that

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I don't usually like to get too excited about our youngsters, but this kid really is special. It's just the fact that everything he does looks so effortless.
It really is taking so much effort not to get hyped about him, especially given the 5 year deal he's signed. It's been many a year since I've seen an 18 year old who managed to look better than pretty much everybody on the pitch, while not even looking like he's breaking a sweat as he does so. If he kicks on and has a top season I'd love to see him rewarded with the #7 shirt.

Brophs

The One and Only
Bit of a weird statement. But, he's 18, so at least he's legal for you.
Thank feck Paedo Schmeichel isn't still at the club. And not just because he's about 50 and that's far too old for a goalkeeper at this level.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought this during pre-season but it was pre mature to say then, but it's fair to say now he's probably the most promising youngster in the world. Definitely future best player in the world material, he's got so much natural ability and talent, and he has fantastic decision making for someone his age. Agree with Van Persie in that he looks as good as any player I've ever seen at his age.

Keenst

He makes better decisions.

I didn't want to go overboard and say he's better but you're right he does. If he keeps this up consistently, and I don't see why he can't, he could well be very very special.

It's only fair to wait and see how he does over the course of the year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.