Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

If we are already getting Mount who is probably gonna be played as an #8, I think we should target a natural #6. Not a #8 who can do a job as a #6, which is what Rabiot is. There have been reports before of him clashing at PSG because he didnt wanna play as a defensive mid, and even Emery talked about he doesnt like playing there.

Nope. We dont need to sign a first choice defensive midfielder, that's Casemiro. Its his partner Eriksen, that needs to be upgraded, and we need to find an eventual replacement/backup for Casemiro. So we basically need a first choice #8(that will improve our team), and a backup #6 that will provide depth. Its in GK and CF where we need to add a huge amount of quality to bridge the gap. Getting Rabiot instead of say Kone is not making United title challengers, even though he maybe a better player currently.

Its crazy you are mentioning Pep, because how he handled the Fernandinho->Rodri transition was great. Rodri was exactly that, the younger understudy. Yeah he wasnt cheap, but its City. Teams do it all the time, hell ETH did the same with Malacia and Shaw. SAF did it with Ferdinand/Smalling etc. Its not a new thing.

Mainoo is not ready. If we can get someone like Kone/Tyler Adams/Amrabat on the cheap, I will not be complaining.
Kone is not a back up 6 he’s an 8. Tyler Adams and Amrabat are not better than Rabiot and therefore are not value for money which was my whole point.

My point around Pep was exactly what you was referring to. They spent £50m on an established Madrid CM to rotate with Fernandinho. They didn’t get Man Utd Kone from the under 21s in France. I‘m not disagreeing with your profile of player but I am disagreeing with your options. A club of United should be getting Tchoumani, just like Madrid did. We seem to not have the funds for that which is why Rabiot was perfect.

L1nk

Forget this bum with absolutely no ambition. More money, CL football and a challenge in the PL, but would rather stay with that perpetually point deducted team

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Forget this bum with absolutely no ambition. More money, CL football and a challenge in the PL, but would rather stay with that perpetually point deducted team
What makes you think he has other offers from a CL club ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
JPRouve will be disappointed his son didn't join ManUnited.
I don't care whether he joins United or not. I do care about people building false narrative around players regardless of whether the player is linked with Uinted or not.

Highfather_24

Kone is not a back up 6 he’s an 8. Tyler Adams and Amrabat are not better than Rabiot and therefore are not value for money which was my whole point.
I'm not a scout, so I'm not the best source on alternatives. But I do believe there are better options out there. I dont believe you need to fork out 80M for them either.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not a scout, so I'm not the best source on alternatives. But I do believe there are better options out there. I dont believe you need to fork out 80M for them either.
What is the base of that belief? There are maybe some prospect that could be interesting gambles and then there are expensive and unavailable alternatives.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Happy with that. Don't rate him and he sounds like trouble.

Mainoldo

I hear what you are saying. But in the world of social media and Redcafe.. believe anything you don’t know you probably shouldn’t.

Meaning what you hear is what is available, ‘at this level anyway’. There’s a good reason why City and Arsenal are fighting it out for the one CM and it has nothing to do with poor scouting.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m not upset that we are not signing him but it does annoy me that we do not seem to be targeting/putting in the groundwork with free transfers. Considering our financial position currently why didn’t we push for Guerreiro or Laimer? Both high value free transfers gone to Bayern. Asensio, Inigo Martinez, Skriniar and Thurman for example would all have helped improve our squad for a negligible financial outlay in terms of transfers and would afford us to move on players like Fred, McTominay, DVdB, Telles, Bailly, Martial for transfer fees thus improving our FFP standing.
It was known for a long time that Laimer was Bayern bound though and that Skriniar was going to PSG
Thuram in my opinion is pants

LuckyScout78

Only on of Mason Mount or Rabiot. But are best in the offensive. With the ball. Mason Mount is good with the high press. But still not a natural nr.6. Really good at build up and set the tempo from deep.

Only Mount or Rabiot as LCM in a 433/451 formatiom:

Antony - Bruno/Eriksen/RCM - Casemiro/DCM - Mount/Rabiot/LCM - Rashford + Martial

You see. No needs for both Rabiot and Mount. United only need one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.