Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 3, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

Falcao asked to be sold very late in the summer while Di Maria and PSG tried to circumvent FFP until the last minute.
  2. Jun 3, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I wasnt talking about Woodward but Moyes and Ole who both went on holiday
  3. Jun 3, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

No.
  4. Jun 3, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

We signed all of our players very early again to be fair. 2013 was admittedly a shambles.
  5. Jun 3, 2019

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

I wouldn't complain at this point anyway. That doesn't mean I'm not a little worried about us messing up this transfer window however, if we wrap up a few transfers by the end of June, all signs point in the right direction.
  6. Jun 3, 2019

MadMike Full Member

Why do we need that? I mean I'm not saying there's no merit to a high press strategy, but Real Madrid won 3 CLs with a midfield (Kroos, Casemiro, Modric) and wide men (Ronaldo, Asensio/Bale) that didn't do high press.

There's different ways to play football. You can play a slow & controlled tempo with technical midfielders that dictate the pace, you can play with fast leggy midfielders on the break and you can play with a workmanlike high energy/tempo midfield that presses high up the pitch. There's merit to all these approaches.

Personally I like the look of a Pogba-Partey-Rabiot midfield. Should be quite physical and pretty fast on the break.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  7. Jun 3, 2019

bludsucker New Member

The fifa tms goes live only on the 11th of june. So I expect the transfers to be done/announced only after that.

P.S: That is only for foreign players. We are free to sign and register domestic players playing in England.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  8. Jun 3, 2019

Wallez Full Member

I see no reason for the manager not to go on holiday just after the season has ended. All the players are gone, and the manager has minimal involvement in the negotiation of contract extensions or negotiations of transfers in and out. Our transfer plans for this summer has already been made, so now it is just up to Woodward to finish the negotiations. Everybody needs rest, and this is the only time the manager can do this. He will be back with a fresh mind soon, with the plans for next season ready. Solskjær is a football man, so even if he is on holiday I can guarantee that he spends a lot of time pondering about the plans for next season.
  9. Jun 3, 2019

POF Full Member

That still baffles me to this day. Appointed in May for a 1 July start, he waited until he started at United and then went on holiday!

The chance of a lifetime after being handed the golden ticket and he waited to go on holiday. He then ran out of time that summer and proceded to sign nobody but Fellaini but not before the embarrassing scattergun bids for numerous players he had no chance of signing and all with very different styles of play which showed he had no clue what he was doing.

I'm sure he had a good holiday at least, the utter pillock.
  10. Jun 3, 2019

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Why do posters go mental this early on when we haven’t signed anyone? We are only just out of May ffs. Players are on their holidays or have only just finished their season. Selling clubs like to have replacement lined up prior too. There’s plenty of time to get our business done.
  11. Jun 3, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Dont think anyone is going mental
  12. Jun 3, 2019

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

“Just sign someone for FFS!” Suggests otherwise.
  13. Jun 4, 2019

Le Red Full Member

I hope you're right because Real just announced Jovic.
  14. Jun 4, 2019

Scholsey2004 Full Member

I though that too. I think he presumed things would be easier at a bigger club with bigger resources and that his ticket had effectively been stamped. New and inexperienced CEO Woodward probably contributed to that mentality as well. I doubt either of them thought things could go so wrong so quickly.
  15. Jun 6, 2019

luke511 Full Member

People on reddit seem to be confident of us signing this guy, not sure who/what their source is though.
  16. Jun 6, 2019

MattyB1986 Full Member

They don't really have any sources. They're people who pretend to be itk in a crazy part of the internet. :lol:
  17. Jun 6, 2019

Adnan Full Member

18. Jun 7, 2019

Sayros Full Member

Rumors he may be staying after all with Leonardo returning. Would be a spectacular turn of events. Still have a hard time believing it, but let’s see.

It is strange he hasn’t been able to get into any agreements with other clubs in all of that time.
  19. Jun 7, 2019

youmeletsfly Full Member

There are a few options here:
    - he already did but they're not announcing it(he's coming to epl and the international market opens on the 15th or something like that)
    - he really doesn't have offers from big clubs
    - he's waiting for the highest bidder as he is a free agent
  20. Jun 7, 2019

bond19821982 Full Member

Doubt it. They just signed Herrera and that Argentine from Zenit in Jan.

Have lot of options in midfield now.
  21. Jun 7, 2019

It's not really surprising, Henrique is the one who created the situation.
  22. Jun 7, 2019

Sayros Full Member

Sure, but at this point, with all that’s happened in the last 6-8 months, it’s a situation that’s turned beyond just Rabiot vs Henrique. Tuchel has always been supportive of the player though and frequently bemoaned the situation.

Regardless, I’m glad Henrique is finally gone. I’ve read several stories regarding different situations where he came off as someone who couldn’t help but leave a bad impressions and create situations out of nothing. Tuchel himself had his issues with him, most likely regarding the Rabiot situation among others.
  23. Jun 7, 2019

dev1l Full Member

24. Jun 7, 2019

dev1l Full Member

25. Jun 7, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

Rabiot to extend?
  26. Jun 7, 2019

Yeah, he apparently upset most of the clubs or agents he talked to which is difficult to understand when the man has been a DOF for so long.
  27. Jun 7, 2019

dev1l Full Member

No. Rabiot is denying he wants to extend. Most probably PSG PR created that news saying he wants to extend the contract to give the impression, they ll going to end the relationship in good terms (or making him less credible when dealing with new clubs).
    They did something similar with Meunier lately too.
  28. Jun 7, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

Cheers @dev1l. Please post a translation next time ;)
  29. Jun 7, 2019

Varun Moderator Staff

Their arse
  30. Jun 7, 2019

United_We_Stand Full Member

31. Jun 7, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

Him, Pogba and a dm with a good passing range are my Muppet dream
  32. Jun 8, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

He won’t extend for sure, not after what PSG has treated him. He’s basically Fellaini with more technique, he’ll boost our midfield.
  33. Jun 8, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

Rabiot is not that and if he was why would we want that?
  34. Jun 8, 2019

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

He is pretty much nothing like Fellaini, what a weird comparison :lol:
  35. Jun 8, 2019

minh_loc_xoay New Member

Fellaini would have bullied that Barcelona's defense, just like how he bullied Juventus in our Champions League match. Just saying...
    Ajax was minutes away from a Champions League Final. Yet they had no answer for Fellaini 2 years ago.
  36. Jun 8, 2019

Because Fellaini is actually good player but lack technique. I see similarity between him & Fellaini in overall play when Fellaini plays in no 8 role with us & Belgium. Knows how to win the ball with rarely launch sliding tackle, not a quick midfielder, tall good in the air, knows how to use their own strength they do bully players & shield the ball with their strength in similar way, both aren’t type midfielder with playmaker passing & vision ability, & both have aggression to offer in midfield. Both Rabiot & Fellaini has those assets & style when they play in midfield, but Rabiot has more technique.
  37. Jun 8, 2019

Completely different Ajax. That was the Ajax side that lost 5-0 to Rostov.
  38. Jun 8, 2019

Do you think Sander Berge is similar to Fellaini? Do you think Steven N'nonzi is similar to Fellaini? Fellaini at his best is sort of a deep lying target man who spent a good deal of his career miscast as a DM. Rabiot as actually pretty quick and has fantastic potential as a DM but, is convinced he should be a box to box player.
  39. Jun 8, 2019

Never watch Sander Berge. N’zonzi got pace & I watched him play as no 6 so I don’t know how to judge him when he played or ever played as no 8, he’s more similar to Fabinho than Fellaini.

I wasn’t talking about Fellaini at his best position, when Fellaini played as a no 8 or box to box there are similar style between him & Rabiot which I have mentioned the aspects in my previous post. Rabiot has more technique. Fellaini with technique, he would have been a top midfielder.
  40. Jun 8, 2019

Rabiot is also just much better when played in those positions since he is much better athletically and technically.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.