Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

Well if thats the case we will be playing him as a box to box midfielder then?
I think he played in a double pivot with Verratti. He certainly had a far greater share of the possession than he seems to get at Juve which would suggest that.

ti vu

Genuinely intrigued why Juve made him the second highest paid player in Serie A - only behind Ronaldo - when they bought him. I was under the impression he was pretty underwhelming even at that point?
Free agent.

Crazy wage for Aaron Ramsey as a free agent too

ti vu

When they won the league;

Wijnaldum
Henderson
Oxlade
Fabinho
Milner

The year before the won the CL with same players minus Fabinho.

Basically until Thiago came last season, their midfield has always been about function rather than guile.
They won CL with Fabinho. He came the same window with Allison. The previous CL, it was Karius disaster lass in CL final.

city-puma

The more I think it, more interesting is it for us to play him and McT together, ie, two b2b. It can be very industrial because both are tall, physical, athletic, mobile. We have too many technical players but weak on physical part.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
he can be utilised as the single pivot or as one half of a double pivot. From what I remember of his time playing in France, he was particularly strong at retaining possession whilst under pressure, which is a skill in itself. He's also very quick and agile in a deeper role, which should be seen as a advantage for a coach who aims to sacrifice defensive stability for goals, and will require the midfielders to play with intensity and cover ground quickly to either extinguish the opposing transition or slow it down. Neves and Tielemans are both weak in that regard.

Not sure what went wrong at Juventus, but I do occasionally frequent their fan forums and the likes of Kulusevski and Bentancur were derided by many of their fans and both players seem to be doing well at Spurs.

croadyman

My advice is don't watch Howson video on him entitled My Worry With Rabiot unless you enjoy depressing yourself further.

Only way I can feel positively with this is that if he is signed alongside someone else too, otherwise we are fecked.

ObscureBaguette

The more I think it, more interesting is it for us to play him and McT together, ie, two b2b. It can be very industrial because both are tall, physical, athletic, mobile. We have too many technical players but weak on physical part.
No. We need to move on from McTominay. He isn't good enough.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is this shite really happening? How come we agree a deal with Juventus, and suddenly here comes Rabiot, and we agree a deal with Barcelona, and it's where the feck is Frenkie for 12 weeks?
Its cause you don’t know the difference between Frenkies contract situation and Rabiots contract.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
At this rate, the expectations are so low that if he makes a 15yard pass, he would be seen as the Pirlo/Scholes' lovechild.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
apparently 120k a year is pretty reasonable nowadays, so a 48m investment Is considered mid level
Some italian fans think 15m fee and 120k wage are big money. 15m is a nothing transfer deal in EPL even with the bottom 10 teams.

AkaAkuma

He looks to have a similiar skill set to de Jong in terms of carrying the ball up field whilst also being strong defensively.

He could fill de Jongs role in the team and also be capable of taking on a more defensive role in the event de Jong is signed at some point.

reddevilz007

Can we hurry and get him, and hijack Ruiz from PSG?
That Matheus Nunes from Lisbon would be interesting, if we’re too late for Ruiz.
I cannot watch another game with McFred starting.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can we hurry and get him, and hijack Ruiz from PSG?
That Matheus Nunes from Lisbon would be interesting, if we’re too late for Ruiz.
I cannot watch another game with McFred starting.
Nunes from SCP looks a interesting player. If de Jong doesn't happen then I hope we sign one of Nunes, Bennacer or Caqueret. A midfield 3 of Rabiot, Nunes and Eriksen has potential to do well.

reddevilz007

Nunes from SCP looks a interesting player. If de Jong doesn't happen then I hope we sign one of Nunes, Bennacer or Caqueret. A midfield 3 of Rabiot, Nunes and Eriksen has potential to do well.
Rabiot, Nunez and Eriksen is the midfield trio I’m hoping we can go ahead with.

Garnacho, Ronaldo and Sancho as front 3.

Thiagoal

I’m really quite shocked at the negativity around Rabiot. I’ve always thought he was a beautiful player to watch. He glides around the pitch and always seems to have time in possession. He’s so many levels up from McFred technically it’s unreal.

I must admit that I’m basing my judgements more from his time at PSG as haven’t really followed him at Juve, but there’s definitely a class player in there that with the right coaching could have a massive impact on our style of football and control of games!

reelworld

How distracting his mom would be in the greater scheme of things?
Is she just all loud but doesn't really have any impact like Lavar Ball in the NBA?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Rabiot, Nunez and Eriksen is the midfield trio I’m hoping we can go ahead with.

Garnacho, Ronaldo and Sancho as front 3.
That midfield 3 would be exciting and I think it's very important that we sign at least one more midfielder in addition to Rabiot. Hopefully it's de Jong, but if not then one of the three midfielders i've mentioned would be ideal alternatives.

The money has to be made available by the owners because Todd Boehly seems to be throwing money about and you either have the mindset to compete with Boehly and the rest or you need to sell up.

Hawks2008

I actually think we don't have enough technical players. I can think of 3 that started vs Brighton at most that would qualify as technical.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He looks to have a similiar skill set to de Jong in terms of carrying the ball up field whilst also being strong defensively.

He could fill de Jongs role in the team and also be capable of taking on a more defensive role in the event de Jong is signed at some point.
his progressive passing rate is in the shitters. He is nowhere near to FDJ

devilish

Think it's unfair to lump him in with Arnautovic in terms of bad signings.

Maybe he can have a renaissance at United. I used to rate him very highly, though that was a fair few years ago.
He is infinitely more talented than Mctominay.
why not? Both have a shit attitude towards football and are toxic. On a purely football basis, Arnautovic had done better last season then Rabiot.

RedIke

Me yesterday.... Can't have that midfield play together ever again.

Me today after the Rabiot bid..... Well, beggers can't be choosers.

I, for one am ready to watch anyone play in our midfield. feck it, get it done and let's see it play out.

devilish

Me yesterday.... Can't have that midfield play together ever again.

Me today after the Rabiot bid..... Well, beggers can't be choosers.

I, for one am ready to watch anyone play in our midfield. feck it, get it done and let's see it play out.
Rabiot is absolutely toxic mate. He'll stink the dressing room and quite frankly he isn't even worth the hassle. If we can't get a decent CM then in my opinion we should stick to what we've got till January. In my opinion ETH should be given a free pass and kids should be given an opportunity. Meanwhile let's hire a real DOF with actual experience in what he's doing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I'd happily take rabiot and milenkovic-savic as telegraph are reporting. Thats an instant upgrade to our midfield.
If that’s the case then yes I think a lot of people would. But I’ve a feeling it’s only gonna be rabiot which isn’t nowhere near enough and if we’re only bringing in 1 midfielder then it has to be de Jong for me.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Im just going by the reviews and videos I've seen but this seems to be such an underwhelming signing that can only be papered over by getting De Jong. I'd prefer us to go for Guido and SMS if we can't get De Jong.

Despite leaving it so late it seems we could still get arguably best DM - Guido and center midfielder - SMS, that's been available this window (if the reviews of people that's seen them are correct).

Redcy

his progressive passing rate is in the shitters. He is nowhere near to FDJ
Watch the all touches of him at juve, 2019, plays a lot sideways nothing like de jong. I don’t think I saw him carry the ball either tbh in that game. I think we are hoping to get the player from 2018

Redcy

If that’s the case then yes I think a lot of people would. But I’ve a feeling it’s only gonna be rabiot which isn’t nowhere near enough and if we’re only bringing in 1 midfielder then it has to be de Jong for me.
Probably tielemans as he is nice and cheap, don’t see is taking a risk on a fancier name tbh

Mainoldo

Rabiot is absolutely toxic mate. He'll stink the dressing room and quite frankly he isn't even worth the hassle. If we can't get a decent CM then in my opinion we should stick to what we've got till January. In my opinion ETH should be given a free pass and kids should be given an opportunity. Meanwhile let's hire a real DOF with actual experience in what he's doing.
Yeah neither of these things are going to happen. So let’s just take this Improvement over McFred. At least Rabiot can play for a top 6 side.

Castia

Reports are saying he wants CL football, we might not even be a temptation for a mediocre midfielder like Rabiot.

Scary.

MetoTTT

Reports are saying he wants CL football, we might not even be a temptation for a mediocre midfielder like Rabiot.

Scary.
His mom will negociate crazy wages the he'll come here. Can't believe we're in. Can't stand this sulking primadonna and his trouble making mom/agent.
Arnautovic rumours are even worse.
Thought we hit rock bottom a while ago but apparently we're still digging

luke511

It’s so obvious Rabiot was offered to every club in hope of earning a nice bit of profit before his contract runs out, and Utd end up coming to the rescue in a rushed panic, you’ve just got to laugh. Any other well run club would sign him next year on a free, he’s just not worth it, we have enough no.8s with glaring weaknesses in their game as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.