Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Would be a no-brainer to give this lad a chance in the current United setup with Ole, coaching staff and the French players/history at his disposal.

ash_86

Not anyone worried about his antics? Very good player but he could be poison in dressing room . Worth the trouble?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not anyone worried about his antics? Very good player but he could be poison in dressing room . Worth the trouble?
Yeah I'd be worried. Hate this sort of character, he's been indulged for ages at PSG with his antics and he seems a complete brat.

To be honest, from the opinions I've read on him, he's not all that. Was very highly rated as a youngster but he sounds like he's fallen by the wayside whilst still maintaining hype due to his previous potential. I've not seen much of him but that's the opinion I've often seen when he's discussed

pocco

loco
we should be all over this move. he's not settled person right now- a chance of scenery and fresh start will settle him.
The guy is a pampered twat by the sounds of it and I'd question his mettle when he's required to perform every week for a title challenging side in a strong league. Let's face it, he's not only had issues at PSG but with the national team also. We'd be mad to watch this unfold and think about bringing him here.

Aloysius's Back 3

I'm starting to think so.

There was a time where I'd be a bit reluctant - but you see the subs bench of City & you start to think of a player like Rabiot is too much of a good deal to let go on a free.

Even if he starts I The XI, that makes a current player he replaced play on the bench.

Other thing is - PSG have many big name players with big heads - Rabiot is just another one of them. United have one or two at max if that, who try to be like the modern celebrity diva style footballer.

Rabiot in my mind will find it harder to be big mouthed and big headed here than at PSG when as I said - he is just another player alongside other big headed individualistic selfish like players.

haram

Would be a no-brainer to give this lad a chance in the current United setup with Ole, coaching staff and the French players/history at his disposal.
How is signing Rabiot a no brainer? Look at all of these antics...

Aloysius's Back 3

How is signing Rabiot a no brainer? Look at all of these antics...
He's too much of a good deal on a free - look at City's squad & we need to build some mthing that can compete.

Even if he doesn't work out - we could sell him for 20-30mil the season after.

haram

He's too much of a good deal on a free - look at City's squad & we need to build some mthing that can compete.

Even if he doesn't work out - we could sell him for 20-30mil the season after.
He would be on high wages. No one is going to take him that easy and he is enough of a cnut to disrupt things as much as he could.

edcunited1878

He would be on high wages. No one is going to take him that easy and he is enough of a cnut to disrupt things as much as he could.
If word gets out that he entered negotiations with United and they didn't want to meet his financial demands, which I believe come from he and his mother (agent), then they will go and kick rocks.

Wages should not be a concern, he'll be offered what the club thinks is right and then they'll decide. Uncle Evra, King Eric, Bros Saha, Martial and Pogba can all and may have already been in his ear.

Would rather take the chance on this player because United can afford to do it financially and footballing wise. We need more quality, he's young, talented and will be surrounded in a much, much better atmosphere than PSG.

croadyman

We should sign him. The way I see it is the club wont spend as much as we expect. Signing Rabiot on a free is good business. It would allow him to play RCM, in a position he prefers and Herrera/Matic/McTominay can share the DM role. I would prefer Pellegrini but a free signing is fine, if it means we sign a CB, RW and a Fullback.
Still have money for another Midfielder too

PoTMS

Whoever he goes to is taking a risk but one that is most likely going to work out really well.

Canagel

The guy is a pampered twat by the sounds of it and I'd question his mettle when he's required to perform every week for a title challenging side in a strong league. Let's face it, he's not only had issues at PSG but with the national team also. We'd be mad to watch this unfold and think about bringing him here.
we need quality to compete with the biggest teams in Europe and this player like @Aloysius's Back 3 says is too good of a deal for us to be turning down - Matic/Herrera are already going to the wrong side of 30 and a club will be taking a risk on him one way or the other so Id rather us be the ones. he has talent and time on his side.

ash_86

Yeah I'd be worried. Hate this sort of character, he's been indulged for ages at PSG with his antics and he seems a complete brat.

To be honest, from the opinions I've read on him, he's not all that. Was very highly rated as a youngster but he sounds like he's fallen by the wayside whilst still maintaining hype due to his previous potential. I've not seen much of him but that's the opinion I've often seen when he's discussed
I'm thinking the same. The last player we signed who refused to play for his club was a disaster . We still haven't handled him yet and we're already looking for the next one in similar stature. Alarm bells are ringing

ash_86

I'm starting to think so.

There was a time where I'd be a bit reluctant - but you see the subs bench of City & you start to think of a player like Rabiot is too much of a good deal to let go on a free.

Even if he starts I The XI, that makes a current player he replaced play on the bench.

Other thing is - PSG have many big name players with big heads - Rabiot is just another one of them. United have one or two at max if that, who try to be like the modern celebrity diva style footballer.

Rabiot in my mind will find it harder to be big mouthed and big headed here than at PSG when as I said - he is just another player alongside other big headed individualistic selfish like players.
I get what you're saying but attitude is something which is very hard to correct in a player . If he kicks up fuss then we have Sanchez situation at arsenal all over again . I'm really frightened to touch these type of deals.

Cloud7

I’m sold on him. Ole has the vibe of Fergie, in the sense that he seems like someone that can get through to players that others seem to be problematic. I think he would be a quality addition to our team.

Cloud7

I'm thinking the same. The last player we signed who refused to play for his club was a disaster . We still haven't handled him yet and we're already looking for the next one in similar stature. Alarm bells are ringing
To be fair Sanchez hasn’t had any attitude problems at United, he’s just been awful. We made a bad buy on him, but that’s to do with the drop off in his ability, not his attitude. He’s tried quite hard since he’s been here in my opinion, he just doesn’t have it in him anymore.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's actually a very good player, much better than the overrated Ruben Neves that plays for Wolves.

Eric Cantona was a much bigger cnut than Rabiot ever will be. Cantona was such trouble in France that they couldn't wait to see the back off him. Cantona wasn't considered a top talent in France and subsequently ended up at Sheffield Wednesday before he moved to Leeds and won a title. After a short stint at Leeds, he again caused trouble amongst the dressing room and was sold to United for £1.2m and Fergie got the best out of him.

Mourinho was a cnut too and we employed him. This lad is a angel in comparison.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rabiot didn't refuse to play. PSG are not playing him as he rejected contract extension.

midnightmare

Where's this from? His manager has been forced to play without him as the owner's have taken offence to his stated desire to move. He'd be a shoo-in if not for this. As for NT, ummm, he's not the first player to have had issues with NT. Across teams and generations, these things do happen. I'm not saying he has no issues, but those that are being cited are frankly not the kind that make me say we should steer clear.

Grande

How qualified is your opinion? It seems based mostly on others opinions, but the opinions I’ve read that seems qualified, seem to say that he is not known to be disruptive, he is known to be a bit entitled, his mother is known to be a tough business woman looking out gor her son’s interests, and that he has a huge potential in central midfield, particularly defensive midfield, though he dreams of playing more advanced.

It seems easy for many to base their opinions on people who just voice unqualified opinions loud and often, instead of waiting to hear the more qualified opinions.

roonster09

Scout
How qualified is your opinion? It seems based mostly on others opinions, but the opinions I’ve read that seems qualified, seem to say that he is not known to be disruptive, he is known to be a bit entitled, his mother is known to be a tough business woman looking out gor her son’s interests, and that he has a huge potential in central midfield, particularly defensive midfield, though he dreams of playing more advanced.

It seems easy for many to base their opinions on people who just voice unqualified opinions loud and often, instead of waiting to hear the more qualified opinions.
Few french posters on this site said only good things about the player, or lets say good outweighs the bad.

If we are looking to spend big money on multiple positions then it's always good to sign quality players who are available on free, even if we risk bit more in wages.

pocco

loco
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...adrien_rabiot_explains_his_choice_in_an_open/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...ts/a7gyp0/the_reasons_why_rabiot_is_so_hated/

These are the sort of discussions I've seen about him in the past. Including reaction to his open letter about the world cup rejection. It's not just his antics but many seem to agree that he only performs when he feels like it and he doesn't even like playing as the holding midfielder, which is what many on here want to sign him for.

We'd just have problems with him if we ever decided to drop him or ask him to play certain roles.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Rabiot is not a saint but I think PSG have acted unprofessionally. He's not the first player to decide he's not signing a new contract.

Adisa

Genuine question.

If he gets the sack from PSG could he play the reminder of the season for another team?

He is class but is he really what we need?
There is always room for good players though. Would he be a good addition?
The window for free trasfers is still open. It closes this month I think. He won't be able to play CL though.

roonster09

Scout
The window for free trasfers is still open. It closes this month I think. He won't be able to play CL though.
If I'm not wrong that is only for players who didn't have club during transfer window. Otherwise everyone will abuse that system.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What's wrong in signing Rabiot? If he does well, then we have got ourselves a star. If not, then he should be kicked out of the club before any damage had been made. That's what properly run clubs operate these days. Juventus were in that same situation when they signed Pogba for example.

The problem with us signing Rabiot isn't the player himself but our inability to get rid off players quickly once they had failed to make the mark.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...adrien_rabiot_explains_his_choice_in_an_open/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...ts/a7gyp0/the_reasons_why_rabiot_is_so_hated/

These are the sort of discussions I've seen about him in the past. Including reaction to his open letter about the world cup rejection. It's not just his antics but many seem to agree that he only performs when he feels like it and he doesn't even like playing as the holding midfielder, which is what many on here want to sign him for.

We'd just have problems with him if we ever decided to drop him or ask him to play certain roles.
Not really, he would moan and that's about it. Rabiot is irritating but he isn't an actual problem, plenty of players are moany but you don't really hear about it because they aren't playing for the likes of PSG, a club that receives a massive amount of coverage in France. Rabiot is only an issue for fans and a player that a manager manage.

neilv93

Clubs can only register players during transfer windows. We could sign him now, if he was sacked and therefore available on a free or on a pre-contractual agreement, but he won't be able to be registered until July 1st.

Wallez

This would be a very interesting signing in terms of checking the man management skills of Solskjær and his team, assuming that they get long term contracts. He could be a world class player with proper coaching, and if Solskjær can get the best out of him we should sign both on 10 year contracts. If his wage demands are not too stupid, I don't see this as a gamble economically either, since his market value is high in todays market. Reports in Marca say that negotiations with Barcelona ended up with 10 mill euros (about the same as Lukaku and Mata) per year plus 10 mill in sign on fee.

I have been very skeptical of signing Rabiot, but let's say that we sign him for these fees. Worst case scenario is that he doesn't play up to his potential, which leaves us with a squad player in a position where we are lacking numbers. In addition, we would have spent a total of only 20 mill euros over one season, and we should be able to get far more than that if we are to sell him. Best case, we get a world class midfielder.

Aloysius's Back 3

Not really, he would moan and that's about it. Rabiot is irritating but he isn't an actual problem, plenty of players are moany but you don't really hear about it because they aren't playing for the likes of PSG, a club that receives a massive amount of coverage in France. Rabiot is only an issue for fans and a player that a manager manage.
This is what I said to - PSG is a celebrity club where players have the freedom to be seen as the most important aspect at the club, acting like divas in the spotlight.

I don't see him acting the same way at United because instead of seeming like a diva in the spotlight; he would straight up feel more like a b*tch - acting a way that most players do not except for a very few players with that mentality currently at United.

Plus Rabiot under Jose would have worried me - a bad energy around the club. However with Ole's hardworking angelic stability that he has bought; I'm more inclined to think that would be like a calming arm around Rabiot's shoulders - something that he would need.

KennyBurner

If mourinho was still here then maybe. As things stands we need to find value in the market so our overspending on players balances out. You see people okay with risking 100m on the likes of sancho yet you have a problem with signing a good player with problems for free? We need the value!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is what I said to - PSG is a celebrity club where players have the freedom to be seen as the most important aspect at the club, acting like divas in the spotlight.

I don't see him acting the same way at United because instead of seeming like a diva in the spotlight; he would straight up feel more like a b*tch - acting a way that most players do not except for a very few players with that mentality currently at United.

Plus Rabiot under Jose would have worried me - a bad energy around the club. However with Ole's hardworking angelic stability that he has bought; I'm more inclined to think that would be like a calming arm around Rabiot's shoulders - something that he would need.
While he is entitled, one of his issues with the club is supposed to be that he thinks that PSG academy players aren't treated fairly compared to some of the expensive players. He thinks that he is as good but no as respected/valued and while he has a point because Al Khelaifi created that situation by having his favorites who are always welcome to his office and are supposed to even go clubbing and dining with him.
What bothers me with him is that he has the ability and had the opportunity to force the club's hand by simply replacing Thiago Motta and learn from him too, instead of focusing on trivial off field issues.

Shinjch

I think I would probably be in the camp of taking the risk on him. By all accounts all the players and coaching staff get on will with him, it's a decision from the ownership and sporting director that have frozen him out. A good all around midfielder that would help us I think.

Adisa

Clubs can only register players during transfer windows. We could sign him now, if he was sacked and therefore available on a free or on a pre-contractual agreement, but he won't be able to be registered until July 1st.
I thought clubs can register free transfers outside with window? Used to do it all the time on FM.

roonster09

Scout
I thought clubs can register free transfers outside with window? Used to do it all the time on FM.
For only players who were free agents during transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.