Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristiano_RAFC

I can't find the link for this one.

Manchester United are close to agreeing a £600,000 compensation package for Anderlecht winger Adnan Januzaj. The 16-year-old, dubbed the Belgian David Beckham, will sign a four-year deal at Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)
:) Belgian press today says: "The British press says Januzaj is called the Belgian Beckham in the Belgian press. However he was never called that. Today is the first time, a proof of the power of the British tabloids."

source: Januzaj is nu al 'Belgische Beckham' | Belgiumsoccer.be

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I just hope we sign the Vietnamese Dong. Would boost our revenue a fair bit.

mista john

That makes him the next Dong I guess
Who know how a sixteen year-old will turn out.
However, there is no comparison with Dong. Dong was sent to Belgium (Antwerp) by United, whereas Adnan Januzaj has been at Anderlecht since he was 10. I guess United scouts have seen Januzaj often enough to have seen something special. Still odds against though.

lynchie

Belgians are, statistically, better at solving mysteries than playing football.

Might as well give up on him now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He won't make it, he's 16 already and from that video alone I can tell he hasn't developed enough technically. We need to sell him.

Virtuoso

United eye Anderlecht teenager

Belgian giants confirm talks over 16-year-old

Anderlecht have confirmed that they are in talks with Manchester United over the transfer of teenager Adnan Januzaj.

The 16-year-old winger is regarded very highly by the Brussels club but he has rejected the chance to stay in the Belgian capital.

Instead he is reported to have accepted an offer from United and the two clubs are now in talks over finalising the overall deal.

"We are in negotiations," Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck confirmed to HNB.

"It is going in the right direction, there is no agreement yet, but I think the player will be going to Manchester."

Van Holsbeeck bemoaned the fact they could not keep hold of one of their prized young assets.

"We made a good financial offer," he continued.

"We also said he would be part of our first-team by the 2012-13 season, but Januzaj refused."

Fee
The youngster, who is of Albanian descent, was also being followed by Chelsea, Manchester City, Aston Villa and Inter Milan, but United, who have excellent links in the Benelux region, have won the race to land him.

Reports suggest they will pay Anderlecht around £500,000 for his signature, more than just a normal compensation fee.

"We are negotiating a fee higher than the compensation just for training," Van Holsbeeck confirmed.

"Have Anderlecht lost a star? Only the future will tell us. He is not ready for the first-team, but how many are at 16?

"He does have potential and he had the profile to become a good player at Anderlecht.

"But alas, we do not have that choice, his parents and those around him have decided otherwise - we can only accept it as the regulations are made this way, we are powerless."
United eye Anderlecht teenager | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

You don't really see the word "alas" much nowadays, might be something in the translation. Oh, and it looks like we've pretty much signed him. Will look forward to watching him play for the Academy in the future.

LARulz

A signing!! Probably won't see him for a couple of years anywhere near the first team but hopefully we snapped up a player for the future.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
It could be quite an exciting Academy team next year with this kid, Daehli, Barmby, Charni, Van Velzen etc as well as those still eligible from the current team.
Are Cofie/Keane still eligible for the Academy next season? If not, do we have any strikers coming through, cause they are the only two the U18 side has at the moment (with van Velzen playing up from with Lingard at the moment)

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Are Cofie/Keane still eligible for the Academy next season? If not, do we have any strikers coming through, cause they are the only two the U18 side has at the moment (with van Velzen playing up from with Lingard at the moment)
No.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Didn't think they would be.

Will be interesting alright. Should have some very talented players in the midfield, but who are they going to be creating for?
Not something to be concerned about, we always have someone coming through the ranks or be drafted in.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It could be quite an exciting Academy team next year with this kid, Daehli, Barmby, Charni, Van Velzen etc as well as those still eligible from the current team.
This is an exciting academy team. Next year we will "lose" Pogba, Cole, Tunnicliffe, Morrison, Keane, Cofie, Lingard and probably one of our best defenders in Tom Thorpe. We need someone to replace them, then.

I'm curious about how we will give these players enough matches the next couple of years. The setup from the age of 18 is not good enough in England (unless you are ready for first team football). Its strange that the Premier League can not have a unified reserveleague. That would give the players more matches, and matching at a higher level. Restrictions on the age of the players participating could have been a good idea.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Now I am absoutely positive he won't make it here since someone from Anderlecht has said he isn't good enough for their first team yet, he's already 16 and won't improve. Shit buy.

jb8521

Theres a young lad called James Wilson who is very highly rated although I think hes still eligible for the under 16s again next year but he might make the step up

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So is this lad really a starlet as they make him out to be? Any Belgians on here, could you lads please give us an insight as to whether you have heard of him before?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Theres a young lad called James Wilson who is very highly rated although I think hes still eligible for the under 16s again next year but he might make the step up
According to Mr. MUJAC's twitter, Barmby had a very good game up front for the u16s yesterday, so that's another option.

jb8521

This lad was in the crowd at todays youth cup game so I presume he has been signed

jeston

Yep he has. He was at the Academy game v Sunderland last week. Came onto the pitch at half time and walked off with the players

datura

Just catching up with some MUTV I recorded, and before the open training Les Kershaw and Paddy Crerand were talking about recruiting the foreign youngsters. Kershaw mentioned that they had signed a 16 year old Belgian boy recently:

Crerand: "and I believe he's something special as well from what I hear"

Kershaw: "I'm not telling you that..he's very good."

jb8521

Januzaj made his debut and won a penalty today as the under 18s lost 5-2 against wolves

stubie

Januzaj made his debut and won a penalty today as the under 18s lost 5-2 against wolves
Promising debut by the sounds of it. I cannot wait to see this Zele Ismail play in Wolves first team, he scored 2 against us (after he hit a hatrick against us last season).

jb8521

Januzaj looked very good from the highlights of the wolves game. Very good touch and a nice dribbler by the looks of it

Status
Not open for further replies.