Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmufc

My six year old nephew has opinions on United.

I wonder if we should let him post?
Your point is well taken.

However, I do not think my posts are particularly ridiculous, offensive, or incoherent. Maybe I am sometimes too critical of Anderson, I will admit. Maybe I will not post as many negative views on United players such as him, but I think this forum would be a boring place if threads consisted of nothing but mindless praise, wouldn't you agree Sultan?

Anyway, I hope this young Belgian player can become a success.

CallyRed

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is snapping up Belgium’s ‘new David Beckham’ - teenage sensation Adnan Januzaj.

Ferguson has tied up a deal for the right winger, who stars for Anderlecht’s youth teams but is coming to England on a staggering four-year contract.

Januzaj, who comes from a Serbian background, will pick up a stunning £120,000-a-year for the next four-and-a-half seasons - a deal that will make him one of the highest-paid kids at Old Trafford.

United, who will have to pay Anderlecht a ‘training and development’ fee, have beaten off several other top European clubs for the player.

Januzaj, who has just turned 16, agreed to join United after looking at other clubs and visiting many of them.

He will go into Ferguson’s academy, but is tipped to make rapid strides

Manchester United transfer news United snapping up Belgian teen sensation dubbed the

120,000 a year? :eek:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To put it in perspective, that is less than Rooney earns in a week (£2.3k a week - good money but he'll be earning far more if he makes the first team).
For a 16-year old who's never played professional football to earn £120k a year is quite a lot. I've seen a list of players wages in the US and most of them don't earn that much.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Januzaj, who comes from a Serbian background, will pick up a stunning £120,000-a-year for the next four-and-a-half seasons - a deal that will make him one of the highest-paid kids at Old Trafford.
he'll have at least one caftard fan already then..

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
he'll have at least one caftard fan already then..
His parents have done some travelling.

His name suggests he is from Albania. In some reports he is said to be from Serbia. He is also Belgian.

Albanians are not very popular in Serbia.

Virtuoso

United win race for teenage starlet

14:44, February 15, 2011

Anderlecht are waiting to negotiate a training fee with Man Utd for Adnan Januzaj after admitting defeat in the race for his signature.

The Belgian champions have revealed that they have been talking to the 16-year-old's 'entourage' for three months in bid to persuade them that the midfielder's best interests are served by staying in Brussels.

"The entourage of the player has decided to take the British club's offer", said Anderlecht sporting director Herman Van Holsbeeck who will negotiate the compensation due to his club.

"We now await news from Manchester," Van Holsbeeck told Het Belang van Limburg.

"For months now, we have been in meetings with the father of Januzaj to keep the player at Anderlecht, but at some point you cannot go any further."

Reports claim United have offered to pay the teenager a monthly salary of 10,000 euros and, although Anderlecht can claim a small training fee, they were powerless to prevent him from leaving because he had no contract.

"As a 16-year-old, it is the parents who decide," said Van Holsbeek. "We are obviously disappointed that he leaves, but the future will tell if the entourage of the player has taken the right decision."
Manchester United: United win race for teenage starlet - ClubCall.com

Anderlecht have apparently confirmed that we've signed him now, with only the training fee etc left to be finalised.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Oh my God.
First one who says 'needs to bulk up' is a cnut

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I really don't see what videos like that are supposed to demonstrate, there are shed loads of people who do that 'freestyling' stuff, it doesn't actually make them any good at football.

twitter thread suggester
I really don't see what videos like that are supposed to demonstrate, there are shed loads of people who do that 'freestyling' stuff, it doesn't actually make them any good at football.
Fairly sure me and Januz are among an elite few that can do the shirt trick.

Cristiano_RAFC

That video is from a Belgian show called "studio 1" which was a weekly talkshow about football. In the 2007-2008 season of that show, they also held trials all over Belgium for U13s in which they had to pass certain tests and excercises (they called that bit of the show 'pinanti is pinanti'). Over the course of a season the best ones survived and eventually the last 2 players had to play a final in which they had to take 3 penalties with GK Geert De Vlieger (former Belgian international) defending the goal.

I don't remember who won the 'pinanti is pinanti' competition, but seeing that vid here, I do remember that kid.

Mainoldo

Well he can do all that shit and we just gave him a bumper contract so you do the math!!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
True. But when a kid like that (he can't have been older 13 in that clip) can do that then you can sort of see the potential... to be fair

mista john

Belgian media reporting Adnan Januzaj has signed four year contract at 10,000 euros per month. He's 16, Kosovar but I suspect Kosovar-Belgian nationality. At Anderlecht since 10, said to be playmaker with eye for goal but I've seen reports saying right wing. United paid 700,000 euros to Anderlecht, more or less double what they had to pay. Belgian media say, based on chatting to people 'close' to him, that he is moving - not just for money - but as Anderlecht focusing on bulking him up rather than on skill etc.

SecondFig

Belgian media reporting Adnan Januzaj has signed four year contract at 10,000 euros per month. He's 16, Kosovar but I suspect Kosovar-Belgian nationality. At Anderlecht since 10, said to be playmaker with eye for goal but I've seen reports saying right wing. United paid 700,000 euros to Anderlecht, more or less double what they had to pay. Belgian media say, based on chatting to people 'close' to him, that he is moving - not just for money - but as Anderlecht focusing on bulking him up rather than on skill etc.
Based purely on that youtube video, he looks left footed - which is always nice

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I can't find the link for this one.
Manchester United are close to agreeing a £600,000 compensation package for Anderlecht winger Adnan Januzaj. The 16-year-old, dubbed the Belgian David Beckham, will sign a four-year deal at Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.