Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamadovich86

Seems like a good player who has a lot of baggage, we dont need more of that at United.

L1nk

I think his best quality in that video is his calmness under pressure in midfield, he's not panicking in the slightest and seems very assured of his ability, we could definitely use the calming effect in the middle of the pitch.

manunited1919

This is a must do signing for us. He is what we need, now that Herrera left. I also wonder, could he rotate and play as a RW instead of Lingard?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's just turned 24 and is a brilliant midfield player. We really could do with his ability in our midfield. He's a class player and we don't have many of those right now. On a free it's a no brainer.

And his supposed issues are over exaggerated in here.

POF

His best position seems to be on the left of a midfield 2. I think United would struggle to get him in the same team as Pogba, especially if they persist with a midfield 3.

In the EPL, Spurs would be a very good move for him. He'd slot into the role Dembele played for them.

Patrick08

Huh? So far in his career he has shown a lot more potential as a Defensive Midfielder than as a box to box player.
He wont be as efficient as fernandinho or kante or fabinho with pogba and another attacking midfielder ( Bruno fernandes, if that happens) to cover for them both. Specially when pogba and our strikers lose the ball at awkward positions.

Not saying he can't play there but i see his position best suited as a 8 in a mid 3 or along side a dm in a mid 2 with 10 up front.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Its a bit of a no brainer isn't it :confused:

We've lost 2 midfield players since this time last year and we've a very good midfielder available on a free.

Sure there might be question marks over him but we give him the opportunity to put all that shit behind him and redeem himself playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world (and there doesn't seem to be cue of those lining up for him!)

If it goes pear shaped, worst case scenario we ship him out for £10m, even if we subsidise his wages to the tune of, erm, £10m we dont lose anything.

As an aside, from his perspective, if he comes here and does start kicking up a fuss/acting the bollocks, then he has to realise his chances of having any sort of decent career are dead.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Its a bit of a no brainer isn't it :confused:

We've lost 2 midfield players since this time last year and we've a very good midfielder available on a free.

Sure there might be question marks over him but we give him the opportunity to put all that shit behind him and redeem himself playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world (and there doesn't seem to be cue of those lining up for him!)

If it goes pear shaped, worst case scenario we ship him out for £10m, even if we subsidise his wages to the tune of, erm, £10m we dont lose anything.

As an aside, from his perspective, if he comes here and does start kicking up a fuss/acting the bollocks, then he has to realise his chances of having any sort of decent career are dead.
Well said.

reddevilz007

I think we can make it work, pogba alongside rabiot and fernandes.

At juventus, the midfield was narrow with pirlo, vidal, marchisio and pogba.

Bruno can play a similar role to Vidal, as he actually tracks back even as an advanced midfielder.

Now, we’d have to find out who can play the deeplying midfielder that was Pirlo.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Extremely talented— it’s a no brainer.

Surely we’re nailed on if it’s us and Everton?

Last edited:

George Beast

Seen a lot of mention of his luggage. Firstly, he's only 24 as has been mentioned countless times, and a lot of that luggage goes back a few years. It's not completely implausible that he's matured and is still continuing to do so, is it? And secondly, after having read a bit about it, it was mostly his mother's influence, a woman who he got rid of as his agent in Feb. Why aren't people being rational about him? He looks very talented from the what I've seen plus he's got a swagger about him that I like. I think suites United and would be a very good signing on a free. Fully on board.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seen a lot of mention of his luggage. Firstly, he's only 24 as has been mentioned countless times, and a lot of that luggage goes back a few years. It's not completely implausible that he's matured and is still continuing to do so, is it? And secondly, after having read a bit about it, it was mostly his mother's influence, a woman who he got rid of as his agent in Feb. Why aren't people being rational about him? He looks very talented from the what I've seen plus he's got a swagger about him that I like. I think suites United and would be a very good signing on a free. Fully on board.
Your average flight from Paris to Manchester doesn’t even include luggage.

BolehLand

Supports
Valencia
Because he is free, so the wages is 10m per year.

let us assume his transfer fee is 40m so sign him for 4 years meaning we get him playing for us for 0 wages for 4 years. so the agent and player actually change the transfer fee from the club to himself.

if he fail to impress for the next 2 years it would be hard to sell him like sanchez, but perhaps we have to pay half of the wages for the next 2 years equally to 10m and get back 30m transfer fee, anyway it would be win win situation.

But De Gea and Pogba would request the same wages.

ATXRedDevil

He wont be as efficient as fernandinho or kante or fabinho with pogba and another attacking midfielder ( Bruno fernandes, if that happens) to cover for them both. Specially when pogba and our strikers lose the ball at awkward positions.

Not saying he can't play there but i see his position best suited as a 8 in a mid 3 or along side a dm in a mid 2 with 10 up front.
Exactly my thoughts. We ideally need to get a proper DM or DLP to pair with him and pogba. I think he’d be a terrific signing for us (even without costing nothing in a transfer fee). An improvement on Herrera, easily.

dasty

Because he is free, so the wages is 10m per year.

let us assume his transfer fee is 40m so sign him for 4 years meaning we get him playing for us for 0 wages for 4 years. so the agent and player actually change the transfer fee from the club to himself.

if he fail to impress for the next 2 years it would be hard to sell him like sanchez, but perhaps we have to pay half of the wages for the next 2 years equally to 10m and get back 30m transfer fee, anyway it would be win win situation.

But De Gea and Pogba would request the same wages.
The problem with Sanchez is his position and age. Everyone knows there is no way Sanchez would improve or ever get back his blistering pace at that age. Rabiot plays in a position that depends a lot less on pace and even if he failed, he is still only 26 two years later, hardly an age of decline and there will still be clubs willing to take a punt.

PSG had been doing their best to make Rabiot look as bad as possible in the public's eyes. Other than his stupid refusal of his national team's call up he had not done much wrong. He is not one who parties all the time, has no track record of bad discipline nor does he sulk and refuse to perform on the pitch, unlike a certain player that we have. Most players that had left PSG did not leave in good terms - Aurier, Moura, Ben Arfa and most recently Draxler who they claimed to have a fight with Neymar in the dressing room. There is clearly something rotten in PSG and it's harsh to blame everything on Rabiot.

forevrared

He's free and I think we could probably do a lot worse for a lot more. He needs a change of scenery to kick start a stagnated career that was extremely bright and could be given that chance in our midfield right now.

YzWayne

From the youtube compilations, it looks like he plays a more direct football compared to Pogba. Seems to be more effective in holding the ball too.

Saddy

This has a "Cantona feel" about it and I would hope that Ole takes a leading role in meeting the player to have a proper chat about the club and his expectations alongside ours - we don't know if Pogba is staying at the club but I would imagine they could form a great partnership for us. If he has any doubts don't sign him.

Rocknrolla69er

If he fits Ole’s system then yes
If his workrate and application are good then yes
If hes not demanding 300k a week then yes
If his attitude and professionalism are good then yes

No to any of the above then no

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It could be made to work. Looks a bit imbalanced on paper though and we'd have no attacking midfielders. I wonder who the third midfielder would be.
Pogba is attacking midfielder isn't it, plays more attacking role. We need very good defensive mid though.

Rocknrolla69er

Pogba.....Rabiot
......Partey.......

Wouldnt be bad, pretty physical id have a slight concern about workrate though with question marks over Pogba and Rabiots desire to recycle posession.

Pav1878

Pogba.....Rabiot
......Partey.......

Wouldnt be bad, pretty physical id have a slight concern about workrate though with question marks over Pogba and Rabiots desire to recycle posession.
This is exactly my concern. We need hungry players with the desire to win the ball back and high up the pitch. Does Rabiot do this and if not can Ole motivate him and Pogba to do it? I'm not so sure

Status
Not open for further replies.