Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVN1991

I would much rather have fellaini back. What an absolutely horrific window. Arnautovic and Rabiot, fecking hell.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If the last few days haven’t screamed glazers out then you are deluded. The fact we have to wait for them to wake up to ok transfer deals is astonishing, they keep taking money out of the club and invest in what they assume are quick fixes but in reality are washed up players years past their best. Paying 18m for a player Juve want rid of and off their wage bill is mind blowing. Wouldn’t surprise me if the glazers had investment in juventus from the deals we’ve concluded with them over the years.

Gandalf

Do I consider that we are buying a player who is coming from another league, who had barely better stats than a player we already think is shit, coming to a league where the game is significantly tougher week in week out to be a 15m upgrade.
You appear to be suggesting that Rabiot is not significantly better than McTominay and basing that on stats alone when anyone who has seen much of the two of them playing can tell that Rabiot is many levels above McTominay. This stats obsession is the same crap as the jokers who were claiming Fred was better than Messi last year because he had scored more goals that season.

Rabiot is better than McTominay and Fred for that matter and he is available for a knockdown fee. He is not an exceptional talent but he is in the good to very good class of midfielder who is more than capable of improving our team. I swear we could sign prime Modric and Messi and most of the Caf would be bitching and moaning about them not being tough enough for the PL and they would rather give the minutes to Charlie Savage or whoever.

Hackman2210

Just watched a youtube vidoe with a banging soundtrack. Rabiot seems like a cross between Zidane and maradona with the tenacity of keane. Cant wait to see him in the flesh, kind of looks like a god.

mu4c_20le

sorry those are actually decent players that we don't want to sell!

By the way I'm not saying Rabiot is totally shit just that perfomance/wages do not match at all!
At Juventus he is getting paid almost 200k/week way too much for what he can offer.
He doesn't tackle, he isn't a deep passer, scores way too less, he isn't aggressive.
Hi best attributes? he is handsome so team general handsomeness would go up. Sometimes he somehow wake up and does wonder goals but that's like once every 2months
Sounds like a frenkie situation :drool:

Alemar

What the fecking feck is going on with our transfer policy? We are now in full panic mode and purchase leftover junk?

spiriticon

Genuinely surprised how many people have such a strong opinion on someone like Rabiot, whilst also not really having a clue about him. It's a completely inoffensive and uninspiring signing, but he improves our midfield with a profile we don't have and has played at a high level.
As you say, he is inoffensive and uninspiring. Like AWB, Donny, Lindelof, Andreas etc...

In a year or two, he'll be 'deadwood' because in a dysfunctional team like ours, he probably doesn't have the natural talent to be particularly outstanding to drive us to Top 4 by himself and he's not exactly a young and mouldable talent. And then we can't move him on because we've probably signed him to a 5 year contract on really high wages.

And then when we finally do have a good chance of signing someone like Frenkie in a year or two, the board won't do it because they can't move Rabiot on from his multi-million pound contract.

Ugh. Is anyone experiencing Groundhog day?

Last edited:

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Oh boy, I tought that this was picked out, showing only the categories to favor Scotty, so I looked it up and included all the stats.
It just gets worse and worse if you include interceptions, arial duels, fouls won etc.

McTominay was statistically way better in the PL last year than Rabiot at Juve. Let that sink in.
Comparisons like these are worth nothing when both teams play a totally different kind of football. We play a way more possession based style of football, where Juve tries not to lose and play very defensively compared to us (and we even play a double pivot lol). Of course McTominay gets more touches and passes off this way. Rabiot also has better technical ability than Scott.

Stats can be deceiving. Now I'm not trying to act like we've signed some worldy here because Rabiot has been in poor form too but when someone would've asked me who's the better football player I would go with Rabiot.

Kaos

We’re officially the biggest joke amongst Europe’s big clubs.

You could argue Barca are, but at least they’re still a desirable destination for Europe’s elite, and even have their badly treated players still simping for them.

Arnautovic and Rabiot, feck me. The Glazers should be chased into the English Channel the rat tailed parasites.

Zoo

Had a quick look through the Juventus forum. They absolutely hate everyone in their squad it seems like apart from their shiny new toy who we all detested (Pogba)
That forum is a joke and quite disturbing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There was a time where I wanted us to sign him when he was around 22 years old. I haven't watched him play much since but from what I remember he's a player that plays with a high intensity and can carry the ball well. He's quick on the turn as well and from what I remember was defensively good as a young player.

Castia

Don't fill the squad with mediocre talent

We wont get top 4 with a Rabiot and Fred midfield regardless, it's bang average.

If we can't get the right players in then play the kids.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

You could argue Barca are, but at least they’re still a desirable destination for Europe’s elite, and even have their badly treated players still simping for them.

Arnautovic and Rabiot, feck me. The Glazers should be chased into the English Channel the rat tailed parasites.
At least Barcelona manage to sign good players.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Feels like we’re signing future deadwood. Not the inspiring window I naively envisioned at the start of the summer.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

We wont get top 4 with a Rabiot and Fred midfield regardless, it's bang average.

The biggest Transfer OUT the club can do is the Glazers

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Gravenberch - €18.5m
Rabiot - €18m

Murtough masterclass. Shows the need to begin transfer talks early.

NewYorkRed

He won’t be as bad as people think. There is a player in there. Its the personality/panic which worries me but his stats from last year don’t do him justice. He is a much better player then Mcsauce.

OverratedOpinion

Gravenberch - €18.5m
Rabiot - €18m

Murtough masterclass. Shows the need to begin transfer talks early.
People constantly ignore players willingness to sign with us.

Why would Gravenberch sign here over Bayern? If he wouldn't then it is clearly an irrelevant comparison.

Arios

Supports
Juventus

To get in Top 4 you should definetely get Arthur as well from Juventus!
Rabiot and Arthur duo infront of defence would totally fix United!
Stealing Arthur it's easy! Just pay his wages and 30.4m or even a free loan with option is ok!

saivet

I'm going to listen to the podcast now but this must be misrepresented. Even if he's not a knee jerk signing to yesterday this clearly hasn't been well planned since the start of the window.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Genuinely surprised how many people have such a strong opinion on someone like Rabiot, whilst also not really having a clue about him. It's a completely inoffensive and uninspiring signing, but he improves our midfield with a profile we don't have and has played at a high level.
I think it's the highly likely scenario that he's the De Jong alternative and our only midfield signing that's the problem. As a bonus signing in addition to a planned option it would be fine.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stealing Arthur it's easy! Just pay his wages and 30.4m or even a free loan with option is ok!
Do you guys know why all your midfielders have been underwhelming since Sarri joined you?

ForeverRed1

So what’s your honest take on rabiot? Worth a punt? :nervous:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
People constantly ignore players willingness to sign with us.

Why would Gravenberch sign here over Bayern? If he wouldn't then it is clearly an irrelevant comparison.
Its not an irrelevant comparison, I pointed out the disparity in quality between two players, and suggested we start talking to players early.

The reason Gravenberch went for that little is because Bayern started talks with him early, that made him only want to go there, if United started talking to him earlier I think there could jave been a chance he'd follow Ten Hag here.

Gandalf

Absolutely no chance I'm believing that. Why haven't we bought him weeks ago if that's the case?
I am guessing he is part of the Plan B as the chances of signing de Jong recede.
If it is Rabiot and another player instead of de Jong then it makes sense but I don't think it was ever the plan to sign another midfielder if we were going to sink 85M into the de Jong deal.
This could be encouraging as it suggests we had this deal in reserve for if Frenkie went tits up and we might see some other fast developing deals as we finally give up on dealing with Barca and their levers.

Cloudface

Bit weird mate.

JustinC00

bollox, heard absolutely not 1 rumor linking us to him (or the racist prick) before and then the day after we lose we have an agreement. Juventus has been trying to sell him since the season ended we could have him the day the transfer window opened

Status
Not open for further replies.