Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

datura

hopefully he can improve what looks to be one of the weakest youth teams we've had in a while.
I think that is misrepresentative. There are a number of very good players in the team, but it is very young and they are struggling physically also.

If you look at what PS18 and others have said they will take time to adjust and we were expecting results to be inconsistent.

It is probably the best technical group we've had, I'm sure results will improve as the season progresses.

Drainy

I think we were really spoilt last season, we had a well balanced team with ability, experience and enough physique in most positions.

Give this team a chance. They are clearly an immature team, both physically and tactically. There are some really promising players, results are a secondary concern.

bcubed

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
I think that is misrepresentative. There are a number of very good players in the team, but it is very young and they are struggling physically also.

If you look at what PS18 and others have said they will take time to adjust and we were expecting results to be inconsistent.

It is probably the best technical group we've had, I'm sure results will improve as the season progresses.
Yeah, I would go with this I watched the wolves game and the size of their lads compared to the side we had out was quite substantial. A year is a long time at that age and I am sure once they start to "sprout" they will be fine.

Virtuoso

Adnan Januzaj was very impressive against Wolves, some of the runs he went on were exceptional. His close control, awareness and technique all seem pretty special already. He could be a very good prospect, really graceful and has some real quality on the ball.

Looking forward to seeing more of him in this side, hopefully he progresses well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Wonderful young player. Glides past players with ease, lovely left foot, plays with his head up, very intelligent. Tough fecker too.

Could someone move this thread to the reserve/youth forum?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Must be at least resonably serious. Been a couple of months now, hasn't it?

Really like the look Januzaj - can't wait to see more of him.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yupp, he's been out for a good while. Let's just hope he'll be fit for pre-season.

tintedsepia

Likewise hope he gets fit soon and a good pre-season behind him. In reality though don't expect him to make the first team for a couple of seasons.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What's his best position guys, out wide or in behind a striker?

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Huge talent but I will be surprised if he's ready physically unless he's grown a lot in the last 5 months while he was out injured. He only turned 17 this year an there were times last season were he looked a bit lightweight even in under 18 football.

Don't get me wrong though I would love to see him with the first team already as he's a great prospect who has a wonderful touch and fantastic technique.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Het Nieuwsblad say that Adnan Januzaj will join #mufc's summer tour (without mention of USA). Lots of folks told me "no tour to USA".

Hopefully he will join the preseason tour. He reminds of a David Silva.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I guess it's only a matter of time until he refuses to sign a new contract and is off :( Might aswell not get excited about any youth prospects anymore.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Would be great to see him play with the big boys. Wouldnt be the first 16 year old to slowly get into the first team

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I guess it's only a matter of time until he refuses to sign a new contract and is off :( Might aswell not get excited about any youth prospects anymore.
:lol:

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I guess that would indicate he's close to being fit again, which is excellent news.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Think the academy-team is going to look amazing next season if Adnan is able to stay fit. Dæhlie, Pereira, Januzaj, Pearson and the likes :drool:

jb8521

Why is this still in the transfer forum when he was signed over a year ago? Anyway he looks an excellent player quite similar to modric and silva in how elegant he is and how he glides past players without seeming to have any huge pace. Pity he got injured when he did as he was just starting to become the fulcrum of the academy team when moved into the middle after starting the season as a wide player. In the game against Rochdale in the youth cup although the opposition werent upto much he just looked in a different class and dont think he gave the ball away once

Will Absolute

He was class last season until his injury. I hope he does go on the tour - it would add something to the games if one or two exciting young talents were given a chance.

He's still very lightweight though. You wonder how he'd compete against fully grown men.

ciderman9000000

Tooni

Seems weird, you'd think if he was going on the preseason tour then Petrucci should definitely be there as well.
Has his contract been sorted ?

Back on topic, a good show would pretty much guarantee him a loan move to championship. With the recent success of Blackpool, Swansea, Norwich, etc. showing that clubs can play football and also be successful at that level should certainly encourage more club to try and play a better quality of football at least at technical level and that should suit our young players well.

ciderman9000000

Question marks can be used to show doubt or uncertainty when used in parentheses (Thank you English degree)!

So checkmate yourself buddy :D
Exactly, you showed doubt and uncertainty when asking '(of America?)'.

If you think that isn't a question then I reckon you'd better retake your English degree.

Checkmate.

Ciderman just got schooled. Literally.
Yeah right.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Moved in here for further discussion. Please keep the petty, teenage sniping to a minimum. Further derailments may result in a few infractions.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thanks, Raoul.

He was class last season until his injury. I hope he does go on the tour - it would add something to the games if one or two exciting young talents were given a chance.

He's still very lightweight though. You wonder how he'd compete against fully grown men.
Yeah, that would be interesting to see. I reckon he'll be fine, he's not that lightweight and he's a tough kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.